Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The current administration have NOT been doing exactly that, then?

#confused

Yes they have. As stated before, i am not a Tory either, but have come to the conclusion that Labour have always wasted more money than the Tories.
I do not believe all these new promises from Labour, Bold Seagull stated they can change their mind.....they can i suppose but has been said before, not fooled again i'm afraid.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But how much of that 350 million is needed to pay for the government admin stuff which is currently, in effect, out sourced to the EU. Simple things like standards for children's toys are currently managed, administered and enforced by the EU. Someone in the UK will need to take all this on. And this is just toys. My industry has heavily regulated and numerous, thousands, of rules and laws currently administered by the EU. Who will physically enforce these? And where will the money come from?

But isn't that somebody else's problem?

D

Deleted member 2719

Because with the advent of social media regular people are now seeing for the first time how bat shit crazy, violent and intolerant the left really are. They claim to be progressive but act the total opposite.

What alternative do people have voting wise to keep these people getting anywhere near power?

It's happening world wide.

Top post.:thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Because with the advent of social media regular people are now seeing for the first time how bat shit crazy, violent and intolerant the left really are. They claim to be progressive but act the total opposite.

What alternative do people have voting wise to keep these people getting anywhere near power?

It's happening world wide.

I must admit i cringe when i see the rent a mobs at these demos. Screaming like banshees, organised chaos with normally damage done to public buildings, even monuments. You are correct, shouting down people, insulting people, is a definite turn off for sensible voters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What did the 2015 exit poll say?

The 2015 General Election thread (click here) is a beautiful, beautiful thing right from the very beginning with gems like:

The Tories will not be running the country, this is all I really care about at the moment. One step at a time.

Seeing as the Tories need at least a 4 or 5% lead over Labour to win a majority it will be interesting where this sudden surge in votes will come from, a Tory party in disarray, the leader sunning himself in Portugal despite half the world being at war and the only policy they can come up with is more demonisation of benefit claimants.

As the Tories couldn't win in 2010 despite their being the most unpopular PM of all time against them how the hell will they win in 2015 when the whole country knows what a nasty, devisive, spiteful, incompetent government they are.

We then got ready for the result...

I'm chilled, they're chilled - let's do this!

40052f305a59245a3faaf6d5ea62bd9b.jpg

Then, at 10pm, the exit poll came:

Bbc exit poll. Tories at 316!!!!!!!

Ed's fvcked it!!!

:clap: :clap:

BBC exit poll... Amazing

Conservative 316 Labour 239 SNP 58 LIB 10 UKIP 2

Just wow!!!

Then you went into denial:

Er, it's only a poll not the result

Then more denial:

Interesting that the YouGov exit poll puts the result as Tories 284, Labour 263 which seems more believable

No one enjoyed it though. Oh no.

I'm with Paddy Ashdown - I'm not convinced by this exit poll at all.

However, for now I don't care. I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the walls of chez [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] as the exit poll results were announced. What a beautiful moment.

All over the place you say:

Seems strange with every poll not just YouGov saying the same thing for the last 6 weeks and suddenly the BBC exit poll is all over the place

So, you asked about the 2015 exit poll. You are right, it was wrong. It said Conservative 316 (they got 331), Labour 239 (they got 232).

It's as the ComRes man said: every poll since 1983 has underestimated Tory support at the ballot box. And the more the left call right voters evil, nasty, selfish and thick, the pollsters are going to have to keep trying to estimate the effect of shy Tory-ness and hope they get it right.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I've been trying to get my head around what makes Tory voters vote the way they do and I've been having a real tough time doing so. I can totally see why the left gets more animated in vilifying the right than vice versa. You just have to look at some of the Tory MPs voting records to see why.....

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham/votes

How can this shit puffin of an MP get this many votes?????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Worthing_and_Shoreham_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

It ****ing DEFIES BELIEF that people could vote in such numbers for a man who (based on the things he votes for in Parliament) could very well be qualify for the tag of being "evil".

Are there any left side MPs with such an appalling record in Parliament? Please post them up if there are.

I will tell you why Tory voters vote the way they do.......... and I am going to enlighten you right now.....it is because all politicians are liars....all of them, left, right, centre they all in the end, they promise the earth and yet when they get power let you down....if you think your life will change if JC is in Number 10 on June 9th you are wrong it is you and only you that has the ability to do that.

To me the left and even more so under Corbyn promise everything and if he gets in, I can assure you he will not be able to deliver, because he is promising far far far too much and that is why if I voted for him, he would let me down even more (just as Blair did when I voted for him). At the moment (and my mind could still change before polling day) I actually believe promising less, speaking as the state of country is (i.e still with a huge debt and Brexit to deal with) is better (a la Cons) than promising massive spending increases on almost everything, the country is just not in a position to do so, right now, because of the two pressing reasons I have listed.

The Tories lies are actually less bad than the Labour lies...it is not because the Tories are any good (there are lots I do not agree with and I much prefered the Cameron/Clegg combo to May on her own), it is because they are the least worse.

Going back to your post less than 10 years ago, some Labour (and also Cons, but less) MP's went to JAIL for fiddling their parliamentary expenses, don't try and accuse one side or the other, left or right, they all will let you down. You should rein in your comments (really for your own sanity and reality, as you may well be upset on the morning after the election) he is not evil, he is just an MP trying to do what he thinks is best in a civilised democratic society (be that right or wrong in yours or mine eyes).....evil is what happened in Manchester last week and also what happened to Jo Cox too about a year ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, i am not a Tory either, but have come to the conclusion that Labour have always wasted more money than the Tories.

But the hard FACTS are that this current government has increased our national debt massively - far more so than any Labour one in history. Why ignore that?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe many remember the promises they made before they got elected last time. Many things that get blamed on the current government were actually brought in under Labours watch, tuition fees being one of them, food banks also.

Food Banks weren't bought in by government policy, they are provided by charities as a necessity has grown. The growing reliance on them is the issue, 41k used in 2010 to 1.2m now just with the Trussell Trust. The political issue is how to stop people needing them. It isn't a policy of either party to introduce or provide them, local authorities make decisions to subsidise them based on local need.

D

Deleted member 2719

I would like to see a bare knuckle fight between May and Corbyn.

The outcome a right hook KO from May in the 1st round while Corbyn was taking shelter in the corner still deciding on what combination to throw.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We have poll after poll on here, it is never go to show the outcome. Labour were due to win the last elections, according to the polls on here, Remain was going to easily win, according to NSC, and now Labour are in front again.
The Brighton area and NSC do not reflect nationwide, same as the audience last night, the board is loaded with far left leaning posters.

Suprised you didn't use Mrs May's stock answer #4 There is only one poll that matters and that is on 8 June.
You must do better as repeating phrases over and iver again is how we are going to get the best possible deal for Britain

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
IMHO, the real problems that we face are more or less insurmountable and it won't matter much who we vote for.

1. Automation will continue as will the elimination of millions of jobs. Society will need to find a different way of supporting those unable to find work, and I can't see much evidence that we will be able to.

2. Capitalism has failed for billions of people, but there is no alternative, and even in there was, no appetite to implement it

3. Increased longevity will turn out to be a poisoned chalice, with an ageing population (particularly in the West) and hideous social care costs

4. Worsening air pollution.

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Suprised you didn't use Mrs May's stock answer #4 There is only one poll that matters and that is on 8 June.
You must do better as repeating phrases over and iver again is how we are going to get the best possible deal for Britain

She is right though, which makes me wonder why some many on here spend so much time blowing their hot air trumpets

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It was dramatically different to all pre-election polling. If would have been considered to be very much an outlier (until it turned out to be pretty close).

Yeah, but it wasn't 'spot on', it suggested a hung parliament not a healthy tory majority!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe many remember the promises they made before they got elected last time. Many things that get blamed on the current government were actually brought in under Labours watch, tuition fees being one of them, food banks also.

So you would rather that people who have benefits reduced, delayed or are in severe poverty should gowithout food due to your dislike of Labour and we shouldn't really be caring for our society. What next the NHS a Labour idea assume you also disagree with that also.

Not everyone wants to live in your far right utopia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here