Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Conservatives are reporting a higher than usual turnout... could be a ruse? or maybe Corbyn's army of youngsters is on move??

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Does sound a bit like Christmas Eve ..... midnight mass and all that

It was a good night but nothing like Midnight Mass - it was very raucous in the Dome with the crowd like a football audience - lots of singing and chanting and flags being waved.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I think TM has lost a lot of votes with her 'no magic money tree' comment. Condescending munt.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
High youth turnout thus far being reported nationally, according to a Labour teller I spoke to in Hastings earlier. High youth turnout in Hastings & Rye also.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think TM has lost a lot of votes with her 'no magic money tree' comment. Condescending munt.

Unlikely - that was playing to a certain crowd. Your tone suggests that there is very little May could say that you'd find agreement with.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Early high turnout down here always traditionally favours the Tories as they get the local party machine out picking all their core 'grey' vote up in various cars, but clearly the youngsters early turnout aspect might be the complete opposite.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it's telling that there has been a high youth turn out as I'd expect most to vote after uni or college has finished

Will an angry (as in all previous eras) group of students, be enough to deliver a Corbyn/McDonnell Government from a registered electorate of 46 million?

At 10pm this evening and shortly thereafter, we will find out. Maybe yes. But if not, it will finally kick that theory into the long grass, as they have registered in unprecedented numbers.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why on FB have so many tarts stuck in am voting Labour?

I have not seen one I am voting Conservative.

Desperation, trying to influence the fence sitters???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why on FB have so many tarts stuck in am voting Labour?

I have not seen one I am voting Conservative.

Desperation, trying to influence the fence sitters???

I'll say it to save a lefty the bother:

People are so embarrassed to be voting Conservative that they'll keep quiet, not post their voting intention 79 times a day to social media and not put up a poster in their window.

Embarrassed. And probably ashamed too. Embarrashamed if you will. They know they're doing some really bad and don't want to draw attention to themselves.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

People are so embarrassed to be voting Conservative that they'll keep quiet, not post their voting intention 79 times a day to social media and not put up a poster in their window.

Embarrassed. And probably ashamed too. Embarrashamed if you will. They know they're doing some really bad and don't want to draw attention to themselves.

or just more private

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

D

Deleted member 2719

Why would people be embarrassed there is only one real choice with Corbyn leading the labour party.
I am not embarrassed to say I have voted Tory but also I do not see the point in trying to wind up my friend's and family by posting every two minutes about nasty labour etc.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Since the man on the left will win by a country mile, I feel better that I have expressed my apathy with a vote for the man on the right.

There, I feel better already.
IMG_1575.jpg

Good Luck Baron von Thunderclap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here