Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale Contract

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Stockdale is a very good shot stopper and excellent on one on ones. I have doubts about him on crosses, perhaps like many keepers. I wonder what the view on him will be next season if we go up and he comes under more pressure and concedes more.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sauce?

You may be right, but I find it hard to believe that we would only offer 1 year to someone who has had an outstanding year for us and would either be a decent Number 1 in the Premier League or even if we found another top keeper, you would want him there as competition / cover.

Yep and I've read the same on here too.

Just bargaining I suspect. Don't show your hand until you have to.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Named in the EFL team of the year last night. :clap2:

Ha, yes. That's true. I was referring more to if we decided we'd like to upgrade. I think that'd be quite a hard task.

I honestly think if he was a stone lighter he may be England's best goalkeeper. Shot stopping and general handling, distribution, composure, footwork, decision making blah blah...he might not be the fastest out the gates but realistically there isn't many better that would be a realistic acquisition for us.

Needs a new deal however possible.

(Aware I may be a little OTT).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe I'm naive but one won't find many a better keeper than David Stockdale. Chronically underrated on a national level. He'll get the plaudits he's due in the top flight.

Then I'm positive he'll want to stay with us, seeing as no Prem side has/had looked at him and he is our no.1 keeper.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I thought he looked very over weight the other night.

Me too!

fatboy.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here