Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Scheme

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think loyalty points should be directly proportional to your post count and time active on this forum.

No, no, no. They should be proportional to how far you travel to home games; zero per game if you live within 20 miles of the AMEX, 50 if you live between 21 and 100 miles, and 100 if you live 101 or more miles away.

The point is that there are countless ways to define "loyalty" - the current system seems to me to be about right... perhaps the only thing I'd tweak is the premium for 1901ers. I'd probably take it down to 50 points (to account for the fact that they get no additional points for home cup games), rather than 100. Though it's worth noting that 1901ers will have to attended several away games this season in order to get into the first tranche of Villa tickets...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
how-to-build-customer-loyalty.png

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
Great, thanks for your insight - bhanutz. Would you mind if I asked you a few more questions?

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
I'm all up for Uni bods doing their research, but they could at least interact and acknowldge those who have bothered to reply and enchance their projects with the information requested.

Sadly, this looks like another one post wonder

Haha, I've been busy but yes I did want to follow up with some of you. Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
Thanks for your insight - The_Viper. It would be great if you could answer a few questions pertaining to being a fan and whether you feel valued by the club. Please let me know?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
You're right. Brentford went to the second bracket as I've already said in this thread. It started at what, 1150? I still don't have 1150 and I got a ticket - although that was through manically whacking the refresh button on the page from about 8.40am until the button turned gold!

It sold out quickly that morning, none of my mates got one. Think I read on here that people were complaining on the albion Facebook page that they "couldn't get a ticket even though they were ST holders".

Right-o so Brentford have a 22k away end now do they? :lolol:

There is an argument then that the second bracket was too large. Someone on 1140 points got the same chance as someone on 1100 points (if that was the lower limit).

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
Thanks for the concern Colonel Angus, although I think I have been pretty vague with my post..gathering post from fans is not my only form of data collection. Otherwise, yes in terms of data I would not have much data of substance. And if you would like to read it once I'm done you're more than welcome too.

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
I see, thanks for your insight Blue3. Would be great if you would be able to answer some additional questions?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
There is an argument then that the second bracket was too large. Someone on 1140 points got the same chance as someone on 1100 points (if that was the lower limit).

Totally agree. When games are going to have huge demand, they need to make the drops smaller. At least with Villa they're dropping it from 1160 to 1120 which I think is pretty fair. Other games have gone from 1150 straight down to about 1050!

Like you say, seems silly that someone with 1150 has the same chance as someone with 50 points less. That's 5 extra games they've been to!

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
Haha, thanks for your viewpoint. I take it you're not happy with the scheme then?

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
Haha, you don't even know what my actual question is! I've been quite vague for a reason..but thanks for your concern nonetheless.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
I think it made it to the second bracket, but sold out very quickly in the second bracket. My MK Dons loyalty points were added overnight before the 9am second bracket for Brentford so I bought tickets at about 8am with no problems.

You're right - think I was just under the 2nd tier and it didn't make it to 3rd. Was a mental game, wish I'd scraped in!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Even by today's student standards it reads like a lazy attempt at research.

I'd be interested to see how the finished dissertation reads if NSC's responses are typical of the responses gained from other club's boards. If Tae manages to manufacture a decent thesis from the thin responses posted on here then a career in journalism awaits.

This. I've just proof-read a dissertation. The OP wouldn't have come remotely close to qualifying as suitable 'research' - particularly as how research was conducted has to be explained in some detail.

Good luck though.

Tae02

Apr 5, 2017
Ha, thanks for your concern. I haven't even gone into detail on here about how I am going to conduct my research as I didn't think it was necessary. If you would like to offer your opinion on the loyalty scheme as mentioned, feel free to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here