Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Song With Iconic Keyboards?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
OMD were one of the first successful keyboard bands, as well as Kraftework, and then followed by early depeche mode. Then of course Howard jones and nick kershaw

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Visage, great call, a song that epitomises the music of the 80's.
How about Oxygene - Jean Michel Jarre.
Rick Wakeman with Yes and Wonderous Stories.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Much as I loved The Stranglers at the time, their main Unique Selling Proposition was patently the highly accomplished keyboards = entry-level punk for students and older brothers who never quite 'got' punk and who would far rather be listening to The Doors. They mainly loved The Stranglers because 'they could play their instruments'.

Yes there were some who were like that, but I very well reemember the summer of 77 in Brighton, going to 4 or 5 gigs a week, Alhambra, Basement, Vault, Poly, Top Rank, the odd trip up to London (Roxy, Vortex) and the Stranglers were very much part of the wallpaper. They were also one of the first to release an album (Damned, Clash, Stranglers) and I had RN on vurtual loop in the Spring of 77. Yes they were quite musical, but so were The Adverts and, once they learned how to play, the Banshees. And of course we loved Elvis Costello, a virtual Mozart. You didn't HAVE to be a one chord wonder to be acceptable...... and pretty soon there were musical post punk bands all over the place - Alternative TV, Wire, The Cure . . . . . the Stranglers had their place. Anyove see Cornwall playing in Brighton a few years ago? My brother took me for a birthday treat. He is still unapologetic about 'I feel like a wog' which very certainly upset a few black friends of minee back in the day. But I digress :laugh::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here