Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the chance the game will be off tonight?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm expecting a 6pm inspection so am not leaving before then.

It does make you wonder with all the advancements in pitch drainage, under soil heating, etc that far fewer games are postponed now, why don't we have several large fans on the Amex roof to blow the fog away :whistle:

It does make you wonder with all the advancements in pitch drainage, under soil heating, etc that far fewer games are postponed now, why don't we have several large fans on the Amex roof to blow the fog away :whistle:

Put out a call to all fat supporters who wish to help provided they can actually get up to the roof.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Took this photo 15 minutes ago.

IMG_20170310_121211941.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Which is about when I get to Eastbourne and a packed Falmer bound train is due to leave like happened for the Cardiff game...............

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has there been a (shortlived) thread on here about the new tarmac logo...? Presume it is the dark patch you can make out in this photo between the ticket office and the bandstand?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Shut up Mr Cheerful, some of us have a long drive and dont want to get there and find it canceled again.

I'm just about to head off by car from the Midlands and will have to keep my fingers crossed that the match isn't called off. For the Cardiff game, my son and I arrived in Sussex at 17:59 after a 3 1/2 hour drive through rain, mist and fog en route only to find that the match was called off one minute later following an 18:00 pitch inspection! We turned round and drove 155 miles straight back home! :-(

I sincerely hope we don't encounter a repeat of that experience tonight and am praying that all will be okay based on the BBC's latest "mist" forecast for Falmer from 19:00 onwards (..albeit that it's showing "fog" from now until then).

Such is the lure of the Albion!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It is not the clear-sighted who rule the world. Great achievements are accomplished in a blessed, warm fog.

Joseph Conrad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here