Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know our record when Uwe Hünemeier starts games?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm struggling to think past the inept defensive performances against Lincoln and Brentford but does anyone have the definitive record when BFG has started in his Albion career?

I'm not sold and am veering towards giving tomori a start at CB or RB?

Thoughts?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm struggling to think past the inept defensive performances against Lincoln and Brentford but does anyone have the definitive record when BFG has started in his Albion career?

Thoughts?

He walked straight into the team against Fulham (2nd game) and was ever present until our first defeat of the season against Midds. So his record as a starter must be excellent.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Think he played about 12 games last season where we only lost one (Middlesborough where he came off injured). But that is without looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He walked straight into the team against Fulham (2nd game) and was ever present until our first defeat of the season against Midds. So his record as a starter must be excellent.

He started 14 matches last season and we only lost once (as mentioned above against Middlesbrough).
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=42086&season_id=145 2015/2016

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=42086&season_id=149 2016/2017

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Thoughts?

If the BFG can't get beyond 13 games unbeaten we'd best get rid straightaway! Tomori in!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Nothing negative here. Just debate. I remember us having an amazing record with him playing last season. But I don't necessarily remember him being that great and physically not quite big enough.

I pray he does an amazing job

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He started 14 matches last season and we only lost once (as mentioned above against Middlesbrough).

Excellent. I liked Uwe when he came in, but he seemed to lose his way. If he plays, he will need a run of games (as would anyone coming in off the bench).

My biggest fear remains the left sided player playing on the right, though he has Bruno next to him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nothing negative here. Just debate. I remember us having an amazing record with him playing last season. But I don't necessarily remember him being that great and physically not quite big enough.

I pray he does an amazing job

UH or BFG will do the job.
I'll bet he'll need chomping on the bit to perform, he's been waiting patiently, like all squad members :thumbsup:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Excellent. I liked Uwe when he came in, but he seemed to lose his way. If he plays, he will need a run of games (as would anyone coming in off the bench).

My biggest fear remains the left sided player playing on the right, though he has Bruno next to him.

He didn't lose his way, he got injured (& was first choice at the time'

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He didn't lose his way, he got injured (& was first choice at the time'

Certainly did, when he came back looked half the player, also post Bolton when he was fouled on their equaliser - just seemed to knock the stuffing out of him a bit.

Wasn't he left out after that in favour of Dunk?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear Mr Negatives thread isn't going well

I think it was a fair question given the fact that Duffy appears to be crocked. From what I have seen of BFG he is not that good in the air or shouldn't I be saying that? Duffy is immense in the air, we are likely to miss that.

Does anyone think he looked anywhere near as good as Duffy in the games he has played this season. Yes, he should improve with game time but we can't afford too many games for him to get up to speed.

I hope he slots straight in and we don't even notice Duffy is out but he'll have to get going quickly, we can't afford to be weak in central defence. I too wonder if we shouldn't go with Tomori who impressed me second half against Newcastle, if CB is his best position. He won some good aerial duels second half.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think it was a fair question given the fact that Duffy appears to be crocked. From what I have seen of BFG he is not that good in the air or shouldn't I be saying that? Duffy is immense in the air, we are likely to miss that.

Does anyone think he looked anywhere near as good as Duffy in the games he has played this season. Yes, he should improve with game time but we can't afford too many games for him to get up to speed.

I hope he slots straight in and we don't even notice Duffy is out but he'll have to get going quickly, we can't afford to be weak in central defence.

Trouble is Duffy is immense and whoever we bring in will need games, and will still not be as good as an international CB.

We are, where we are and just need to move forward.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I hope he slots straight in and we don't even notice Duffy is out but he'll have to get going quickly, we can't afford to be weak in central defence.
You're comparing the fourth choice centre back with half of the very best centre back partnership in this league.
A partnership which would also interest a fair few teams from the league above.

When Uwe arrived he looked plenty good enough.
In 2 or 3 games time, he'll look like that again.

Invicta

Nov 1, 2013
Kent
There can't be a better team t0 come in against ? they are not exactly prolific.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thinks a little iffy and then an able German comes along, puts things back on track and leads you to a prosperous future. It's like Greece all over again. We're going up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here