Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're On Our Way...

I love the enthusiasm of this post. But lets face it, we are Brighton, and we never make it easy on ourselves. I think we will do it, but i think we'll be made to wait till the last game, just to keep the bed wetting going. There is just as much pressure on the teams around us, as there is on us.

I know one thing, I'd rather be in second looking down, than third or fourth looking up! Keep the faith!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How we get there I don't care.......

I'm sure Tony thinks this way, but as a supporter it would be a bit of an anti-climax if, say, Huddersfield screw up and we play awful and limp over the line. That squad put so much effort in over the last 2 seasons, I'd hate to have it said we had to rely on other teams and simply got lucky.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We are, aren't we?

The problem is, as we sing, "How do we get there? I don't know."

If we had been provided with an itinerary before the journey started, and that had indicated that we'd need to take in a gut-wrenching loss on a Tuesday night, followed by a rather calamitous 3-0 defeat away at strugglers a few days later, then we'd be OK with that.

We'd be OK because we'd look at the itinerary and allow our eyes to move down to the end, where it showed that Brighton & Hove Albion were taking a place in the Premier League for the 2017-18 season.

We love football because no such itinerary exists. We sometimes win when we least expect it, and lose when we think we only need to turn up.

We're on our way. To the Premier League.
It hinges almost certainly on us getting a result at an improving Villa.... and as we know.... with a very few notable exceptions, we fail miserably at season defining crunch games....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sure Tony thinks this way, but as a supporter it would be a bit of an anti-climax if, say, Huddersfield screw up and we play awful and limp over the line. That squad put so much effort in over the last 2 seasons, I'd hate to have it said we had to rely on other teams and simply got lucky.
Haha probably

More bizarrely, the notification of you quoting my post was the first thing that popped up on my phone after I switched it on......after landing in Mexico

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I wouldn't. Bollocks to that. If we finish top two on goal difference, because Leeds and Huddersfield lose every one of their last five matches, we'll still DESERVE it. Its a 46 game season and they all count equally.

If Huddersfield finish second by a point, will any of their fans 'hate it' that we dropped points through bad luck? Will they ****.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah, that would just be awful, I doubt we'd even celebrate, embarrassed at luck...:mad:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Time to stop singing this as clearly it's goner be a 50/50 chance:glare:

More reason to sing it, give the players the confidence that we believe they'll do it (even if secretly we don't...). Who gives a shit how it makes us look at the end if they don't. Last thing we need is a tightening of our back passages with anxiety washing down the terraces onto the pitch. LETS MAN UP!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think someone needs to factor in a line about needing to give Shane Duffy a piggy back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
66 not 50. It's any two from three. As if singing a song is going to make any difference. I can't believe how many superstitious fans we have.

It's not about superstition, it's about looking more than a bit stupid when it goes wrong.

I have no problem during the euphoria at the end of a game, but singing this and 'we are top of the league', mid game is ridiculous.

See Newcastle.

Last season 'Crystal Palace, we're coming for you'........... well apparently we weren't.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'd actually be more inclined to sing this now. 2 games ago I was pretty certain how we were going up. Now I really don't care if the goals go in off Hemed's backside or skim off of Bruno's beautiful beard, and I don't know how it will all play out without Duffy, but all I know is that this year is ours!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
It's not about superstition, it's about looking more than a bit stupid when it goes wrong.

I have no problem during the euphoria at the end of a game, but singing this and 'we are top of the league', mid game is ridiculous.

See Newcastle.

Last season 'Crystal Palace, we're coming for you'........... well apparently we weren't.....

This.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There shirly aren't any more Season defining games, what's left are all winnable. The Team just has to play their normal game from game to game and all will be right with the World of Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There shirly aren't any more Season defining games, what's left are all winnable. The Team just has to play their normal game from game to game and all will be right with the World of Albion.

You know it won't be that easy though, don't you ???

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

See Newcastle.

Sounds like you suggest we should only sing when we're winning.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

See Newcastle.

Don't agree, Think it gives the players confidence that can make a difference if we're all singing loudly about going up. Last season Burnley were definitely singing "going up" type songs down here, Boro were at their place even though they were a possible toe-poke away from not doing so and Wednesday gave it "we're on our way" in the playoff semi even though ultimately they weren't.

I was quite despondent at the weekend, even more so now we've had the Duffy news confirmed. But that's not going to stop me going on Friday with a big grin, loud voice and positive vocal outlook, because that's exactly what the players need.

Who cares if it gives the likes of Palace some bantz points at the end of the season. They've been soiling their sheets since November.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here