Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Objective Analysis Of Football Chants

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm gonna go ahead and suggest it possibly was not intended to be geographically accurate on inception.
Quite probably true, but that brings us to the question of what it WAS intended to be?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I went to Istanbul, never saw Norman Gall.

Swimming in Black Rock pool, Norman wasn't there.

Sitting on the Isle of Wight ferry, where was he?

Popped into Tescos, no sign of him :shrug:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I live surrounded by northern folk. Most of whom are quite clean, and were generally born to parents who were married at the time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If the ball really did hit the net like a f--king rocket, that would presume a speed of 17,600mph which would almost certainly break the net. Even Bobby Zamora's most vicious strikes never managed this, notching an estimated 100 mph on impact.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
In the long history of football, many many players have shot and scored. A miniscule fraction of these were called Peter Ward.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Never felt more like singing the blues.....surely you sing the blues when your woman has left you or the dog has died, not on a joyous occasion like when we win and palace lose......makes no sense to me that one.

It makes sense for teams who are known as "the blues", such as Chelsea, whom I suspect we borrowed it from.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Those floating balls of air continously being ejected must mean a serious health problem - better see a doctor Hammers fans.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I suspect that when we win promotion I will pass out from too many beers before day break and be unable to be still singing about the lack of a hat on our keeper.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
i once saw a woman wheeling her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow chanting Brighton but don't think it was Molly.

And when we started singing this, Brighton was not even a 'fair city' - only a town. This would have led to a difficulty in scanning, and the rhyming would have taken us in a totally different direction.
Also nowadays there is no town to have a knees-up in.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
We know who the man from Argentina is.
He does not score a goal a game.
We did not stop mentioning Murray.
However, most of us do adore him.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I'm fairly sure Palace players have never disguised themselves in another team's kit and played a game against us.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
On the other hand, pointing at the seagulls that fly around the Amex mid-match and chanting 'Seagull, seagull' is factually correct and possibly even informative to some people

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think that at least one fan supporting the opposing club did not in fact smell. But possibly only one.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Mr Rougvie was quite an aggressive chap on the pitch but I'm not entirely sure he actually is evil.

Mr Crumplin was a competent lower league footballer but probably doesn't have a Mensa level IQ or massive knowledge of Association Football.

Tonight I witnessed John Barnes say the words "Jonny Crumplin football genius"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Those floating balls of air continously being ejected must mean a serious health problem - better see a doctor Hammers fans.

Bubbles was Michael Jackson's pet monkey, so perhaps only he could legitimately claim the words of the song were accurate, although 'forever' is probably exaggerating a bit - he would have needed time to fit in various sessions of plastic surgery and stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here