Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The beginning of the end.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There are way too many ppl on here getting right on the backs as soon as they state their opinion. We have f**ked up 3 promotion chances since being back in the championship and every one of those seasons has existed a little group of post snipers ready to take out anyone that dare doubt our credentials when in fact it turns out they were right, even if the way they put the point across was not too good.

This is a forum of opinions but as soon as anyone posts anything away from the glitter ball of absolute praise, a lot of you all jump on someone like a pride of lions.

The fact is, we have gotten away with more than our fair share of results this season and tonight could well be our season changer, it may not be but f**k anyone that doesn't have a "Disney world" view of our season eh!

Tonight was absolute sh*te, on balance I still think we will still go up automatically but it is not too far from reality that we could drop into the play offs by the end of the season and then it's back to the lottery. We ain't 15 points clear of 3rd and we certainly ain't entitled to 1st or 2nd based on ANY previous season stats thus far

And you can **** off too.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No one is entitled to anything. We lost (were battered) tonight but we still have 60 points at better than 2 pts a game. Fortunately WE aren't playing the games because based on the reaction tonight we've got zero Bottle

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There are way too many ppl on here getting right on the backs as soon as they state their opinion. We have f**ked up 3 promotion chances since being back in the championship and every one of those seasons has existed a little group of post snipers ready to take out anyone that dare doubt our credentials when in fact it turns out they were right, even if the way they put the point across was not too good.
The OP has wet the bed. Maybe he's just drunk and angry and he chose to post shit instead of hitting his bird (I'm glad he chose to post), but make no mistake, his post is poor and inaccurate. He says "I think we can hope for play-offs at best". That is pretty daft on the back of just one bad performance, when we're still top of the league.

And we played well last season and were unlucky to miss out. Of course any idiot suggesting we were shit last season will get shot down.

This is a forum of opinions but as soon as anyone posts anything away from the glitter ball of absolute praise, a lot of you all jump on someone like a pride of lions.
That's clearly not what has happened here. There are many other posts tonight saying how disappointed we all are with the performance.

on balance I still think we will still go up automatically but it is not too far from reality that we could drop into the play offs by the end of the season
So you also disagree with the OP's BS about making the playoffs at best.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have a strong feeling this is the beginning of the end for us this season. We've been poor for a long time, no investment during the transfer window and 2 capitulations in 2 games.

I think we can hope for play-offs at best and we all know how that's likely to go.

Followed by a mass exodus of players who have stayed only for one last crack at promotion.

We're not playing well and haven't dominated any team for a good while now. That much is true. My natural pessimism created after years of following this club tells me if anyone's capable of f ucking it up, we are. And I don't mean just throwing it away like normal clubs I mean setting a new record for f ucking up from this position etc, you know something spectacular like. We are after all like some long lost heir returning to claim our rightful place as England's largest under achieving club.

Cometh the hour, cometh the cock up. It's just the way it is...something's 'll never change!

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
Chin up lads n lasses . A promotion push is a Marathon not a Sprint . If it was easy meant to be easy it wouldn't feel as good as it will when u reach the promised land in May !

Still expect to see you there next year , good luck guys from a burnley fan ! ��

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The OP has wet the bed. Maybe he's just drunk and angry and he chose to post shit instead of hitting his bird (I'm glad he chose to post), but make no mistake, his post is poor and inaccurate. He says "I think we can hope for play-offs at best". That is pretty daft on the back of just one bad performance, when we're still top of the league.

And we played well last season and were unlucky to miss out. Of course any idiot suggesting we were shit last season will get shot down.

That's clearly not what has happened here. There are many other posts tonight saying how disappointed we all are with the performance.

So you also disagree with the OP's BS about making the playoffs at best.

My point is about that is his opinion. I don't agree with most of it. However, I remember I got slated last season for suggesting a few poor results would cost us and turned out I was right.

Too many ppl get on their high horse when ppl suggest ANYTHING other than full praise for our team. Paul Barber nailed it when he said about being top now means nothing if we are not there at the end of the season (very rough quote granted)

So albeit the OP didn't put his point across well at all but the reality is, we ain't achieved nothing yet and all I see on here and on Twitter is fairyland way before anything has been won.

We were owned tonight, if I was an opposing manager playing us next it seems that all it takes is to get our faces

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I have a strong feeling this is the beginning of the end for us this season. We've been poor for a long time, no investment during the transfer window and 2 capitulations in 2 games.

I think we can hope for play-offs at best and we all know how that's likely to go.

Followed by a mass exodus of players who have stayed only for one last crack at promotion.

Are you for real ?

We are top of the league with a game in hand on Reading who occupy 3rd spot.
We've had a bad day at the office and we are going to have a few more between now and the end of the season.
Think positive.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Top of the table so definitely time to hit the panic button.

I don't want to make light of tonight. I'm obviously concerned and the sudden leaking of goals is alarming. However, it would be remarkable if we maintained our rampant form throughout the entire season and there was always likely to be some sort of dip in form. Just how severe that dip is will define if we do a bit of a 'Boro, as in last season, or a calamitous Derby from a few years back.

We have fought hard to build up a bit of a cushion and allow ourselves some breathing space. It's a shame that we have Brentford next, as it feels as though we never get a thing out of them. We need to get back to The Amex and rebuilding some confidence as soon as possible.

Hughton has done wonderful things for our club. I'm not about to throw him under the bus for a bad night at the office. I trust him to steady the ship.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Top of the table so definitely time to hit the panic button.

I don't want to make light of tonight. I'm obviously concerned and the sudden leaking of goals is alarming. However, it would be remarkable if we maintained our rampant form throughout the entire season and there was always likely to be some sort of dip in form. Just how severe that dip is will define if we do a bit of a 'Boro, as in last season, or a calamitous Derby from a few years back.

We have fought hard to build up a bit of a cushion and allow ourselves some breathing space. It's a shame that we have Brentford next, as it feels as though we never get a thing out of them. We need to get back to The Amex and rebuilding some confidence as soon as possible.

Hughton has done wonderful things for our club. I'm not about to throw him under the bus for a bad night at the office. I trust him to steady the ship.

I agree I really do. It just seems that anyone dare suggest anything else needs shooting down in flames. We have not done the job yet but I agree that it would take something really worrying for the form really dip now until the end of the season

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

The fact is, we have gotten away with more than our fair share of results this season and tonight could well be our season changer, it may not be but f**k anyone that doesn't have a "Disney world" view of our season eh!

Tonight was absolute sh*te, on balance I still think we will still go up automatically but it is not too far from reality that we could drop into the play offs by the end of the season and then it's back to the lottery. We ain't 15 points clear of 3rd and we certainly ain't entitled to 1st or 2nd based on ANY previous season stats thus far

Fair bit of truth in that I have to admit. It's almost how you tell the difference between fans who really have followed us threw thin and thin and those who are new or as good as, having only turned up in 2005 and 1991 since 1983 despite being a regular at the Amex. I don't begrudge them following the club now, (where were you when we were shit...? Ow, shopping, ok...) but they have, crucially, missed so much dross they really don't know just how capable we are of f ucking it up. It's not pessimism, it's not arrogance, it's not uberism. It's just experience. And therefore after nights like tonight, no JCL, glory hunting, AWOL (war years), cup final only ticket grabbing fellow 'fan' is going to tell me that this club can't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Because we can. And have. So take your optimistic complacency and do one!

Christ I hate the hope. Give me despair anyday...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's not the end. It's not even the beginning of the end. But it is the end of the beginning.

It will be tough going from now, but we've got enough to do it. It'll just be a close run thing.

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
Before I say this it is NOT meant as a troll just an observation ....
It would appear that your side may have a 'soft underbelly' as highlighted by Keanes last minute equaliser for us last year and tonight's result when the pressure is on to get a result. Is this a concern? Whilst you had far more flair than us last year (which worried me and other clarets? Ultimately grit saw us through, I just wondered if it was a bit of a niggle?
Like I said not trolling just a view, u have more than enough to win the league which I expect u to do . It could be something that's a deadly flaw next year in the premier league next year tho when points are harder to come by. Good luck guys! :)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Fair bit of truth in that I have to admit. It's almost how you tell the difference between fans who really have followed us threw thin and thin and those who are new or as good as, having only turned up in 2005 and 1991 since 1983 despite being a regular at the Amex. I don't begrudge them following the club now, (where were you when we were shit...? Ow, shopping, ok...) but they have, crucially, missed so much dross they really don't know just how capable we are of f ucking it up. It's not pessimism, it's not arrogance, it's not uberism. It's just experience. And therefore after nights like tonight, no JCL, glory hunting, AWOL (war years), cup final only ticket grabbing fellow 'fan' is going to tell me that this club can't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Because we can. And have. So take your optimistic complacency and do one!

Christ I hate the hope. Give me despair anyday...

It's a fair cop in that sense but this forum is so one way sometimes. I have seen it all over the years and in general I am an optimist but it's being so close to glory that hurts the most.

You can't have a discussion forum with a differing opinion but it seems someone with "an opinion" other than all for one, one for all is deemed a pr*ck.

I want us to succeed so much like us all but I ain't gonna gloss over expectation against reality

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It would appear that your side may have a 'soft underbelly' as highlighted by Keanes last minute equaliser for us last year and tonight's result when the pressure is on to get a result. Is this a concern? Whilst you had far more flair than us last year (which worried me and other clarets? Ultimately grit saw us through, I just wondered if it was a bit of a niggle?
Like I said not trolling just a view, u have more than enough to win the league which I expect u to do . It could be something that's a deadly flaw next year in the premier league next year tho when points are harder to come by. Good luck guys! :)

Not sure I agree. I think half the problem tonight was the LACK of pressure to get a result. We've grabbed wins where we didn't really deserve them this year several times already (games we wouldn't have won last season).

We were going to be top of the league tonight whatever happened. Bit of complacency perhaps. Hughton will be utterly furious. I can see him almost frowning, and sternly looking at some teacups (not throwing them though, he's not head-mental yet). We started very badly (Bruno's madness) which set the tone along with Hudds, to be fair, excellent high-tempo game. We were also missing our best midfielder - and got over-run in midfield.

Big game Sunday to see how we react.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Jesus 'on a bike' ' H' 'Christ' shagging WEPT.

I guess you live in a universe full of TOOLS ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Tonight wasn't a soft underbelly example, we didn't put out a midfield! But yes, that's definitely true of nearly all our promotions as well as near misses. This season has actually bucked that trend, for first time in living memory we have ground out many results. Too many, that's becoming apparent, strange as that might sound. Eventually you get caught out and it's been a very long time since we spanked someone convincingly. Or even dominated a game. Which makes me nervous. Because that's not the form of champions or even runners up. And we don't want anything but these given our woeful PO history.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

bigstock-Bed-Wetting-.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sphincter says what ?

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
If the lack of pressure was an issue then it shows how much u miss Stephens (said with green eyes lol) a top midfielder in any side at OUR level ( Ur side is equal to ours) . He clearly makes u tick as Marney does for us. What's happened to knockhart ? I thought he went awol tonight in particular and should be getting a real kicking from management for that performance when he's capable of winning a game on its own in the championship .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here