North = 1
Shelf = 3
WSL = 2
South = 0
WSU = 1
ESL = 60
ESU = 0

34 also in 1901 area of ESL.

Away tickets are still showing as available on Newcastle's website.

If the club wanted to squeeze the segregation zone I reckon they could release a few more in E1H. They have been sticking to 5 columns and could therefore release up to 5 columns here as the stand widens at the top. Also I never saw the 'upper tier' 30 odd seats in S1F for sale.

And maybe a tiny change Newcastle won't sell out and we get some back from them.....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Agreed. Odd.

Not odd, damned stupid, could be an own goal. As efficient as PB and his cohorts are, they really do not get rivalry/atmosphere/noise considerations do they? I would rather hold back 700 from the Geordie's, sell 400 to home fans, and have 300 empty seats than give them the opportunity to outsing us (away & northern) even more than they already will unless we are winning. :facepalm:

Not odd, damned stupid, could be an own goal. As efficient as PB and his cohorts are, they really do not get rivalry/atmosphere/noise considerations do they? I would rather hold back 700 from the Geordie's, sell 400 to home fans, and have 300 empty seats than give them the opportunity to outsing us (away & northern) even more than they already will unless we are winning. :facepalm:

The club seem to have always (correctly IMO) set it up so that we have the maximum bums on seats and if demand is there, more for home fans, as long as we stick within the rules.

This game is on the telly, on our most poorly attended day (Tuesday Night) and is only on sale to those with a purchase history.

We have never come close to selling our a similar fixture apart from Liverpool in the cup. Even the Palace, Derby and Wednesday play off semis did not sell out, so maybe the club have been a bit surprised by the demand from home fans.

No evidence to suggest that Newcastle have sold out their end yet, so maybe we could have a few back?

But, as soon as the season ticket exchange goes live there should be plenty. There will likely be 2000+ no shows from season ticket holders, so as long as the exchange works, is activated in good time and is properly communicated, then we should see hundreds more tickets become available. Certainly more than enough to satisfy demand.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's a top of the table clash so should have easily expected this demand, irrespective of when played.

Handing them 2700 off the bat is probably a decision we are regretting.

It's a top of the table clash so should have easily expected this demand, irrespective of when played.

Should we have really expected more demand than a play off semi? I would have suggested similar or slightly less.

Why the regret, there will be 100's of empties in the home end, as there won't be the demand to suck up all those tickets released to the season ticket exchange IF its activated and managed properly.

Plus, its good practice if we get promoted. If they wanted them ,next year we would have to have given them 3000

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Who's we?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Anybody associated with the club. Would it be more advantageous to have 700 more toon or 700 more albion?

Tough one.

I'd hazard a guess that the club's perspective & priorities may not be the same as a handful of fans fretting about the balance of the home to away allocation.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Few more been added in the ESL but most others sold out

North = 1
Shelf = 3
WSL = 2
South = 0
WSU = 1
ESL = 60
ESU = 0

34 also in 1901 area of ESL.

Away tickets are still showing as available on Newcastle's website.

If the club wanted to squeeze the segregation zone I reckon they could release a few more in E1H. They have been sticking to 5 columns and could therefore release up to 5 columns here as the stand widens at the top. Also I never saw the 'upper tier' 30 odd seats in S1F for sale.

And maybe a tiny change Newcastle won't sell out and we get some back from them.....

ESU rules - another sell out !!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Love these threads

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Indeed. Just like we stuck to announcing away attendance during the match after the Villa game. Other priorities.

Isn't it so easy to sit on the very periphery and snipe at the odd anomaly, particularly when you can only possibly grasp a partial picture and possess little imagination, limited perspective, and are pushing a specific agenda. Oh, of course, as you say, other priorities.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Isn't it so easy to sit on the very periphery and snipe at the odd anomaly, particularly when you can only possibly grasp a partial picture and possess little imagination, limited perspective, and are pushing a specific agenda. Oh, of course, as you say, other priorities.

You're as mad as a box of frogs.

I simply said handing them the 2700 off the bat, instead of 2000 and then a further 700 depending on ticket demand, would probably have been seen as an error in judgement. It happens, mistakes happen.

Your response to this is to suggest i'm somehow overly critical and that the club have other priorities. I would say limiting potential impact from a boisterous crowd without any detrimental financial implications would be very much something the club would see as a priority, since you know, results on the pitch kind of matter. A bit like how we moved our announcement of the home and away attenance to the very end of the game.

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
So when does the season ticket exchange open up? My son and I can't get down for a midweek game, so I need to try and use the exchange process. I've never successfully managed it before....

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
So when does the season ticket exchange open up? My son and I can't get down for a midweek game, so I need to try and use the exchange process. I've never successfully managed it before....

usually once the game has officially sold out, but as others have said, its a bit of a clunky process.As I understand it, you offer your seats via an on line form, and IF someone buys them you then get a voucher valid in the shop.

My guess is today, unless the club find other seats to release. Why oh why those who cant go aren't invited to offer their ticket prior to a sell out is beyond me. It dont mean the club have to offer it for sale right away

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You're as mad as a box of frogs.

I simply said handing them the 2700 off the bat, instead of 2000 and then a further 700 depending on ticket demand, would probably have been seen as an error in judgement. It happens, mistakes happen.

Your response to this is to suggest i'm somehow overly critical and that the club have other priorities. I would say limiting potential impact from a boisterous crowd without any detrimental financial implications would be very much something the club would see as a priority, since you know, results on the pitch kind of matter. A bit like how we moved our announcement of the home and away attenance to the very end of the game.

Thank you for your frogs idiom; I think you're a bit slow on the uptake so let's try to keep this simple.

I'm suggesting that the club has a large range of priorities to consider and balance, most of which you're not aware. One of many will be the impact of away support. You're naively suggesting they simply have "other" priorities. You have no clue as to the total number of factors the club weigh up before deciding an away allocation. Consequently your view is at best biased towards your own parochial and limited perspective, at worst (and more realistically) pants.

Your suggestion that an additional 700 away fans will affect the result is simply fanciful. Have we ever beaten a team with a large away following? Of course we have. Have we ever lost to an away side who brought paltry support? We have. Have we ever beaten a team when our home support has been poor? We have. Assuming we could sell the 700 seats, would those additional home fans add to the atmosphere? In our favour? Sufficient to affect the outcome? Have we lost more away games played in front of large home crowds? Have we won more games away against poorly supported teams? Do all our away victories correlate with our largest travelling support? Do we always lose away when we have less travelling fans?

You repeat your linking of the decision to move the away attendance announcement as some kind of justification for your stance. It's a completely separate issue. It comes across as either a feeble attempt to shore up a weak argument or that you have an ulterior agenda of sniping at the club. Do you have any other tenuous accusations to support your case or must it remain wobbling on it's own precarious merits?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Thank you for your frogs idiom; I think you're a bit slow on the uptake so let's try to keep this simple.

I'm suggesting that the club has a large range of priorities to consider and balance, most of which you're not aware. One of many will be the impact of away support. You're naively suggesting they simply have "other" priorities. You have no clue as to the total number of factors the club weigh up before deciding an away allocation. Consequently your view is at best biased towards your own parochial and limited perspective, at worst (and more realistically) pants.

Your suggestion that an additional 700 away fans will affect the result is simply fanciful. Have we ever beaten a team with a large away following? Of course we have. Have we ever lost to an away side who brought paltry support? We have. Have we ever beaten a team when our home support has been poor? We have. Assuming we could sell the 700 seats, would those additional home fans add to the atmosphere? In our favour? Sufficient to affect the outcome? Have we lost more away games played in front of large home crowds? Have we won more games away against poorly supported teams? Do all our away victories correlate with our largest travelling support? Do we always lose away when we have less travelling fans?

You repeat your linking of the decision to move the away attendance announcement as some kind of justification for your stance. It's a completely separate issue. It comes across as either a feeble attempt to shore up a weak argument or that you have an ulterior agenda of sniping at the club. Do you have any other tenuous accusations to support your case or must it remain wobbling on it's own precarious merits?

This is you keeping it simple? Let me guess, you accuse quite a few people of being 'slow on the uptake'?

You've submitted a further load of waffle with no substance to augment your accusation that i'm somehow overly critical, and to in effect say 'The club has lots of decisions to make, we don't know them all and therefore looking from the outside in, we cannot comment'.

The example of moving the attendance announcement does translate well, having first mentioned it in response to your condescending remark about the club having 'other priorities' over and above something as negligible as crowd impact. This example is clearly indicative of the club being very much aware of crowd impact and have made decisions based on the premise alone.

You'd think I was carrying a torch and pitchfork or something, I wasn't even criticising, more suggesting it might be something we come to regret. Of course, we could beat or draw with Newcastle, but by the same token they could beat us and that may prompt questions as to why a maximum away allocation was given in a game that was a home sell out nearly 3 weeks before the event, especially considering we have not always done so in the past.

I would suggest, as a previous poster commented, the timing of the match (weekday evening) and the subsequent rearrangement caused us to underestimate the home demand for tickets. From information i've received today, I already feel quite vindicated on this point, so i'll leave you to your contrived crusade that nobody outside of the club can possibly pass comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here