Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this midweek

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon a win tomoorow takes Huddersfield out of the automatic promotion race, they then have a big local derby against Leeds sunday lunchtime and we have a tricky game at Brentford. Newcastle didin't look that clever tonight particuarly at the back, Shelvey has quality, but if Dean was reffing he'd have been off.

If we were to win tomo - and it's a big, big IF, we'd def want Hudds to turn Leeds over. We shall see :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm a bit gutted TBH. If Leeda had dropped points it would have been huge. Still, it's good Newcastle dropped 2 at home.

Have to expect Leeds to beat Blackburn, I saw any points dropped tonight as a bonus.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Something I notice a fair bit on #NUFC on Twatter is how much they loathe the refs in this league. Somebody should tell them their ref tonight hails from West Sussex.

They seem fine with them turning the other way when Shelvey kicks people EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I know we're getting worried that Leeds and Reading appear to be catching us up, but if you look at the points totals for the last 10 games we are - in fact - pulling away:

BHA 25 pts
Leeds 22 pts
Reading 21 pts

NB: Newcastle 19 pts

Obviously what's getting us worried is the fact that Leeds and Reading have played two more games than us over the past 8 weeks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is going a bit like last season except now it's the top six that relentlessly keep picking up points not the top three. It can't carry on surely? Big advantage we have this year is that we have points in the bag and are not chasing. I just know we are not going to do this the easy way though :smile:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I think Reading are a threat with the new signings they have added. Leeds were very lucky tonight, Blackburn should of at least got a point

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I know we're getting worried that Leeds and Reading appear to be catching us up, but if you look at the points totals for the last 10 games we are - in fact - pulling away:

BHA 25 pts
Leeds 22 pts
Reading 21 pts

NB: Newcastle 19 pts

Obviously what's getting us worried is the fact that Leeds and Reading have played two more games than us over the past 8 weeks.

I know some are getting worried but I'm not. Win tomorrow and we're then 4pts clear of 2nd - fantastic position!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Another interesting fact (!) - if you look at Newcastle's last 10 games, they only played one team in the top 10 (Sheff Weds) - whereas our last 10 games included FOUR teams in the top 10 (plus Preston who are 11th)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have to expect Leeds to beat Blackburn, I saw any points dropped tonight as a bonus.

Pleased they played Barnsley before the clear out. We have taken three more points than them in last 10, so don't lets get too worried yet.

I needed those pick me up comments :thumbsup:

It's just more the fact it was 89 mins & another set piece with their 2nd shot on target that annoyed me!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not too bad tonight,but wish Kaz could have scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here