Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day - Is there a Surprise in Store?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Marshall would be a decent shout what with our right back issues... although if Bong was fit i think Poc could cover right back also.

and id still love us to try and get Judge in even though he isnt fit yet...

Both would be bargains for me.

Although Wolves seem to be spending a fortune

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Andy Naylor
‏@AndyNaylorArgus

Following
More
Rohan Ince's move to Swindon will be completed soon. He's there finalising paperwork. That, I am told, will be close of business. #bhafc

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where is Bryan Swanson today?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm sure it's deeply uncool to say so, but I'm thoroughly enjoying following Sky's coverage today.

I've got it on in the background whilst working on another machine, first time I've been able to do that.

They keep the tickers going whilst they go to adverts, which helps. And because I'm a self-confessed geek, I like all the news about loan moves, rumours etc. even if the Albion are doing little business today.

It's a lot better than working outside on a foul day!

My only fear is talking in Sky-cliche when the missus comes home from work:

"Let's go straight to the choices for tonight's dinner, dear, as I need to get things moving before the 8pm deadline"
"TV listings sources tell me that there is a straight choice between Corrie and Emmerdale for that final slot in the line-up"
etc. etc.

PG

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It's easy to be right when this is how it works:

Andy emails Paul Barber to ask.

Paul Barber emails back with an answer.

Andy publishes "from an impeccable source".

Super sleuthing done.

And that seems quite straightforward...unless PB isn't actually PB, but is in fact Pinnochio in a suit! 😉

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The evidence in Tomoris case being one FA cup appearance. You cant really base an opinion on that.

My view is not based on that it is based on the fact that CH said he signed him AS COVER so that Hunt could go out on loan to get some games that would suggest that at no time did they consider that Tomori would be first choice and was only possibly 3rd or 4th choice. taking over from Hunt. With the extended injury to LR that makes a competant replacement more necessary. As I have said both Goldson and Tomori can cover Bruno but how long is he expectyed to be out for and if it is more than this week we need to bring in another experienced right back. It was obvious against Cardiff that Goldson is not the answer as he was ok defending, his prime job, but was left wanting when AK got the ball and was looking for the runner to give to as per Bruno and CG was not there, this hindered AK and his game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good plan. I wonder just how many inward enquiries we've had.....would be fascinating to know how far TB was pushed with offers for our crown jewels.........

Yeah, no wonder we hadn't heard anymore about Burnley's interest in Stephens, Palarse for Dunk, and Newcastle for Knocky, the phones have been switched off all month.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My view is not based on that it is based on the fact that CH said he signed him AS COVER so that Hunt could go out on loan to get some games that would suggest that at no time did they consider that Tomori would be first choice and was only possibly 3rd or 4th choice. taking over from Hunt. With the extended injury to LR that makes a competant replacement more necessary. As I have said both Goldson and Tomori can cover Bruno but how long is he expectyed to be out for and if it is more than this week we need to bring in another experienced right back. It was obvious against Cardiff that Goldson is not the answer as he was ok defending, his prime job, but was left wanting when AK got the ball and was looking for the runner to give to as per Bruno and CG was not there, this hindered AK and his game.

I think Poc could also cover right back if Bruno got injured. Not ideal again but until Rosenior is fit its another decent option as cover for Bruno

I would rather Poc than Goldson or Tomori did it if required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here