Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day - Is there a Surprise in Store?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I doubt there will be much business if any but it's not hard to work that out as it is Brighton after all.

He isn't in the know but thinks he is. He announces most of his information hours after other sources.

As you are defending him, please enlighten me with the last thing that Naylor got right and wasn't revealed by other sources first

He has dismissed an awful lot of information that has appeared in these other sources in this transfer window, as a quick glance at his Twitter account will indicate (I'd advise you avoid The Argus website, as that might take some time).
And at least one mod on here will be able to confirm that I can be, and have been, quite critical of Naylor.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lua Lua out, Hunt out, Manu out, Ince out (JFC out but he was on loan anyway)

Tomori in, Akpom in

Kayal back, March back

Rosenior injury ongoing, Maenpaa fitness uncertain, Bruno fitness uncertain, Baldock fitness uncertain

Is that a zero-sum equation or are we a little lighter than before?
Bong fitness uncertain...

Our 27 man squad reduced to 25 with Ince going on loan.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
He has dismissed an awful lot of information that has appeared in these other sources in this transfer window, as a quick glance at his Twitter account will indicate (I'd advise you avoid The Argus website, as that might take some time).
And at least one mod on here will be able to confirm that I can be, and have been, quite critical of Naylor.

Ok fair enough, so he denies speculation from non-reliable sources yet the more reliable sources i.e. Sky, released the Akpom interest story and Naylor played it down by saying it was only interest. (That's how I read it, may be a misinterpretation)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Dismissing 99% of transfer rumours is easy. Anyone could do that as 99% are usually wrong or don't end up with us signing a player. It's 'insider info' on deals such as the Akpom one that Naylor does not have (until he has emailed Paul that is).

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not so, as I pointed out on the evidence shown so far neither him nor Goldson are good enough for first choice but would provide good back up. Just hope Bruno is fit for Huddersfield and stays fit for the rest of the season. I do not think that it was or is in CH plans to play Tomori too often as he sent Hunt out to get games and not sit on the bench and replaced him with Tomori.

The evidence in Tomoris case being one FA cup appearance. You cant really base an opinion on that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As you are defending him, please enlighten me with the last thing that Naylor got right and wasn't revealed by other sources first
Go on then, give us the list of what he does get wrong.
I see you've already been asked to list what he's got right (as in, transfer scoops, rather than nonsense denials). For mistakes, I'll start you off with his categorical denial of the Zamora deal, despite the fact that many people knew he wanted to join us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Johnny Cantor ‏@johnnycburger 3m3 minutes ago
More
Chuba Akpom confirmed as No 28 for #BHAFC. Chance to speak to him today. Possible news on Murray, Ince (Swindon) Towell & Gk as well.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do not think that it was or is in CH plans to play Tomori too often as he sent Hunt out to get games and not sit on the bench and replaced him with Tomori.
Maybe, but I don't suppose Chelsea wanted to loan us Tomori just so that he could sit on the bench here. Johnny said Tomori was having a good game up until his mistake, which rocked his confidence. He might end up more of a backup than was planned.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
[tweet]826355020329259008[/tweet]

Andy Naylor is no more itk than any other journalist. I imagine he emailed the club who gave him just enough info for a tweet but nothing more. Why would the club indicate any information that may effect their position of negotiation in a negative way.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Pleased with the business we have done so far, but it is incredible the amount of money the teams around us are prepared to pay for players in this window. Norwich, Villa, Derby, Wednesday, are all looking at big fees to get into the top 6. We just need to hold the nerve and keep winning.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Dismissing 99% of transfer rumours is easy. Anyone could do that as 99% are usually wrong or don't end up with us signing a player.

The football internet would be quite empty during transfer windows if that really was the case.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Maybe, but I don't suppose Chelsea wanted to loan us Tomori just so that he could sit on the bench here. Johnny said Tomori was having a good game up until his mistake, which rocked his confidence. He might end up more of a backup than was planned.
From the feed I was watching, in the first part of the match he seemed really decent and a definite asset to the team. As you note, the OG did seem to upset him yet the whole team seemed out of sorts and not playing the sort of football we are used to. Hopefully Tomori will settle quickly once playing alongside our normal sort of first team...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So is that it? Chuba Akpom on loan to end of season - Glenn Murray possibly signed on a permanent. Possibly cover for Niki Maenpaa if the injury is a serious one.

It's unusual to have our business completed before the final day so I'm wondering if there is a surprise signing in store whom we haven't forecast?

Couple of posters on argus comments section (first Akpom article this morning) suggesting club may be in for Blackburn right back Ben Marshall? Of course coukd be BS, were we not in for him before?

A quick Google and Coyle/Blackburn saying it's best if he leaves this January window as refusing to sign new contract and current expires in summer, but only links him to Wolves who have made bids, saying Blackburn holding out for 2 mill and Wolves wont be held to ransom for a player they can get for free in summer.

No doubt genuine right back cover is a problem and Bruno's on the final straight of his illustrious career. More baseless speculation? Or maybe something in it? Would seem to make sense, but then again this one of Silly seasons and BS rumours biggest days!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Couple of posters on argus comments section (first Akpom article this morning) suggesting club may be in for Blackburn right back Ben Marshall? Of course coukd be BS, were we not in for him before?

A quick Google and Coyle/Blackburn saying it's best if he leaves this January window as refusing to sign new contract and current expires in summer, but only links him to Wolves who have made bids, saying Blackburn holding out for 2 mill and Wolves wont be held to ransom for a player they can get for free in summer.

No doubt genuine right back cover is a problem and Bruno's on the final straight of his illustrious career. More baseless speculation? Or maybe something in it? Would seem to make sense, but then again this one of Silly seasons and BS rumours biggest days!
He was a right winger when we were last after him. Bet he is glad he stayed there now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here