Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray signs until June 2019

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Three million ??? Wtf . They should be grateful if we take him and his wages off their hands . That is nuts . We shouldn't sign him permanently at all, we only need him for this season to get us up . He's never a premier league striker at his age.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It seems strange business to me is he not on loan to us for the remainder of the season? 3 million for a 33yr old who couldn't get in the Bournemouth side just saying like!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against buying him, no doubt in my mind it is the right thing to do now, but it was a very short sighted decision back in the Poyet era.

The previous mistake of letting him leave is ancient history, and should not in any way be a factor when deciding if buying him NOW is worthwhile.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
People getting irate at the thought of £3mil? If we go up wait until you see the transfer fees then :laugh:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Can't believe people are querying £3m. Look at the market for goal scorers. Murray is a twenty plus a season scorer in the Championship. He's also scored a few in the Premier League. Still doing the business for us, if for any reason he can't still do it at Premier league level if we go up, there will be plenty of Championship clubs willing to pay for his services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
It seems strange business to me is he not on loan to us for the remainder of the season? 3 million for a 33yr old who couldn't get in the Bournemouth side just saying like!

We buy him now, otherwise Warnock or Holloway will come in and buy him; they have both raved about him recently - maybe even Brentford or Fulham ( or Reading). Brentford will have money left over from the impending sale of Hogan to West Ham. Eddie Howe will just be looking out for the best deal for Bournemouth. He is the second highest goal scorer after Gayle in the division.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If we paid a loan fee, £3m is a lot for someone whose 34 in 8 months time. If we did £3m 12 months ago, we would be in the premier league already.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I cannot believe any Albion fan who was around during the Withdean years can think that this is a bad move, I can't be arsed to go into why :shrug:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Yes, he's a brilliant Championship forward, but will he be much use to us after this season if we get promoted? Hell, I suppose we could always sell him for £12M to Villa or Derby in the summer. And if we do choke and stay down, I guess we'll all be crazy happy that he's ours for next season. In Tony and Chris we trust. :albion2:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Murray: Old (ish), PL experience and scores for fun in this league: 3m
Rhodes: Younger, scores sometimes in this league and done naff all in PL so far: 8m+

I know where i'd prefer my money.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
he still ranks among the top dozen players for minutes per Premier League goal over the past three seasons
Great business IMO. At Bumfluff they don't play to his strengths. He wouldn't be your first striker (hopefully) but he'd be a very good player to come off the bench at a PL game should we make it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here