Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Surely being annoyed at being subbed shows a positive attitude towards wanting to play?

He is young and I would guess Houghton is a great man manager/motivator who will get something out of him if he can.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did not impress me at Hull, pegged him as one of these over-speculated young players that will never make it. Hope i'm wrong, for the next 3 months at least.

But he is cover for Baldock and is pacey, so fits well.

As I say, if we get up, I wouldn't imagine he'd be high on our shopping list. Hopefully someone like Cairney would though.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Pretty happy with this if it comes off

Not too worried about his goal scoring record bearing in mind that we want him to play the Baldock role. The few times I have seen him he has been a handful

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You are not allowed to say that as he only scored a few goals but the fact that those few goals earned Boro about 6 points is immaterial.

I can't deny he scored goals and games were won but he did not set the league alight, i don't know how many he missed as opposed to scored nor do I know what had happened if who ever he replaced would have scored. £12 million for him....no way.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
98a16558dc6cb10d6119b32e9395fa10.jpg

64 rated bronze.......got pace but we need better.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Last year Boro signed 5 players in this window one being Rhodes. Thy won promotion. Just showing the comparison.

And their points per game went from 2.04 pre 31.1.16 to 1.79 post 31.01.16 - they were lucky they accumulated enough points before the end of January 2016 before they added those 5

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We need to keep our team spirit it worth more than 5 £10 million players on high wages and get out clauses who are just mercenaries.
Yes we do need to buy and loan in sensible.
I trust in TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here