Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Make Barnsley our 5th round cup tie sell out

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'm not going to reply individually to all the people who've quoted my posts as I'll be here all night. Every year I have this argument and I never get anywhere. We might win at Huddersfield and lose at Barnsley or perhaps win at Brentford and lose at Huddersfield. As it's the League the smoke goes up the chimney just the same; the individual games don't matter nearly so much like they do in the Cup as it's the overall season-long aggregation of points over the 46, yes FORTY SIX games that counts . (It's amazing that some have even tried to twist these simple facts).

Anyway, that's me done for another year. Can't wait for next year's battle when staying in the Prem will be the important thing and people will be saying "for this season only we shouldn't bother with the Cup"

I agree with you completely

promotions & relegations come and go for most football clubs,with had god knows how many over the years

but FA Cup finals come along once in a lifetime,if your lucky

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
So let's say we won yesterday but got two straight red cards to Dunk and Knockaert. Would that be worth it because the cup game is 'more important' (we'd have to win less games in the cup to win a trophy than in the league)?

wonderful imagination

if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
wonderful imagination

if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle

I fail to see how it's not entirely plausible that one/two of our players could get injured or suspended for league games if we played more cup matches, given that one got injured yesterday...

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Less chatting and more Away ticket buying you moaning mugs!!

On the March to Barnsley!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Tempted. Only memory of Barnsley is miserable defeat with a Richard Tiltman (I think) consolation goal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'Only' 1600 to Barnlesy - if we took that many it would be hugely impressive. The 1200 to Preston was a surprisingly good attendance in my opinion...!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So what if we played a strong team and we ended up with several serious injuries to key 1st team players? Would you still think it would be the right decision, even if we lost Knocky, Dunk and Stockdale for the rest of the season?

This. Spot on.

The FA Cup started sliding downhill a long time ago. There isn't the kudos or the money in the FA Cup any more. Clubs in PL want to get into Europe. Clubs like Palace are just desperate to stay in the PL. Top of Championship clubs want to get promoted. The FA Cup we used to know and love has gone forever. Blame Sky? You can if you like.

To suggest that we should have played all our first team and risked injuries and suspensions is just plain daft. In fact, I was surprised we risked Murray given our reliance on him this season. Presumably we just don't have any decent strikers in the Reserves / U23s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here