Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well played Lincoln and thank you för making the FA Cup great agâin

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
This. Need a bit of balance here, methinks. On the negative side, didnt see match but listened on R5L and clear that Lincoln were more up for it in second half. We could perhaps have won it in first half. The 'don't care it's only Mickey cup' attitude ignores that a) the second team really should have been able to dispose of Lincoln; b) more important, it denies the 2nd team another outing and gaining experience.

Against that. It does mean the Barnsley game can go ahead as planned, which is good. Lincoln are already a game or two behind most of the others in NL and will have the flip side of progressing in Cup: a fixture backlog. They lost to Barrow last week, and only have a point lead at top (albeit with two games in hand). If we get auto, they get PO, will feel this is a result well worth having.

agree-i am going to take a lot of stick at work tommorow,living in Lincoln.....but i'll remember it when i'm on the train to Old Trafford next season,and the're on the way to Dover or Braintree

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm sure that it's been mentioned in this thread.....It's not as if they haven't got a league to focus on.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Played a reserve team, gave away a pen, an own goal and set up their striker for the 3rd. It's almost as if we weren't that interested in the cup.

Have to disagree with that. I thought we put out a pretty strong team and was confident of winning

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm gutted, I genuinely thought we fielded a decent side. Although the full backs are young, inexperienced lads; really Sidwell and Norwood failed to control the midfield.

However, being a resident of Lincoln for almost 4 years now, this is bloody good for the city which hasn't had much to scream about recently. The club doing well is restoring a bit of pride to the city and the extra cash from the FA cup will do the club wonders but the extra tourism to the city will also do wonders.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Lincoln official twitter account tweeted that Chris Hughton's comments about our own mistakes costing us the tie were sour grapes. They've not deleted it but it's quite bizarre behaviour by them.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The Lincoln official twitter account tweeted that Chris Hughton's comments about our own mistakes costing us the tie were sour grapes. They've not deleted it but it's quite bizarre behaviour by them.

They're annoyed their big catch was entirely self-inflicted by the opposition. Don't get me wrong, they played well enough to win (or we played badly enough to lose) but their goals were all gifts so I understand them being annoyed if that's what people are talking about rather than waxing lyrical. If they're tweeting that kind of thing about someone as respected in the game as CH then they have a long way to go before becoming professional again:wink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lol. Only just saw the 'new fan'.

xxx

To be fair, the tone of your opening post was IMHO all wrong. You seemed to be all but dancing a victory jig for the opposition, like you'd rather they'd won than we did. Just seems a bid odd. Sort of like celebrating the away attendance at the Amex by invading the pitch, twirling your Albion shirt in the air while running over to the away fans to genuflect in their general direction. Like I say, just seems a bit odd.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just seems a bid odd. Sort of like celebrating the away attendance at the Amex by invading the pitch, twirling your Albion shirt in the air while running over to the away fans to genuflect in their general direction. Like I say, just seems a bit odd.

If that were permitted i've no doubt some people around me would do exactly that:shrug:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
After coming out of my bad mood where I may or may not have said some very churlish things on my comments about yesterdays defeat, I now realise I feel exactly the same way when calm and sober:lolol:

Hillimp

Jan 19, 2017
I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you !!!

Seriously, 20 years ago we beat you 2-0 at Sincil Bank when you had won 5 games all season and were close to dropping out of the football league.

Respect to the 1500 who made the long trip back to Brighton having seen your reserves beaten by Lincoln.

Some folk on here need to take a look at themselves though, most of the detractors were not there or watched the highlights on the BBC.

Good luck in the Premier League, Chris Hughton is making good use of the £200 million investment by TB and the good times are a comin'

Over and out !!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When I met you !!!

Seriously, 20 years ago we beat you 2-0 at Sincil Bank when you had won 5 games all season and were close to dropping out of the football league.

Respect to the 1500 who made the long trip back to Brighton having seen your reserves beaten by Lincoln.

Some folk on here need to take a look at themselves though, most of the detractors were not there or watched the highlights on the BBC.

Good luck in the Premier League, Chris Hughton is making good use of the £200 million investment by TB and the good times are a comin'

Over and out !!!

Ah the good old flounce after being so polite before. :flounce:

A few wayward comments said in frustration or jest and your true colours show out.

By the way, it's the fans that are making use of his 200m investment (ie. the stadium), not CH, we certainly haven't spent anything near what other clubs have been spending to get to where we are.

Good luck in L2.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reckon as a club and a fanbase we should either embrace the cup or stop forever banging on about 1983.

Then maybe you should have gone to the 3rd round home game. Give the club the ticket money to show your support.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When I met you !!!

Over and out !!!

Also I just flicked through this thread quickly and the vast majority of messages are positive?

Ah well:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here