Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCLs to be upgraded

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think there is another type that has started to turn up at the Amex, which I have heard described by Prem fans as "the tourists". I could be wrong but I witnessed a crowd of Asian people at the QPR game lining up for photographs with the ground as the background holding in front of them a complete long strip of tickets. How they get the tickets I'm not sure.

Don't see anything wrong in that at all.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thank ****. I'll admit I became a proper fan in 2013, but then I wasn't really into football at all before that and I was 15 so I guess it makes it okay (awaits sarcastic and aggressive replies :rolleyes:).

Seriously that whole "I think I'm going to get a season ticket when they go up" statement makes me want to cringe. Cringe so much.
I don't have one because I couldn't afford it. And now that I can I probably won't be in Sussex for the majority of next season anyway so there's no point.

But if I could've I would've had one for at least the last 2-3 seasons, including the Sami Hyypia disaster one.

Don't worry about it, we all had to start sometime!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
To be fair, I knew a few people who bought season tickets at selherst for Wimbledon just to see the other prem sides.

I went in corporate hospitality to the least glamorous PL fixture of all time. Wimbledon v Barnsley at Selhurst (in the Sainsbury's end). Suspect many, many other clients and suppliers had turned this down before it was offered to me. About 7k there, 1997. Vinnie Jones got booked.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No I don't either, in fact it is good to see and if we do go up could bring in a lot of money from the Asian countries, which I am sure P B will capitalize on.

Can't guarantee it, but I do know that the University do cheap tickets for students for some games. Sussex does have a fair amount of overseas students and could have taken the opportunity to watch the game when the UK students had gone home and they were sticking around.

At the MK game there were a couple of people behind me who were chatting away in German (I think!)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I haven't got a problem with JCFLs. I've got more of a problem with Sussex people going up to London to watch the big Prem clubs than I have of Sussex people that decide to pledge their allegiance to the Albion once they reach the top flight.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
What does the "F" stand for in JCFL. Is it the obvious, as in something that would get altered/asterisked if I wrote it here?

And would there be any plans to increase the capacity? Would that be on at all without ruining the lines of our intrinsically beautiful stadium?

this please ? i keep reading it as Jonny Come Football League !

I also had to google Devon Loch

plus, do as Yoda says

Good news for all JCL fans. You are on the verge of being upgraded to a higher category of Albion fan.

There is a new kid on the block aiming for a place at the bottom of the pile. The JCFL.

This type - one of whom I had the misfortune to encounter/listen to last night - is "going to get a season ticket for Brighton next season if they go up". This statement will usually be followed by an analysis of the merits of "being able to rock up at The Amex" compared to the current expense/difficulty of following their PL team. If you have not yet met a JCFL then be assured you will do in the coming months.

On a serious note. Presumably/hopefully the JCFLs are actually going to find it much harder than they realise to get tickets, let alone STs, next season if we do go up - which is a nice thought.

I was doing some shopping in Tesco Metro after the MK Dons game and some guy I never met saw my scarf and said: "I'm a Liverpool fan but I'm going to get a season ticket at the Amex next season if you go up"

"Good luck with that" I replied, I think successfully having tried to remove all traces of sarcasm from my voice, as live and let live

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's a rule in our group that at any point if a Prem team fan asks for a ticket in the home end it is, under no circumstances, denied point blank, to the point where it could affect friendships.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's already a massive bone of contention, just more amplified from when we arrived at the Amex. We all just need to develop our own coping strategies. Mine is to invite comparison between Murray with Mahoney-Johnson...and if they look puzzled or say anything complimentary about the latter I know they're a fraud and I just walk away with a look of utter contemptious disgust on my face...!

Those that didn't desert during the war years, know is OUR time! Rub their faces in it, remind them of their JCL status, ask if they've yet dined at local Italian 'bellotti's, what time Focus DIY opens....and MOCK mercilessly! For we were there when we were shit! Mostly because we gave a s hit too! And it was an open house, nothing prevented them from attending back then. Unless of course you weren't born or were too young in wish case I might let them off. Might...;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here