Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield away - sold out! (er probably not actually)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Smart ones are doing to now while they can. It will only last for another 8 or 9 away games.

Next season away tickets in the Prem could be £60+ a pop. Not counting any chickens.

Can't see the club acting to legislate on this practice, so fill your boots while you can.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Smart ones are doing to now while they can. It will only last for another 8 or 9 away games.

Next season away tickets in the Prem could be £60+ a pop. Not counting any chickens.

Can't see the club acting to legislate on this practice, so fill your boots while you can.

The Premier League where there is an across the board £30 away ticket cap?

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
I think I'm missing something. What is so loyal about buying a ticket to a game you have no intention of going to?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think I'm missing something. What is so loyal about buying a ticket to a game you have no intention of going to?

It's not a loyalty scheme though, despite its name. It is a reward scheme based on purchases. No different from supermarket 'loyalty'/ reward card schemes. There is actually no loyalty in pursuing ones hobby in an enjoyable day out at the footie.

theboybilly

This unique price at Huddersfield will give people 10 pts whether they attend or not but it won't really help in getting tickets for QPR or Norwich unless you were, for example, a few points short for Brentford. I would imagine the initial requirement for QPR will be higher than for Brentford leaving most not enough time to make up the shortfall

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Either that, or someone will be sensible enough to RING the ticket office to see what is happening.

As I did, see earlier post. They told me they had sold out, shortly before they then re-appeared for sale again :)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm at University in Huddersfield and they are offering tickets for a quid for students to this game just a shame it isn't in the away end.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's not a loyalty scheme though, despite its name. It is a reward scheme based on purchases. No different from supermarket 'loyalty'/ reward card schemes. There is actually no loyalty in pursuing ones hobby in an enjoyable day out at the footie.

Well hang on a minute, buying a ticket to support your team playing a long way from home, is still being 'loyal', is it not?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Either that, or someone will be sensible enough to RING the ticket office to see what is happening.

Fair enough...but is it too much to ask that the club's ticket system shows the correct information? If you try to book a theatre ticket online and it says "sold out", I wonder how many will then phone up to check.

Anyway, there's now tickets available, so all's good. I can't buy a ticket for my daughter yet (she has a fan number but insufficient status) so will get mine now, and hers tomorrow when it goes on general sale...unless it's "sold out" again tomorrow!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well hang on a minute, buying a ticket to support your team playing a long way from home, is still being 'loyal', is it not?

I don't think so, no. Otherwise that would make me more loyal than you Mr Cowfold as the team nearly always play a long way from my home :)
Whenever I book tickets for the Albion I do it because I enjoy it. I think that word 'loyal' is misused in this context and because with loyalty comes entitlement this is the reason for angst filled ticketing arguments at this stage of a successful season (remember the West Ham binfest from several years ago !!). I prefer to take it as it comes, go to games regardless of success or failure and if I miss out it's not the end of the world. I don't consider my booking a match ticket (regardless of location) to be an act of loyalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here