Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Whelch

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Thursday night update from Erica....

Great news at last: Paul is finally awake! The MRI was clear, but the doctors think he's got a vitamin deficiency which is causing a little confusion, and somehow his legs not to work. He recognised me, and also the names of people who sent cards. He can't speak yet because of the tracheotomy, but as his chest improves they'll give him a speaking valve.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is indeed great news. Always good to hear when one of our own recovers, especially one of our own who was so passionate in his fight for our club's existence.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wonderful news!

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Latest update from Erica ....

Paul is going from strength to strength. He's spent most of today off the ventilator, and they will review things at 11pm. They might give him a rest and put him back on it, or they might continue without. Whatever, he has managed 24 hours without it they'll remove the trackie, and he will have no more need of intensive care. He told me to tell everyone that he loves them and hopes to see them all soon.

It's been a long long haul, since around Christmas - hopefully this week he'll move out of Intensive Care. Fantastic care from the nurses & doctors on ICU.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Paul is back in Intensive Care and has had the trackie put back in - he remains weak and is unable to speak. He has been in the RSCH for 10+ weeks and is receiving excellent care, but it remains a very long haul. I saw him tonight and he is looking forward to being back at The Amex next season. Paul is a fighter and he's battling hard, buoyed by the Albion.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Paul is back in Intensive Care and has had the trackie put back in - he remains weak and is unable to speak. He has been in the RSCH for 10+ weeks and is receiving excellent care, but it remains a very long haul. I saw him tonight and he is looking forward to being back at The Amex next season. Paul is a fighter and he's battling hard, buoyed by the Albion.
Well done for all you're doing - the link with the Albion will mean so much to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here