Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Original Cardiff] Match off due to fog

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've driven down from Nottingham today and it's been fog the ENTIRE way. Could be a close one hence no noises at all from the club ATM.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Any protocol for when the club needs to inform fans by?

I remember a Withdean game called off for ice around the stadium area, I was literally turning the corner off London Road heading up to the stadium when it was announced.

I remember a night game when we were already drinking in the sportsman and watching the players warming up. Got called off about half an hour before kick off.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The ref will have to make the final decision, so we wont know till later in the evening. Might be a bit hard to see from the WSU.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On a Tuesday night some years ago we pulled into the car park at The Shay Halifax at about 7.10pm to be told the games had been called off. A minute earlier glad we hadnt paid to park.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
On a Tuesday night some years ago we pulled into the car park at The Shay Halifax at about 7.10pm to be told the games had been called off. A minute earlier glad we hadnt paid to park.

Was that the first or second time that game was called off for a waterlogged pitch? Phil Stant was playing for us then and we had standing in the away end. No fog though on either of the three match nights

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still time for it to clear, but if it stays as it is, then looking dodgy ???

Hope we reshedule it VERY soon if off, as the gap to the peloton will be cut :nono:

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Head for the stadium for a beer and a sing-song. With any luck, there'll be some football too.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's very difficult to call with fog. Can descend & lift very quickly, call it off too soon and it could be clear by KO. It's a really tough call.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Andy Naylor has just tweeted a photo from the ground. It does not look too bad.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/814875741343125504

C08FKPmW8AAYC23.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here