Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPG for top 10 and required PPG for rest of season.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Great to see all this optimism and to a degree agree with same.

However, it isn't the today that worries me but us till the end of the season.

Very good teams have been known to collapse suddenly and what if Murray or Dunk get a serious injury!!!

Am sure though that TB and CH have some good contingency plans.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That swing assumes we are still only 6 clear of Leeds when we visit Elland Road. If we win Friday and our game in hand and Leeds drop points at the weekend we could be 11-12 points clear by Tuesday night.

This also assumes Leeds and Newcastle go on a ridiculous run of wins whilst we falter. This will be harder for all sides to maintain as we get to the business end but we have more home games which will work to our advantage

or we may now get a mini blip and only be 3 or 4 ahead by tue night with them still to play away.

Wouldn't be a ridiculous run then , just a win more than us.

Take your point and its very much a pessimistic / optimistic viewpoint.

If we bounce back Friday then your theory looks more likely. Don't bounce back and I reckon unfortunately I may be nearer the truth.

larus

Latest updates. Be rude not to.

Ponts_92_2017_01_20.png

Form_2017_01_20.png

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
So based on this we can afford to average around 1.65ppg and still have a very good chance of autos and going up on 90 points....wow.

11 wins or 9 wins and 6 draws from 20 games and we've pretty much guaranteed promotion.
I predict we secure automatic promotion at home to Wigan on 17th April and secure the title away at Norwich on 22nd April.

Yoda

English & European
table27.PNG
Updated after the weekends fixtures.

Thought I'd put a bit of fun formatting on this week. Under the Max, PPG Total (for the season) & Max based on form from last 10 (Form Total). If the team cannot move above us, this figure will turn orange from now on.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
View attachment 81363

Thought I'd put a bit of fun formatting on this week. Under the Max, PPG Total (for the season) & Max based on form from last 10 (Form Total). If the team cannot move above us, this figure will turn orange from now on.

I'm liking the 'new twist'.

I guess you'll do the same with the Pts total as soon as that start to kick in?

larus

Updated after tonights fixtures.

Ponts_92_2017_01_24.png

Form_2017_01_24.png

Looking at the PPG both us and Newcastle need for 92 points, it's looking hard for the other teams to catch. I know things can go wrong, but if we were a chasing team, we'd be thinking that play-offs were the realistic target.

Yoda

English & European
View attachment 81363

Not a great bit of difference after tonights two games barring a couple of teams, based on form, that will not catch us.
table27.PNG

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
SO you are telling us that we are still 23 points away from guaranteed survival? It's going to be a tough end to the season

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Not a great bit of difference after tonights two games barring a couple of teams, based on form, that will not catch us.

Form total = 107! Obviously we aren't getting that, but I like the cell showing it :D

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

View attachment 81502

View attachment 81503

Looking at the PPG both us and Newcastle need for 92 points, it's looking hard for the other teams to catch. I know things can go wrong, but if we were a chasing team, we'd be thinking that play-offs were the realistic target.

So Reading would have to up their game to our form to date and overturn the goal difference and we would have to finish the season as massive have played so far.

I still don't think we're going up.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

View attachment 81502

View attachment 81503

Earlier in this thread it was quoted that Burnley went on an amazing run last season amassing 56 points from their last 24 games. That works out at 2.3 PPG. Leeds, Wednesday and Derby are all requiring more than that rate. Reading and Hudds are only just under it at 2.26 PPG required. I will leave it there.

I love this thread. Well Done Larus.

larus

Earlier in this thread it was quoted that Burnley went on an amazing run last season amassing 56 points from their last 24 games. That works out at 2.3 PPG. Leeds, Wednesday and Derby are all requiring more than that rate. Reading and Hudds are only just under it at 2.26 PPG required. I will leave it there.

Interesting point re Burnley.

Here's our 'form' since start of last season :

Year Pl Pt PPG
2015 46 89 1.93
2016 27 60 2.22
Tot 73 149 2.04

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
IF we beat Hudds, there is a part of me that will have to start believing. The annoying part will still see the flying paper clackers swirling in Amex wind until promotion is a mathematical certainty.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

:D And we're only just off that form over the last 27 games. And our 'form form' is on 2.3 as we stand.

Agree, love these threads, I know it's still very early days, but it's great to keep abreast of the targets for us and the peloton!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
View attachment 81506

I've had a couple of drinks, but if i've read this right the idea of us finishing that far ahead of 3rd fills me with a lot of hope.

However, as an Albion fan i've learned to temper that hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here