Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest vs Newcastle tonight

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm not so sure. They've lost as many games already as we did all of last season.

Their problem is that everyone wants to beat them. I'm sure they believed they'd walk the league but are now having a reality check and are finding the process painful. There are a number of good teams in this league - it's not going to be a walkover for anyone

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having watched the highlights and heard Benitez, I think Newcastle were unlucky with both sending offs and the disallowed goal. Forest bundled two particularly shite goals across the line. Newcastle won't have a joker like Steve Martin showing off on the Sky cameras every week so now is the time to capitalise. Top by 5pm?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm not so sure. They've lost as many games already as we did all of last season.

Whilst our games lost stat last season was top notch, our undoing was too many drawn games - Newcastle don't draw many so not an issue for them to lose a couple more than we did ....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Having watched the highlights and heard Benitez, I think Newcastle were unlucky with both sending offs and the disallowed goal. Forest bundled two particularly shite goals across the line. Newcastle won't have a joker like Steve Martin showing off on the Sky cameras every week so now is the time to capitalise. Top by 5pm?

I agree they were unlucky last night. The 2nd was never a red card really and Lansbury did make a right meal if the 1st incident although it was a red card. With 10 I think they would of prob won but with 9men it's hard to hold on for 45 minutes.
Strange if Steve Martin really was decent when he was in charge at the AMEX but they have had decisions go for them as well. Preston and Cardiff both should of had late penalties which were not given.
The league is tougher than they think and they will have to grind out results when not playing well just as we have done over recent weeks. Hopefully top by 5 but then again it's Brighton.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lansbury did make a right meal of the 1st incident although it was a red card.

I'm at bit biased here as I don't see anything wrong with trying to give Lansbury a sneaky kick, in fact, with that hair, it's harder for players NOT to give him a whack. The ref should have used his common sense and realised that Lansbury and brought it all on himself by being him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I haven't changed my view since the beginning of the season. I honestly believe we are the best team in the Championship and by May, we will have proved it.

I can't go that far, but I also haven't changed my view since the beginning of the season that it's not all about 2nd place behind Newcastle - I don't think any team is nailed on as Champions.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

The actor Steve Martin has tweeted in response:

"Evidently, there's someone who's a bad referee with my name, and now there are thousands of English who won't go see my films anymore."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They'll still romp it
Indeed, I think some fans are getting distracted (not that that matters).

Could Newcastle blow it - hypothetically, yes, but I doubt it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Newcastle have already lost the same number of games as us in all of last season. What this does show is that WINS gets you promoted, the table is almost perfectly sorted out into team with most to least wins.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Newcastle have already lost the same number of games as us in all of last season. What this does show is that WINS gets you promoted, the table is almost perfectly sorted out into team with most to least wins.

Why, have Newcastle already been promoted?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No but they are top of the league despite losing 5 because they have won the most. I think the teams that go up will be the ones that win the most number of game, not lose the fewest.

They are top of the league only because they managed to beat a ten man Brighton team in a game where Stockdale wasn't at his best

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And Duffy had just joined and looked like he was playing with strangers.
As opposed to today when he's going to be so comfortable he's going to turn into a goal scoring machine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here