Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder if this will have any effect on the purse strings at Reading

el punal

Good luck to them , I fully expect to see Mr Yongge and Mr Xui Li chatting to fans on some oopt north train station platform at a away game on a tuesday night in the middle of january after the game and sharing their plastic bag full of tinny's , we really are so bloody lucky to have what we have here .

Now that really would be a Chinese take-away. :D

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Ah yes, Dai Yongge... Chinese-Welsh hellraiser, with his gorgeous Scandinavian girlfriend, Liv Fasste.

That sir is genius, if I was wearing a cap I would doff it to you.

Ha Ha, I was wondering if the ground etc could be sold by the new or old owners thats all.

Isn't that effectively how Palace managed to get themselves into one of the messes, didn't Ron Noades own the pitch and the car park or something so the club were in a mess when they tried to re-mortgage?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
With the Albion sitting pretty in the automatic promotion places of the Championship you wonder whether Tony will receive - or, indeed, HAS received - any offers for his shares.

I often wonder that. Thankfully, at the moment, we know the answer.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No I don't.

What I do wonder is whether Reading will have to have a new club song, and how losing the current one will affect the team's morale.

Harmful elements in the air
Symbols clashing everywhere
Reaps the fields of rice and reeds
While the population feeds
Junk floats on polluted water
An old custom to sell your daughter
Would you like number twenty three?
Leave your yens on the counter please

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Is it me or does that all sound a bit..... worrying.

It sounds like the current owners have realised that owning a football club is not a good way to make money but the land earmarked for development surrounding it clearly is, so they plan to flog the club to some Chinese who are jumping on the 'owning an English football club' bandwagon that seems to be alll the rage amongst the wealthy chinese, while keeping the parts that will make them a hefty profit. I'd be nervous if I was a Reading fan, at the very least it sounds as if the club is going to lose a potentially very lucrative revenue stream. On the face of it it seems a very clinical piece of asset stripping.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
CaptureJPG.jpg

Meet the Dai. Having a brother or sister in China is actually a very unique trait.

He must have a really long left arm. It droops right down out of shot before re-appearing on his sisters left shoulder.Wierd or what?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It sounds like the current owners have realised that owning a football club is not a good way to make money but the land earmarked for development surrounding it clearly is, so they plan to flog the club to some Chinese who are jumping on the 'owning an English football club' bandwagon that seems to be alll the rage amongst the wealthy chinese, while keeping the parts that will make them a hefty profit. I'd be nervous if I was a Reading fan, at the very least it sounds as if the club is going to lose a potentially very lucrative revenue stream. On the face of it it seems a very clinical piece of asset stripping.

At least one Reading fan agrees......

"Current owners Lady Sasima Srivikorn, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth and Narin Niruttinanon took control of the Championship club in September 2014.

Any deal with Yongge and Xiu Li would see the Thais retain ownership of land around the club's Madejski Stadium, currently earmarked for redevelopment, as well as the Millennium Madejski Hotel.

But the current owners are looking to sell the stadium, the club and the training ground."

'Twas always their intention. Sadly RFC shafted yet again.

Wonder how much profit they will make for themselves?
Wonder how long it will be before the entire stretch of land from the A33 to Green Park station is developed - and suddenly the football ground is a nuisance and clarion calls will be made to move it somewhere where it won't impact its surrounding neighbours - the callers of course conveniently forgetting that without the football club clearing up the rubbish tip and making significant contributions to the surrounding road network in the first place, said stretch of land would not have even been "developable".
Wonder how long the Chinese will hang around for?
Wonder what they see as their profit generator in the club?
Wonder who they will sell out to in 18-24 months time?

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127388&start=280#p4414063

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Harmful elements in the air
Symbols clashing everywhere
Reaps the fields of rice and reeds
While the population feeds
Junk floats on polluted water
An old custom to sell your daughter
Would you like number twenty three?
Leave your yens on the counter please
Both beautiful and deep.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I've got a bit of internal conflict going on. My hand is trying to click play, but my brain won't allow it.

Trust me, you think 'oh just two seconds, that's all' and end up watching it all and bloody singing it!

Looks like time times for reading if they lose this classic!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ra ra Reading FC. They call them the royals, from the land of the royals... #tinpot

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Isn't that effectively how Palace managed to get themselves into one of the messes, didn't Ron Noades own the pitch and the car park or something so the club were in a mess when they tried to re-mortgage?

I think so. It is certainly one of the ways Pompey got into trouble.

This is an annoying and unusual thread. It is eliciting feelings of sympathy towards Reading.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes, Dai Yongge... Chinese-Welsh hellraiser, with his gorgeous Scandinavian girlfriend, Liv Fasste.

Brilliant! I think something might have been lost in translation if the latest Tweet is to be believed:

"We interested buy club of Royal Berkshire, near Windsor Castle, from friend of Her Madjeski."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has any Chinese take over improved a club's fortunes ?
It's early days with their involvement though isn't it?

President Xi Jinping wants football to be big business in China, so money is going to be spent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
With the Albion sitting pretty in the automatic promotion places of the Championship you wonder whether Tony will receive - or, indeed, HAS received - any offers for his shares.

He has had interest. He said so himself.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It would help if we had a couple of stints in the prem like Reading so these super rich will remember seeing us on the tele.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here