Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny dyer

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Really enjoyed the programme. Only problem for us plebs is that it would cost a mortgage to trace our ancestors like that. Different thing if BBC are funding this.
However, I have had some luck. Some relatives who share the same great grandfather as me have traced us back to 1752. Sadly can't go any further as parish records not been kept.
My family tree did throw up some amazing stuff though. For instance my dad, on his fathers side, had eight aunts and uncles but I only thought he had just one.

found all mine through ANCESTRY and researching through to local website in the Forest of Dean at very little cost but lots of time

The chances are that anyone who can trace their family back to a member of the aristocracy, especially a "senior" branch of one of the great families of England, will be able to zoom back through many generations, just like Danny Dyer did.

He was able to use well known routes back to show that King Edward III was his 22 x great grandparent.

The curious thing, of course, is that EVERYONE has up to 16.7 million 22 x great grandparents. All that Danny Dyer has been able to do is identify just one of them.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Interesting thread. By resisting the temptation to Google Danny Dyer, I have no idea who or what this thread is all about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know about Edward III, but I've always thought of Danny Dyer as a bit of a Richard III.

Talking of Richard III, Benedict Cumberbatch is a direct relative of his. That was unearthed (excuse the pun) when he was found under the car park in Leicester.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't decide who i would like to smack most Dyer or Clarkson, both arrogant twats, why they get any air time is beyond me.:shrug:

It's a very difficult question because, as you have rightly pointed out they are both arrogant twats. But I think you will find the answer is .....

Piers Morgan

D

Deleted member 2719

It's a very difficult question because, as you have rightly pointed out they are both arrogant twats. But I think you will find the answer is .....

Piers Morgan

I actually like Morgan, because he can laugh at himself, where Clarkson wants people to laugh with him and Dyer has no comedy value whatsoever IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here