Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The irony is, if you are so frustrated at not getting first team football, why not go somewhere you are guaranteed to get regular games in your favoured central position. Not occasional games out wide. It makes no sense. Short term financial gain instead of long term football gain.
Because while he may realise he's not good enough for a top PL side, he probably thought he'd be good enough to do well in any Championship side, and be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I wouldn't personally question his quality as a player on one game - certainly he did extremely well at this level for Brentford and we obviously saw plenty in him to make such a bid. But the club make plenty about signing players who are right for the dressing room and the club as a whole, not just on their footballing ability, on more than one occasion citing plenty of research done in this area (though I'm not sure how you do that) before any player is bought.

I would certainly question his qualities in this respect - if you can't take a bit of booing at this level, you're in the wrong game. Wonder if his fit as a player we needed - certainly not wide left of the midfield either - overcame the other consideration in our efforts to sign him in this case.

I enjoyed his afternoon tremendously, anyway. Couldn't really have written it any better. Perhaps if Knocky had stuck that shot in the top corner, having mugged him on the touchline. That would have been nice. Never mind - one can't be greedy!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hadn't noticed before but when Knocky almost scored early in the second half the player he sent the wrong way was........[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He was decent - looked a skilful player, tho a bit smaller than I assumed he would be. Probably Hughton would still do the deal if he could get in a tardis. Not sure he would have resolved the problem of Baldock getting ourmuscled at times by defenders, so overall we can relax and have a laugh at him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a 20 minute run around for the pilchard, in the 2-1 loss v Rotherham.
I wonder if he's collected an appearance bonus yet?
Win and goal bonuses have been harder to come by.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The degree of schadenfreude I feel when observing Norwich's misery and imagining how Pratchard must be thoroughly regretting his ludicrous career choice makes me feel a little ashamed of myself. But I can't help it. I probably need to get a life.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The degree of schadenfreude I feel when observing Norwich's misery and imagining how Pratchard must be thoroughly regretting his ludicrous career choice makes me feel a little ashamed of myself.
You should feel ashamed of yourself for feeling ashamed of yourself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would they want a player who can't get into a mid table Championship team?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Most of that, in fact all, but the feeling ashamed bit. To double the joy his careers dive gives me, I consider how well Calderwood has done at Villa. Bruce must be grateful for his input :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here