Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City away

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There are hundreds of different and great pubs to try out in Bristol. Why anyone would want to go to an "away fans only" plastic glass hovel I will never understand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Very true, but for those that want to drink close to the ground or drive and park close to the ground, then its usually the Robin, but beware, its a plastic glass hovel and the beer is a local brewery of which the name escapes me and i dont like it very much (going to get slated for that) so why anyone would want to go there i will never understand.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Cracking city, decent pubs, always a decent atmosphere and has got a bit lively once or twice.

Gutted I can't make it this year.

Should take 1200-1500

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Got GWR tickets booked, and Cheddar Ales delivery on order for light train refreshment, a couple of hours drinking in Bristol, and mate got match tickets today. Who knows we may see a firework or two, Butcombe on draught at the lovely refurbished stadium, this is the AWAY DAY DREAM

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I've been going on to buy on each of the last few days but don't want seats in low rows or low seat numbers as then you are stuck low down in a corner, so waiting for them to start selling further along. They haven't done yet, so I am assuming no one is buying them. Why they can't sell the best seats first I have no idea!
we never sit were ticket says anyway--why worry

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Was going to go for a 3pm kick off but now it's been moved by Sky I can't make it [emoji37][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Many don't but many of us do.

Can guarantee the one time I don't I get one of the you're sitting in my seat crowd.

Hmmm, Have just bought ours and will be with two family members who will not want/be able to stand for the whole match.
I have been allocated seats right at the back, but wasn't worried as I was assuming it would be a free for all and as long as we arrived early will be able to get seats we want, near the front.

Anyone care to reassure me?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hmmm, Have just bought ours and will be with two family members who will not want/be able to stand for the whole match.
I have been allocated seats right at the back, but wasn't worried as I was assuming it would be a free for all and as long as we arrived early will be able to get seats we want, near the front.

Anyone care to reassure me?

Ask a steward , they are always pretty good in this type of situation plus if i was stuck right down the front i would be happy to move further back .

May 17, 2011
1066 country
My Son & I will be there, looking forward to this one.
He lives in Tiverton & talks with a west country accent so please don't slap him if you here him as he's been a Seagull since Birth. but has lived down there since he was 2. ��

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Bit ropey..... King St is the best spot... old school pubs alongside craft beer venues... plus food offerings.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Very this. Just been in the King William on King Street, cracking pub, and several others in that area.

Bristol's a great city, worth spending a few days here and exploring.

I'm just a bit peeved the fixtures didn't fit my visit this weekend.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My Son & I will be there, looking forward to this one.
He lives in Tiverton & talks with a west country accent so please don't slap him if you here him as he's been a Seagull since Birth. but has lived down there since he was 2. ��

Spooky. Going with my lad as as luck with have it the Mrs wants to go to a 'family lunch' that day........in Tiverton (we were both born there but I'm from a tiny village a few miles away).

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
My home game for the season. Got my ticket for FF at Rose of Denmark. Good choice, nice pub.

Suggestions for weekenders: stroll the docks including Millennium Square and incorporate the ferry on the Cumberland Basin. M Shed has a lot of Bristol history but is quite generic for those who like recent history. Couple with a visit to SS Great Britain to finish at about 4 and you can walk easily to ground.

Visit tourist info and walk the suggested historical route - lived here 30+ years and found out much I didn't know.

Walk across Clifton Suspension Bridge and visit the observatory.

Energetic? Hire a bike and cycle the 15 miles to Bath on the original Sustrans route - scenic and easy. Nice pub at Saltford right on the path. Local train back.

Pubs - many. As others have said, King St is popular though very busy as a consequence.

Be aware that there are ongoing roadworks in city centre due to metro system that is being built and a reconfiguring of roads.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Agree with the above. The SS Great Britain was fascinating, and the autumn colours around the suspension bridge were great today. My feet are now knackered, but the centre of Bristol is easily walkable. Have to say, though, there are a lot of homeless on the streets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here