Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Take it as a complement as he clearly believes you are well versed in conducting high level treaty negotiations. Mind you considering the obvious rapid deterioration in his mental faculties (increasing paranoia, memory loss, self delusion etc) it wouldn't surprise me if he thought you were Napoleon Bonaparte ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Maybe a 'compliment' would be a better choice?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It seems almost beyond belief that some posters on here would write, and presumably believe the old false cliches that 'Brexit is done' and 'it's time to move on' (even if we were inclined to)?

What on earth do they mean? It's just stunningly facile comment.

How can such vacuous pronouncements have any veracity considering our current relationships with Ireland, Scotland, the USA and the EU?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Take it as a complement as he clearly believes you are well versed in conducting high level treaty negotiations. Mind you considering the obvious rapid deterioration in his mental faculties (increasing paranoia, memory loss, self delusion etc) it wouldn't surprise me if he thought you were Napoleon Bonaparte ...
And yet more completely meaningless (and misspelt) twaddle :dunce:

But whilst you're on the Brexit thread, on the actual subject of the thread

What do you think should replace the Northern Ireland Protocol that you, an ardent Unionist :lolol:, campaigned and voted for and have now decided that you don't want ? Or was that a 'high level treaty negotiation' that you didn't and still don't understand ?

UnknownSoreJoey-size_restricted.gif

Run 'JC Four Accounts Genius', Run :wave:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And yet more completely meaningless (and misspelt) twaddle :dunce:

But whilst you're on the Brexit thread, on the actual subject of the thread

What do you think should replace the Northern Ireland Protocol that you, an ardent Unionist :lolol:, campaigned and voted for and have now decided that you don't want ? Or was that a 'high level treaty negotiation' that you didn't and still don't understand ?

View attachment 142136

Run 'JC Four Accounts Genius', Run :wave:

Still awaiting something - anything! - of substance to be lobbed over from that side of the fence. It doesn't seem to have progressed much since the days of the 'undemocratic loons' or '5th Columnists' insults..

The latest Cummings' disclosures reveal that our beloved leader simply didn't understand the way that a Customs Union works and when the penny dropped couldn't really deal with it. This kind of beggars belief - until you realise the calibre of the person we are dealing with, and then it all falls into place. Oh well, it's only the nation's economy that will tank, so nothing to worry about. At least it won't let down his political base because 98% of them didn't understand the way a Customs Union works anyway..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It seems almost beyond belief that some posters on here would write, and presumably believe the old false cliches that 'Brexit is done' and 'it's time to move on' (even if we were inclined to)?

What on earth do they mean? It's just stunningly facile comment.

How can such vacuous pronouncements have any veracity considering our current relationships with Ireland, Scotland, the USA and the EU?

I think you will find that what they actually mean is

It has become blindingly obvious that I didn't have any idea what I was voting for, have made a complete tit of myself and would prefer that you didn't keep highlighting it.

Further to that, I still don't understand why Johnson can't implement his 'Oven ready Good deal' with the Northern Ireland Protocol and import controls to 'take back control' and 'Get Brexit done' or why he keeps on trying to restart the Brexit negotiations all over again. Now where are my crayons :dunce:

Or something along those lines :wink:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Bloody Brexit indeed... it's concerning, and for those who have a dark sense of humour also amusing, that so many deluded Brexit lovers still not have clocked how badly things have been going.... Good old Jefferson!

Still, ultimately it's not what others tell you so much as what you tell yourself....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0G3lYTOI0Q

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bloody Brexit indeed... it's concerning, and for those have a dark sense of humour also amusing, that so many deluded Brexit lovers still not have clocked how badly things have been going.... Good old Jefferson!

Still, ultimately it's not what others tell you so much as what you tell yourself....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0G3lYTOI0Q

Is summary Brexit this year has cost the government £30B and they put taxes up £30B in the latest budget

I thought that was project fear?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Is summary Brexit this year has cost the government £30B and they put taxes up £30B in the latest budget

I thought that was project fear?

Apparently there is someone called Jefferson who maintains the 'commit to believing in Brexit Britain; we will thrive' line.... and there are people (admittedly dwindling in numbers) who so much want to believe it that they celebrate their glorious ignorance on here!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Apparently there is someone called Jefferson who maintains the 'commit to believing in Brexit Britain; we will thrive' line.... and there are people (admittedly dwindling in numbers) who so much want to believe it that they celebrate their glorious ignorance on here!

Jefferson_MFG, has actually been set up by Stuart Whitehead, the failed recruiter from the manufacturing industry who is now trying to make his name as a 'Social media influencer' by running a Twitter account to re-publish every marketing release from that sector. It's the same few manufacturing stories regurgitated over and over again (well that's marketing :wink:) but to be fair, Whitehead seems to be doing a far better job in marketing than when he was in recruitment (damning with faint praise).

Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit (either for or against), but the very simple marketing one liners seem, unsurprisingly, to appeal to [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] :dunce:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Jefferson_MFG, has actually been set up by Stuart Whitehead, the failed recruiter from the manufacturing industry who is now trying to make his name as a 'Social media influencer' by running a Twitter account to re-publish every marketing release from that sector. It's the same few manufacturing stories regurgitated over and over again (well that's marketing :wink:) but to be fair, Whitehead seems to be doing a far better job in marketing than when he was in recruitment (damning with faint praise).

Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit (either for or against), but the very simple marketing one liners seem, unsurprisingly, to appeal to [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] :dunce:

Thanks for the information; it explains a lot.

Do you think Baker lite

1) doesn't know this
2) doesn't believe it
3) doesn't understand it
OR
4) knows it, believes it and is just trolling?

Personally I think s/he's quite vulnerable to this sort of scam.....

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Channel 4 this evening 20.30, 'Dispatches: Did Brexit Work for Business?' Looking forward to the in-depth interviews with our very own Footie Genius, Baker Lite and other experts.

The focus was on goods was it just show how thin the TCA is, the Netherlands as I've always said will be eating our lunch

Need another episode on services, that's where we're really screwed ourselves

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1460372790935183363[/tweet]

The big problem about Johnson's rushed TCA (that he never understood) is its really bad for UK exporters that are in trading businesses, UK is excellent in this area. For example, something that is designed in UK, made in China and then sold in over the the EU from the UK, in many cases a tariff is now applied

Solution - Set up business in Rotherdam, employ EU staff and pay Netherlands corporation tax

The Dutch are rubbing their hands, Brexit is good for someone.

Countries trade most with those on their doorstep, the Vote Leave cabal either still doesn't understand or pretends it doesn't understand. In the meantime a lower tax take and higher taxes. We'll be poorer...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The focus was on goods was it just show how thin the TCA is, the Netherlands as I've always said will be eating our lunch

Need another episode on services, that's where we're really screwed ourselves

Yes, the Netherlands are enjoying the Brexit benefits

[tweet]1459823428429656071[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here