Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well as long as you're happy and avoid doing stupid things that would make your position worse, I'm sure you'll be fine .................. oh

The only thing I could possibly do wrong is continue to listen to your endless drivel, hence forth Mr Zero I will no longer waste a further minute reading or replying to anymore of YOUR tripe that ISN’T BHA related [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The NHS asked when they ger their first cheque for 350m ?

I would think with Covid they have had much more than that pumped into the NHS.
The EU meanwhile are requesting donations to make up for the billions they have to now replace from the UK leaving. Can you and Watford O set up the collection fund

Jan 30, 2008
The only thing I could possibly do wrong is continue to listen to your endless drivel, hence forth Mr Zero I will no longer waste a further minute reading or replying to anymore of YOUR tripe that ISN’T BHA related [emoji6]

Watford bloke reminds me of a Duracell Bunny
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

Watford bloke reminds me of a Duracell Bunny along with Randy the two that seem to be going on and on and on
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would think with Covid they have had much more than that pumped into the NHS.
The EU meanwhile are requesting donations to make up for the billions they have to now replace from the UK leaving. Can you and Watford O set up the collection fund

You want to play numbers now ? All these are freely available. Here's a few easy ones for starters

Total annually paid into the EU by UK ?
Total paid into the EU by the UK throughout it's membership ?
Total cost of Brexit preparations to date ?
Total percentage contribution of the fishing industry to UK GDP ?
Total percentage contribution of services industry to UK GDP ?
Total value of shares that will be moved from UK platforms to EU platforms, as a result of having no services in Johnson's 'deal' in the first week of January?

Of course I could tell you all of these figures but I do think it would be good for you to do some research and understand what you're talking about. Don't worry, I can wait. But when you do have answers and understand them, just let me know and we'll pick up.

But I've got an all important football match taking my attention just now :albion2:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You want to play numbers now ? All these are freely available. Here's a few easy ones for starters

Total annually paid into the EU by UK ?
Total paid into the EU by the UK throughout it's membership ?
Total cost of Brexit preparations to date ?
Total percentage contribution of the fishing industry to UK GDP ?
Total percentage contribution of services industry to UK GDP ?
Total value of shares that will be moved from UK platforms to EU platforms, as a result of having no services in Johnson's 'deal' in the first week of January?

Of course I could tell you all of these figures but I do think it would be good for you to do some research and understand what you're talking about. Don't worry, I can wait. But when you do have answers and understand them, just let me know and we'll pick up.

But I've got an all important football match taking my attention just now :albion2:

I'll get back to you in 30yrs when things have had time to bed in, things will be much rosier then. Would guess that a couple more jump ship as well

You keep looking up your remainer figures though

I

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I'll get back to you in 30yrs when things have had time to bed in, things will be much rosier then. Would guess that a couple more jump ship as well

I

If you're so certain, as with most Brexiters, that you can predict the future which will be so great, surely easier to pick the winning numbers in the lottery? Then you won't have to wait 30 years, you can have instant sunlit uplands

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I

Obviously, It didn't take a genius to know that any single one of those was questions far beyond your ability but I don't think I've ever seen anyone start a conversation and then try to get out of it so quickly :facepalm:

e89adcc527c447379c68a0aeea54cb9a.gif

Reversing out at that speed, I hope you checked your mirrors :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I

Here’s a clue. How much do 50,000 extra customs and border force officials cost?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've kept out of this toxic thread for sometime as I got bored of the insults and 'I know better then you' attitudes but your children can still do all these things - they just have some extra processes to go through to achieve them. For example, I've been looking at getting a property in France for sometime now and have been discussing with a French estate agent. I can still buy the property I've had my eye on ( I probably won't but for non-Brexit reasons ) - I just have some extra paperwork to complete should I proceed. Likewise, Miss WS is looking at a Uni course that includes the 3rd year abroad and the Uni have assured us that she can still do that year in an EU based uni.

I don’t think anyone said you couldn’t buy property. But, it will be interesting if you try and stay in your property for more than 3 months, which given you have said you wish to retire there you most certainly will. I believe you will now need to apply for a year long visiting visa and get 5 continuous years before you can apply for a residency visa. You also need to show the means to pay for your stay. I therefore hope you have a current long term private healthcare policy which is transferable to France. You and your wife both have health issues, you have stated so on NSC, and taking out fresh health insurance at retirement age with health conditions will be financially crippling. I still stand by my belief you will not retire to France.

As for your daughter, she will be fine as long as her Erasmus place was secured before 31.12.2020. The EU are honouring all places arranged before this date. She’s fine, but others won’t be. And this is the crux really. You rarely see beyond your own nose when it comes to life; you have displayed this in numerous previous posts, your posts over Xmas regarding your, in my opinion, ill-advised trip to the West Country and also with the post I have quoted. I bet the west county people loved you arriving at the last minute from a area which was about to go into tier 4 and strutting around telling all and sundry you are exempt from wearing a mask.

Happy new year :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't imagine the Norwegians would be stupid enough to vote for a border in the middle of their country, can you :facepalm:

I was reading about a business which sends stuff to NI and they now have to complete customs papers to send goods within their own country. That’s utterly insane.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I don’t think anyone said you couldn’t buy property. But, it will be interesting if you try and stay in your property for more than 3 months, which given you have said you wish to retire there you most certainly will. I believe you will now need to apply for a year long visiting visa and get 5 continuous years before you can apply for a residency visa. You also need to show the means to pay for your stay. I therefore hope you have a current long term private healthcare policy which is transferable to France. You and your wife both have health issues, you have stated so on NSC, and taking out fresh health insurance at retirement age with health conditions will be financially crippling. I still stand by my belief you will not retire to France.

As for your daughter, she will be fine as long as her Erasmus place was secured before 31.12.2020. The EU are honouring all places arranged before this date. She’s fine, but others won’t be. And this is the crux really. You rarely see beyond your own nose when it comes to life; you have displayed this in numerous previous posts, your posts over Xmas regarding your, in my opinion, ill-advised trip to the West Country and also with the post I have quoted. I bet the west county people loved you arriving at the last minute from a area which was about to go into tier 4 and strutting around telling all and sundry yoare exempt from wearing a mask.

Happy new year :thumbsup:

His 'exemption' came from the bus company.He told me he applied for it. No medical people involved.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
don't forget all the red tape and bureacracy you voted to get rid of when you're applying for Visas, ID cards, insurance, healthcare etc

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I

We will be members again, or something close to it (in a customs union and the single market) before 30 years have passed.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We will be members again, or something close to it (in a customs union and the single market) before 30 years have passed.

Good to see you putting down a new prediction after your imminent Brexit recession fail but just to let you know Wz has already secured the crown for making the most inaccurate/stupid predictions on this thread.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was reading about a business which sends stuff to NI and they now have to complete customs papers to send goods within their own country. That’s utterly insane.

If you think that's insane wait till you find out every animal load travelling from GB to NI has needed paperwork and physical checks for years! :wozza:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you think that's insane wait till you find out every animal load travelling from GB to NI has needed paperwork and physical checks for years! :wozza:

We’re talking about two different things. I can’t say I have an issue with checks and regulation related to the conditions and welfare of livestock. That’s prudent to control disease. Having to fill out numerous customs forms to move some paperclips across the country is a very odd place to arrive at in the 21st century.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good to see you putting down a new prediction after your imminent Brexit recession fail but just to let you know Wz has already secured the crown for making the most inaccurate/stupid predictions on this thread.

You can have the technical win on that one, Covid and QE make it impossible to claim even the delayed one, but you know we have a smaller economy than we otherwise would have. Well done you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here