Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Difficult to choose what to stock up on though? everything will go up one way or another. This due to tariffs, delays caused by Customs checks, extra red tape and supermarkets looking to increase profits by slipping an extra few Pence on a price if they can get away with it.
Fuel. Brim the vehicle and fill the Jerry cans ( up to the fuel storage legal limits of course ).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've stocked the freezer with as much as I can cram in, also tinned vegetables, pasta, rice, bog roll (all made with wood pulp imported from Denmark), toiletries (nobody notices soap until it starts to run out) and basic medicines (the stuff you can pick up easily in Tescos).

It's not the price rises I'm working on but the likely shortages.
Top tip on soap, buy the old fashioned bars of soap, they last much much longer than liquid soaps and shower gels.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Aaaaand they're back, bright and early Monday morning ... best tell your Brussels handlers that the campaign ended in 2016 chaps and trying to pass off Pro Remain campaign material as a Government/Leave manifesto isn't too clever when complaining about misinformation/lying.

Bit of a weak argument when you consider, even if you were right in your assertion, surely the point of Brexit is to end up in a better position, isn't it? Unless you're saying being in a worse position was the plan all along and you're magnanimous in it's failure?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Aaaaand they're back, bright and early Monday morning ... best tell your Brussels handlers that the campaign ended in 2016 chaps and trying to pass off Pro Remain campaign material as a Government/Leave manifesto isn't too clever when complaining about misinformation/lying.

Pointing out the lies used to bring the country
to its current state, doesn't require 'handlers' just common sense. Own your shit and give up with pointing anywhere else.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Rumour that some Tories (eg Sir Roger Gale) will be after Johnson's head if he takes us out without a deal. Given that the ERG will have their tanks on his lawn if he DOES get a deal, it looks like he can't win. And that's just with the guys who are meant to be on his side. Couldn't happen to a nicer or more decent chap......................

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rumour that some Tories (eg Sir Roger Gale) will be after Johnson's head if he takes us out without a deal. Given that the ERG will have their tanks on his lawn if he DOES get a deal, it looks like he can't win. And that's just with the guys who are meant to be on his side. Couldn't happen to a nicer or more decent chap......................
This is, Johnson's conundrum, he's painted himself in to a corner whatever he does.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
boris.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Supermarkets are stock piling with a view to increasing prices inline with tariffs, then selling their old stock they brought in previously. Easy profits...

Meat and diary are going to be the things that will get hammered, so cured meats, cheese that will freeze, also plus feta, Halloumi (long shelf life). Not sure about tariffs on processed stuff but stuff in jars and tins will keep forever anyway

If there is no deal I doubt it will be this week, imagine the panic of Christmas dinner shop and no deal. Its bad enough without no deal

think you need to calm a bit. those supermarkets just handed back hundreds of millions in grants, that they deemed they didnt need. they employed thousands to deliver online, a loss making operation. these are not the actions of nasty companies seeking to profiteer from Brexit. btw for some perspective, the tariff on cheese is 150-180EUR per 100kg, less than 0.5p for a pack of Edam or Halloumi.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think AC got it spot on, or are you with the Brexloony?

[tweet]1338545017460318208[/tweet]

FFS, Al why would even both trying to debate with a clown like Parry. A Talk Shite standard football pundit

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
think you need to calm a bit. those supermarkets just handed back hundreds of millions in grants, that they deemed they didnt need. they employed thousands to deliver online, a loss making operation. these are not the actions of nasty companies seeking to profiteer from Brexit. btw for some perspective, the tariff on cheese is 150-180EUR per 100kg, less than 0.5p for a pack of Edam or Halloumi.

Emm...not sure about your calcs there, I make it 0.45c per 250g per pack of Halloumi, factor that into landed cost, margin etc and we're looking at about 50% increase on a £1.45 pack from Aldi

The Grocer said is September there would be 57% tariff on cheddar exports

If its no deal the era of decent quality cheap food from Europe is over, those who can least afford it will suffer

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
FFS, Al why would even both trying to debate with a clown like Parry. A Talk Shite standard football pundit

Used to like Parry when he was on Talksport. But he was only there to spout something controversial and get the phones ringing and be a stooge to Alan Brazil. I think that his view that the continuing negotiations are a " Victory for Johnson " is some way wide of the mark, I think that Johnson is now in Cleavon Little's situation in Blazing Saddles when he arrives to take up his position as Sheriff... ...but Johnsons willingness to blow his brains out is viewed by the EU more in sympathy than in threat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Emm...not sure about your calcs there, I make it 0.45c per 250g per pack of Halloumi, factor that into landed cost, margin etc and we're looking at about 50% increase on a £1.45 pack from Aldi

The Grocer said is September there would be 57% tariff on cheddar exports

If its no deal the era of decent quality cheap food from Europe is over, those who can least afford it will suffer

I bought a pack of Halloumi about a month ago, just checked and it does not go out of date till Feb '22 ! does this stuff not rot ? or, has it never been alive enough to rot, like margarine ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Pointing out the lies used to bring the country
to its current state, doesn't require 'handlers' just common sense. Own your shit and give up with pointing anywhere else.

Always good to point out the blatant hypocrisy of people who really don't give a shit about misleading political campaigns/lies (and actively peddle it) until a result doesn't go their way. The incessant whining from your camp is quite frankly embarrassing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So are we going to zero tarriff all imports and not protect out own industries?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Always good to point out the blatant hypocrisy of people who really don't give a shit about misleading political campaigns/lies (and actively peddle it) until a result doesn't go their way. The incessant whining from your camp is quite frankly embarrassing.

Are you ever likely to post a comment that isn't utter turd? I check in here, every so often, and whenever I come across any of yours, I'm just chuckling at the total nonsense you spout.
You're like a Ppf with half a brain - at least you're entertaining, if nothing else. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here