Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If you really want to keep pretending that you are two different people (for whatever reason) here's a few tips. Don't repeat the same phrase that was used on your alter ego a few hours earlier :facepalm:

Coincidentally, the only two times the phrase has ever appeared on this thread :lolol:

And try and remember which account does what.
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] - Angry Conservative party, Johnson, Brexit and Unionist supporter, who somehow managed to vote for a border in the Irish Sea, can't understand why the EU doesn't let us have access into the single market and complete autonomy from any of their rules governing it, and believes Johnson is doing an sterling job :dunce:
[MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] - Thumbs up every post I make and tries to post witty one liners - er that's it.

Now, each time you post angrily as POTG or start suddenly thumbing up my posts as JCFG it simply looks as if you too stupid run two accounts properly. Try and remember, if you're angry JCFG, if not POTG. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

You could always bookmark this post you can always come back and check before you post to make sure you are on the right account :wink:

that is very funny in a very sad way

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It’s a good job a hired gun isn’t after you, you can imagine the intel meeting.

Assassin’s questions to hirer,

Where does Watford Boomer hang out

Does he have any hobbies

What’s his route to work (joke)

Where does he buy his groceries

What time does he collect his prescription meds

Help me build a picture of where I can find him.

Hirer

Don’t worry yourself, you’ll find him on the NSC Brexit thread 7 days a week 8 hours a day repeating himself over and over again and getting stressed about NI borders in the sea and fishing quotas, he also talks about lorry parks in Kent a lot.

And he’s a winker boomer too [emoji6][emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]xxxx

blimey, you've gotta lotta time on your hands

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I’m really pleased you took my advice today a went to (walking I assume)football practice, I’m beginning to think looking at your other posts on NSC you don’t offer, how can I say this politely, variety that’s the word, anyway have a great evening in front of the PC jousting about Brexit and I’ll see you tomorrow, same time same place.... [emoji6][emoji6]

what do you do?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Sunlit uplands" latest. From those biased Remoaners at *checks notes* the UK Government.

UK facing risk of 'systemic economic crisis', official paper says

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-systemic-economic-crisis-official-paper-says

A confidential Cabinet Office briefing seen by the Guardian also warns of a “notable risk” that in coming months the country could face a perfect storm of simultaneous disasters, including the prospect of a bad flu season on top of the medical strains caused by Covid.

Now I'm sure our Brexit-supporting friends here won't dare click on the link to the Guardian (because they might catch Communism or something), so here are the really juicy points. So much winning!

Global and British food supply chains will be disrupted by “circumstances occurring concurrently at the end of the year”, the paper warns. Stockpiles built up at the end of 2019 were diminished during the pandemic and cannot easily be replenished. There will not be overall food shortages but problems could reduce availability of some fresh supplies and push up prices. Low income groups will be most at risk of food insecurity if there is a no-deal Brexit, including single parents, children in large families and those with disabilities.

Economic chaos could raise the risks of a breakdown in public order and a national mental health crisis, while reducing the “financial levers” available for the government to respond to other risks

There may also be an increase in “community tensions” and public disorder. Police tracked increases in Brexit-related hate crime in March 2019 and the end of that year

“The pandemic has and will continue to limit the capacity of the health and care sector to prepare for and respond to the end of the transition period,” it warns, noting expectations of a “sustained level of system disruption from November until at least April”.

A drop in imports of medicines is also flagged as a serious potential problem, with “a reasonable worst case flow rate of 60-80% of current levels”, putting patient safety at risk.

The government may struggle to get help from the private sector, as the pandemic has left many of the UK’s businesses with diminished capacity to deal with any financial shock caused by Brexit.

“The likelihood of commercial failures, including of major government contractors, has increased,”

Other concerns include shortages of chemicals needed to treat the water supply and veterinary medicines essential to the food chain.

Other fresh problems flagged up in the report include a potential 10 to 20% increase in travel insurance premiums for holidaymakers heading to the continent, now the European Union health insurance card is not valid, and people with pre-existing conditions may struggle to get coverage.

You guys must be super proud. It's what you voted for when you voted to Leave, and now it's being delivered. Hats off.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Spend every waking hour worrying about what you’re going to type next [emoji23]

Gosh, you're up early today. Probably the excitement of telling us exactly what you voted for 4.5 years ago gave you trouble sleeping.

Anyway, we'll start with something really simple, the NI/Ireland border and what you voted for there. This is where you got to just over a week ago

Sit down with the Irish & NI representatives and amend the GFA?
In the long run Ireland and NI re-uniting would resolve it as they would both be in the EU, but that would be a Looonnng game. Look how long and how much negotiation it took to stop the worst of the violence, which was something everyone wanted.

(Not particularly relevant, but the only time Ireland has been United in the last millennium was actually as part of Britain, so it's not really re-uniting ???)

What about a trade/customs only crossings on the border?
So border infrastructure? There are 300 crossing points
Mmmm, good point, maybe have designated trade crossings?
5 or six trade goods areas at various points on the border similar to the stations you see weighing lorry’s surely could work no?
But you then have to deal with smuggling across the whole border outside of those crossings. Those crossings would need be major as they would need to process all procedures, standards, tariffs etc, same as all UK ports. Unless there was a free trade deal of course, but to get that the UK would have to agree to EU regulations, and the border wouldn't be needed.

Mmm tricky, I’ll give it some more thought, thank you for your considered answers.

Of course, you don't have to tell us exactly what you voted for, you could simply say you don't know what you voted for, do a funny one-liner or come up with a load of whataboutism but I'm sure you're not the sort of person to do that in order to avoid a simple question.

Don't worry, once you've told us what you voted for on the NI/Ireland border, we'll go onto what you voted for on fishing rights and any deal with the EU :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really can't keep up with the daily Brexit stories, so maybe just this link for pages of them from the national press (including a fair selection regardless of deal or no deal :facepalm:)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit?ocid=mailsignout

Highlights today

No-deal Brexit could disrupt medicines and vaccine delivery, industry warns

Brexit news – live: Boris Johnson warned six months of port ‘mayhem’ ahead in 2021, even if trade deal agreed

EU tells banks to trade derivatives inside bloc after Brexit

UK auto industry warns of £55bn blow from 'no-deal' Brexit

Trial of Brexit border checks causes five-mile lorry queues in Kent

Brexit could affect economy for longer than COVID - BoE's Saunders

Biden’s secretary of state pick compared Brexit to ‘a dog being run over by a car'

Brexit and International Driving Permits: what you need to know

Secret Cabinet Office Brexit memo warns of 'economic crisis'

But it's probably all Project Fear though isn't it ???

Tick tock

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Gosh, you're up early today. Probably the excitement of telling us exactly what you voted for 4.5 years ago gave you trouble sleeping.

Anyway, we'll start with something really simple, the NI/Ireland border and what you voted for there. This is where you got to just over a week ago

Of course, you don't have to tell us exactly what you voted for, you could simply say you don't know what you voted for, do a funny one-liner or come up with a load of whataboutism but I'm sure you're not the sort of person to do that in order to avoid a simple question.

Don't worry, once you've told us what you voted for on the NI/Ireland border, we'll go onto what you voted for on fishing rights and any deal with the EU :wink:

Bang!!!!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bang!!!!!!

I've made you a little something to save you having to type so much in future.

Chicken run.jpg

No need to thank me, I'm off out now, have fun :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here