Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
OK that's me done, off to Bucharest tonight to help my mate out finalising this years strawberry pickers. We'll still need them after we've left, Brits still aren't interested despite the good money

Back saturday after we've left the EU, I'll miss all the fun. Hope all the Brexiters enjoy their night out at Spoons and Unicorn steak. Don't worry about the hangover, gonna last years so you may as well get smashed

Out of interest, what is the hourly rate for strawberry pickers that your friend is offering?

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well would you care to point out this 'response' ?

https://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=13594404

Although I'm guessing, for some strange reason, you won't ???

View attachment 119632

Oh dear ..... your ability to use the search function seems to have failed ! :facepalm:

Maybe YOU would like to answer the question I posed your friend Nick ? Where is the evidence that people from the UK won't be able to move to any of the EU 27 ? When do they plan to block up their borders ? Given you couldn't answer the question about 'odious procedures' in between GB and NI I won't hold my breath for a decent answer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh dear ..... your ability to use the search function seems to have failed ! :facepalm:

Maybe YOU would like to answer the question I posed your friend Nick ? Where is the evidence that people from the UK won't be able to move to any of the EU 27 ? When do they plan to block up their borders ? Given you couldn't answer the question about 'odious procedures' in between GB and NI I won't hold my breath for a decent answer.

I don't understand why you're so keen for an answer on this. Isn't it obvious that whilst there is no evidence that you wouldn't be able to move to the EU27, the EU would be within their rights to refuse permanent residence to British citizens in the absence of some sort of agreement? At the moment, FoM prohibits member states from doing exactly that.

Anyway, tomorrow is a sad day as far as I'm concerned. My kids have had certain rights taken away from them for reasons they don't really understand. Nor do I, come to think of it.

Democracy? Not really sure things are going to be any better there. I don't think I'll get my referendum (without influence from interested parties) on the future of the royal scroungers heading the state. What about Scotland, I doubt they will get self determination any time soon either.

We are already seeing how being in a bloc like the EU benefits members. Ireland (population 4m) has not been hung out to dry by the other 26. Instead, they've been backed to the hilt. Meanwhile, we all have a pretty good idea how our trade agreement with the US will play out, and we will be the losers.

Certain industries are going to be decimated. Science saddens me in particular. At least some of those in manufacturing actually voted for Brexit - they will reap what they sow.

I will try to bow out of this pitiful thread (maybe I won't manage it) because it will just go on and on, and I'm fairly certain that when this all goes wrong in the coming years, we are going to hear nothing but whinge about obstructive remainers and the bullying EU. It won't be the fault of deluded Brexiteers. That is what people will say on here.

Well done Brexiteers, you won, and I will try and make the best of it. But if I'm right and it does go wrong, at least have the stones to take responsibility for it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I had to check the date. Perhaps I'd missed March and not noticed the milder weather. Nope, not April 1st. I checked the search engines. No, this is not a joke.....

From the Conservative Party online pages..

I'm rather surprised that this is legal.

83513111_863550467407052_2259702257157144576_n.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I had to check the date. Perhaps I'd missed March and not noticed the milder weather. Nope, not April 1st. I checked the search engines. No, this is not a joke.....

From the Conservative Party online pages..

I'm rather surprised that this is legal.

View attachment 119642

I can't see any proof that it's legit, even though those spunk monkeys would probably do that, given how little contempt they show for people.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually, the true face of one of this thread's leading Brexiteers. I simply highlighting them.

And I am not Left, as it happens. So what is your point here?

Come off it. Spare us the bullshit - and the lies.

"Swamp-dwelling lying weasel, get back in your sewer." was an abusive reply - by a remainer - to a brexit supporter's post on here. The post was #109432 and the remainer posting the abuse was you.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
At 11pm tomorrow their will be no such thing as a remainer, you cant remain in something we are no longer in.....

Enjoy your last night as Remainers as tomorrow you will be leavers

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I always check such things these days. It is true. Though I am not surprised by anyone's doubt.

Here's the Daily Express link:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...qS0FzHdwbEL91UpUglVxOyQdsWg98_AJo-M43RdDg3wWY

Tory page:

https://www.conservatives.com/donations/Own-Brexit

I know. It's hard to believe.

Incredible. Signed agreements belong to the National Records. It must be a copy they’re raffling. One way of conning people out of money, I suppose. Farage is good at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here