Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No point defacing those 50p coins or getting too angst-y about them, just do what I'm going to and every time I get one I'll send it on to a refugee charity so some good can come out of it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Like billions of public money on no deal Brexit planning last year to deal with a situation created by themselves...

yes , that kind of crap exactly....... our govt. has signed a 5 billion deal( 3 yrs ago) with a French company to supply nuclear submarines , the company in france is now under investigation for bribing a former malaysian minister to get a similar contract ...so far production has not started and there are all sorts of figures being chucked around regarding the downpayment but rumoured to be 500 million...!! it's a ****ing joke

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
my goodness some proper shit puffinry on this thread on both sides of the argument,embarrassing. Toys getting chucked left right and centre " gammons" to the right " squealing spoilt brats" to the left , everyone biting good and proper.............you know what , when i was back in UK in June no one gave a shit about Brexit and no one wanted to talk about it......so much easier to be a little internet warrior from the safety of your desk.

To be fair I'm sure no one really wanted to talk politics with the pissed up guy harassing the barmaid.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
7419142.jpg

27048EA700000578-3011690-Mr_Bercow_earlier_insisted_he_is_not_going_anywhere_after_it_eme-a-92_1427390027683.jpg
:D

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good to see a prominent Brexiter admitting the devaluation of Sterling as a result of Brexit and that the 50p pieces are worth a lot less than they would have been.

She needs them. At best she's a Poundland Katie Hopkins.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You'd run the risk of the vitriolic hatred of JCPasta of course but thank you for replying. Given your reply can I take it that you respect the position of many of your opponents on this thread?

I would still vote to remain out of the EU if a re-join referendum came up, it would be as divisive as the last one (cant see parliament wanting one for many years) but nothing could persuade me to willingly choose to allow decision powers to be ceded once again to Brussels in a pooled sovereignty environment. Nothing.
But if the pro membership lobby had somehow successfully persuaded the public to vote in favour of re-joining, despite no more opt outs, no rebate and an accession commitment toward the Euro, and the result was a win for re-join, I would respect that referendum decision and accept the result to re-join.
I would certainly not attempt to stop that referendum decision outcome from happening and would not support resistance to the process of re-joining the EU if re-join had won. If parliament was majority pro staying out of the EU at the time of said re-joining referendum and didn’t like the result the people gave, tried their utmost to make the public vote again or even worse tried to simply say “ screw that, we don’t care what the public voted for, we are going to ignore the decision to re-join and stay out anyway I would be as unhappy as the re-joiners who would be feeling cheated.

I couldn’t foresee anyway stay-outers, following a vote, resisting a referendum decision to re-join and trying to stop it from happening. Please don’t try and tar us with your brush.
Cue the usual suspects who think Farage wanting another go, at some unknown time in the future at overturning the status quo, if leavers ended up losing by a short margin, is the same as ignoring enacting a decision following a vote. It really isnt.

Why that conclusion?,
All he appears to be saying is if there was a re-join referendum he would support the side that didn’t want to re-join during that referendum campaign, its not as if he was saying he would refuse to accept a vote winning decision to re-join as he clearly says he doesn’t believe the rejoiners would be successful anyway. Whats wrong with that?

I am afraid you are making things up.

I am not criticising the poster concerned at all, but I had asked Ppf whether, in the event of the public voting to return to the EU, he would resist that happening. Ppf obviously ignored the question but the poster you mentioned said that he would indeed campaign against it happening. This is reasonable in my view, especially as my hypothesis implied that the winning vote was achieved by lies and exaggerations.

I doubt the circumstances would arise but if they did you offer a lovely vision of anti-EU membership campaigners silently by marching in protest, signing petitions, peacefully protesting and carefully invoking the law while JCPasta, 2prof and all the rest leap up and down on here wailing that Dominic Cummins and the rest are lying, cheating, whining, crying hypocritical swamp-dwellers. Can't see it myself.

For reference: If a group of membership-supporters managed to persuade the voting public that returning to the EU would be a surefire route to a land of milk and honey would you sit back and let it all happen, silent apart from a whistle of acceptance?

I thought he was saying he would campaign against rejoining the EU during the ref campaign, in the same way you would campaign to rejoin during the ref campaign. His obvious reference to the voters not actually returning a decision to rejoin anyway suggests he would have no need to campaign against rejoining after the decision has been made following the campaign and vote taking place as it would have returned a vote to stay out anyway.

If rejoin had won and hypothetically he was saying ignore that decision, i like you would be saying wind your neck in, rejoin won. But i dont think he was suggesting he would do that anyway.
I cant be arsed, but why dont you ask him for clarification

It might have been simpler for you to have said: "Sorry. Misread the original post."

BTW, where on earth did I say 'wind your neck in, rejoin won'? (I'm not expecting an answer though - easier for you to announce that you can't be arsed with boring hypotheses.)

Thought is was worth clarifying what I meant just to bring this little discussion to an end. If after we've left there was a campaign to re-join and that campaign successfully get a referendum then I would STILL want us to stay out and would vote that way. If the vote was to rejoin then I would accept the result and expect the result to be honoured and enacted.

And to reply to your direct question Mr Imp - yes, I respect the views of those that wish to remain generally. Hell, I know there are downsides to us leaving. BUT ..... I tend to lose that respect with some of the posters on here due to how and what they post. There are some sensible posters who respect my views and I theirs ( [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] for example ) and which can lead to mature debate despite disagreeing. There are others who exude an air of arrogance ( "how could you be so stupid" type attitude ) and others who are just downright abusive - these posters are best responded to with a fire meets fire style - I'm sure you can identify these posters for yourself.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Good. So explain how somebody, who is white, and English, calling some other peope, who are white, and English 'gammon' is racism?

The term “ G****n” is used as derogatory remark specifically targeting a persons skin colour, it has been thrown around with gusto since around about the time of a the referendum, that referendum was to remain or leave the EU, the leave option was chosen by the British public. Since then there has been a full on strop from a very vocal minority “ g*****n don’t know what they voted for, g*****n are racist, g****n didn’t go to Uni so have no right to vote” it goes on , only yesterday celebrity coke head Terry Christian went into a full meltdown of hatred against those that had the bare faced cheek to vote the way he did not like.
Individuals that use the phrase g****n know exactly what they are doing, those that encourage and endorse the phrase also know what they are doing. It is intended as an insult.

We are all on our way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here