Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some people don't buy things for money/investment purposes. They simply buy them to commemorate and remember a great and momentous day in our history. Thought it might go above your head.

Maybe you could save some for that person who posts as Baker Lite to use :wink: He seems to have been begging spare change since the election.

I should have been more specific, I of course I listen to his dripping and whining, I choose not to heed his pearls of invaluable advice..
Got any 50 pence pieces you don’t need?..

On our way.

But I have to say, you did well to buy one two days before they are actually released, because you wouldn't bullshit would you

(It's what's called doing a two profs :shootself)

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What changes at 11pm in Friday though is Brexiters own the project, time to take 100% ownership. No one to blame but themselves.

We've heard all the rhetoric, time to deliver

They also don't get to cite the referendum anymore as justification for anything. Once we're through 23.00 on 31/01 they lose that and everything is an active choice, which means they can't object to things they don't like because "democracy".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They simply buy them to commemorate and remember a great and momentous day in our history.

Some other "great and momentous" days in our history...

hqdefault.jpg

32522d8969d899029c839b10ca19ea56.jpg

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As we're going back to how things used to be and they love their nostalgia so much, I'm surprised a special commemorative 10 Bob note hasn't been issued alongside the 50 pence piece it replaced in the good old days. :shrug:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We will be members of the EU in all but name until at least the end of 2020. The gloating and bell bonging are all a bit premature.

....and totally unnecessary.
We should all be remembering more important things in life at this time, than leaving a bloody trading bloc. Every channel should be devoting time to reflect on the most heinous period in history, when the very essence of mankind was threatened by a nation only a few hundred miles away and only one lifetime ago. To see people in their late 80's and 90's cry openly all these years on tells us all we need to know, as opposed to sick individuals trying to rewrite history and deny atrocities that were beyond imagination.
Puts all the petty squabbling on this thread over economic matters ( national and personal ) into context. Sums up how insecure and selfish we have all become, I guess. No balance anymore. One side claiming they have won the battle and we must all move on, the other side declaring they want nothing to do with it and we can all rot in the stew of our own making.
Whatever the downsides or upsides are of leaving the EU, one thing is for sure, they will not be a threat to humanity and world order.
( p.s.........You can shove that 50p piece where the sun don't shine as well )

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Never run from anything in my life David..

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good. So explain how somebody, who is white, and English, calling some other peope, who are white, and English 'gammon' is racism?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my goodness some proper shit puffinry on this thread on both sides of the argument,embarrassing. Toys getting chucked left right and centre " gammons" to the right " squealing spoilt brats" to the left , everyone biting good and proper.............you know what , when i was back in UK in June no one gave a shit about Brexit and no one wanted to talk about it......so much easier to be a little internet warrior from the safety of your desk.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As we're going back to how things used to be and they love their nostalgia so much, I'm surprised a special commemorative 10 Bob note hasn't been issued alongside the 50 pence piece it replaced in the good old days. :shrug:

Instead we are getting another lovely polymer note ( £20 ) that is difficult to count, retains creases and won't lay flat. Still, its all about keeping fraud down and isn't a threat to mankind, so hey ho. No news on the £50 note, though. This is key for me. I've got thousands of the things squirrelled away in different places ( I'm from the Ken Dodd/Lester Pigott school of financial management ) and if they are changing, I need to attend a few race meetings and unload some of them.
Why is a Mars bar like a penis? Because every time you look at it you think...' I'm sure this is getting smaller '

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
my goodness some proper shit puffinry on this thread on both sides of the argument,embarrassing. Toys getting chucked left right and centre " gammons" to the right " squealing spoilt brats" to the left , everyone biting good and proper.............you know what , when i was back in UK in June no one gave a shit about Brexit and no one wanted to talk about it......so much easier to be a little internet warrior from the safety of your desk.

Most people have moved on and are getting on with their lives and not worrying themselves shitless about something over which they have little or no influence. Time for a bit of perspective and what better time now, 75 years on, from something really important in life.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Most people have moved on and are getting on with their lives and not worrying themselves shitless about something over which they have little or no influence. Time for a bit of perspective and what better time now, 75 years on, from something really important in life.

yep , all it has done is divide the public community as close to 50 /50 as is possible , we are to busy hissing at each other to bother about the fact that we are getting rinsed/gouged just about every day and the wanton waste of public money by people in power....makes me sick.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
yep , all it has done is divide the public community as close to 50 /50 as is possible , we are to busy hissing at each other to bother about the fact that we are getting rinsed/gouged just about every day and the wanton waste of public money by people in power....makes me sick.

Like billions of public money on no deal Brexit planning last year to deal with a situation created by themselves...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Instead we are getting another lovely polymer note ( £20 ) that is difficult to count, retains creases and won't lay flat. Still, its all about keeping fraud down and isn't a threat to mankind, so hey ho. No news on the £50 note, though. This is key for me. I've got thousands of the things squirrelled away in different places ( I'm from the Ken Dodd/Lester Pigott school of financial management ) and if they are changing, I need to attend a few race meetings and unload some of them.
Why is a Mars bar like a penis? Because every time you look at it you think...' I'm sure this is getting smaller '

£50 notes - well dodgy.

Last time I ever had any was in 2009. I sold a gold signet ring I no longer wore and a chain to one of those pop up gold exchange counters you used to get in shopping centres everywhere in the financial crisis aftermath. This was Royal Victoria Place in Tunbridge Wells and 2 cockney wide boys were running it and one of them put his eye piece in, perused the lot and offered me £150 for it all which I took, paid out in 3 notes with no questions asked about me or the origins of the gold jewellery.

Great fun trying to get rid of them - one was to a barmaid who was an idiot one Saturday lunchtime and she accepted it no questions as I suspected, one was for a train ticket and the bloke at the ticket office gave me a dodgy look and checked it thoroughly before issuing the rail ticket and the last one I disposed off in Wetherspoon's - it was checked on both UV machines and then accepted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here