Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As an ex-actor I know you like to over dramatise things but this bit is utterly not true - "shoulder any rules and regs they decide to put upon us" - after 31st Jan any new rules the EU decide upon we don't have to implement them.

Equally we can make any new laws we like - we can drop VAT to 5% for example. So much for no decision making power :facepalm:

Come come WS. Now, you “won” the referendum. As loaded as that particular dice was. But it’s going ahead. Accepted. But really, don’t expect anyone to take anything you say in any way seriously. Behave! You simply don’t have the credibility.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So glad that bloke shouting " stop brexit " has to get a proper job now. Done my head in for 3 years

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You should have read the other two as well, not just the first.
Whilst in the first article Full Fact cant say for sure as the Manchester Metropolitan University Crowd Science Dept wasn’t able to assist, they put the estimate on the high side and do dispute the methodology the peoples march used.
In the 2nd and 3rd articles, that you didn’t read, there are links to input from the Manchester Metropolitan University Crowd Science Dept who definitely do dispute the peoples march claims.
Even if you take the first 670,000 as gospel it still doesn’t add up to anywhere near 2.7 million.
I don’t think anyone is surprised the average remoaner(not the same as remainer) believes 2.7 million to be accurate.

Still, two million of your swamp-dwellers walking along wasn't so bad, even an aggressive Brexit shouter (not the same as Leave voter) might agree. Relax though, you managed a majority that cool summer Thursday and soon you will see the payback.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You may well be right, but again, on what basis do you make that claim? Evidence?

I assume that brain surgeons and nuclear physicists that cross dozens of war ravaged European countries, leaving their wives and children behind aren’t coming here for any other reason...

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The genius 2Profs.

Talking of which [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] account seems to have been completely silent since he 'did a [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]'*

*Getting so involved in an internet spat that you inadvertently publish personal information that would be better left unpublished :lolol:

I guess he's now using one of his other accounts ???

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I assume that brain surgeons and nuclear physicists that cross dozens of war ravaged European countries, leaving their wives and children behind aren’t coming here for any other reason...

On our way.

Where did you get this claim from?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As an ex-actor I know you like to over dramatise things but this bit is utterly not true - "shoulder any rules and regs they decide to put upon us" - after 31st Jan any new rules the EU decide upon we don't have to implement them.

Equally we can make any new laws we like - we can drop VAT to 5% for example. So much for no decision making power :facepalm:

I suppose you must be right but I thought we were tied into the EU vat regime until the end of the transition period. And will we be able to introduce any new trading rules we might want, right away?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You should go to some of the EU 27, the treatment of foreign nationals there is absolutely abhorrent..

On our way..

From my experience travelling in Europe, there is some truth in this... but it certainly doesn't apply to all. Much as I would wish it to be true, I still don't see how you justify the claim that Britain is THE most tolerant country in the world. Seems to me we struggle to tolerate each other!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
You should go to some of the EU 27, the treatment of foreign nationals there is absolutely abhorrent..

On our way..

I spend a lot of time in EU27 and it strikes me that your sweeping generalisation is typical of the false assumptions and misinformation that resulted in the referendum result. I bet you could not produce one shred of evidence to back your claim other than sensationalist tabloid rubbish.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
From my experience travelling in Europe, there is some truth in this... but it certainly doesn't apply to all. Much as I would wish it to be true, I still don't see how you justify the claim that Britain is THE most tolerant country in the world. Seems to me we struggle to tolerate each other!

Having travelled extensively in Europe, lived on continental European for 3 years and love Europe with a passion, I personally can say that The United Kingdom is THE most tolerant country on the planet.

We’re all on our way..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yep. At 11pm on the 31st January we become serfs to the EU. We hand our vote back, shoulder any rules and regs they decide to put upon us and all while we are paying them back billions. We enter into indentured servitude. Our decision making power is essentially withdrawn for potentially, years.

I think Brexiteers are celebrating far too soon. But they will have nobody to blame but themselves and the government that fooled them into voting for them.

Some people are in for a very rude awakening. One almost feels sorry for them. Almost.

You cant be this chuffing stupid......oh wait, its you, of course you can.

Still, two million of your swamp-dwellers walking along wasn't so bad, even an aggressive Brexit shouter (not the same as Leave voter) might agree. Relax though, you managed a majority that cool summer Thursday and soon you will see the payback.

Dont recall swamp dwelling remoaners gathering in the number of 2 million

Talking of which [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] account seems to have been completely silent since he 'did a [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]'*

*Getting so involved in an internet spat that you inadvertently publish personal information that would be better left unpublished :lolol:

I guess he's now using one of his other accounts ???

Gullible berk as ever i see

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I spend a lot of time in EU27 and it strikes me that your sweeping generalisation is typical of the false assumptions and misinformation that resulted in the referendum result. I bet you could not produce one shred of evidence to back your claim other than sensationalist tabloid rubbish.

Oh dear [emoji2359]

On our way.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Having travelled extensively in Europe, lived on continental European for 3 years and love Europe with a passion, I personally can say that The United Kingdom is THE most tolerant country on the planet.

We’re all on our way..

But of course the planet reaches beyond Europe - and I am still interested in how you make objective comparisons to draw that conclusion.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here