Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
But what about those of us that don't deserve it?

Not to worry. Looking forward to getting January behind us. My focus is on trying to help my children avoid the worst consequence.
Well that's how democracy works i'm afraid , you've had your three years of stalling, time to leave that all in the past
regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I fear you represent the views of more Leave voters than most other Brexiters on here. So you should be proud. They should be concerned. And the rest of us, about 50 per cent of the population, should be ashamed of where this lovely old country has gone.

**12-year-old Afghan child is picked up on Kent beach. No English. No parents. Distant relatives known to live in UK. Social worker: "I have checked and the relatives are prepared to take him in." PPF (in uniform and wearing shiny peaked cap with 'Get Brexit Done' logo): "Bugger off weeping child. You have no rights to be in our glorious kingdom. Get back in that dinghy IMMEDIATELY."** You can but dream, Das.

Come off it. He doesn't have sufficient command of the Queen's english to trot out that sort of coherence. :shrug:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Like many, especially my fellow Remainers I suspect, I've tried to make the last few weeks a Brexit-free zone. But you can't escape it. This morning R5 was based in Holyhead, which will of course be at the front line of the post Brexit trading relationship with Ireland.
There was a degree of confidence expressed. For one thing Stenna has invested a new fleet - although this was a decision made before the referendum. There was a lot of chat about just how important the success of the port was to the north of Wales.
How would Brexit impact on the cross-Irish Sea trade? No-one was definitive as of course no-one knows how things will pan out. There were some hints though. Clearly any loss of trade will (must) adversely impact the port. Any new trade barriers will (must) result in the loss of cross Irish Sea trade. Any additional delays at the port will (must) also result in traffic backing up.
So here's a double-whammy - less trade/more congestion. The port and its hinterland will (must) suffer.
This area, like most of Wales, was a strong Leave area. When the local expert was asked why, his answer was simple: they wanted more and better paid jobs.
Did people really know what they were voting for? What's the betting that when the sh8t hits the fan, a lot of people will be asking 'why weren't we told about this?'

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1215240456335974400[/TWEET]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[TWEET]1215240456335974400[/TWEET]

do we know what ministers response was? i say as the video cuts off. im not sure who would count a unanswered question as evidence of anything.

Edit: read the Hansard transcript. typical minister non answer.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Like many, especially my fellow Remainers I suspect, I've tried to make the last few weeks a Brexit-free zone. But you can't escape it. This morning R5 was based in Holyhead, which will of course be at the front line of the post Brexit trading relationship with Ireland.
There was a degree of confidence expressed. For one thing Stenna has invested a new fleet - although this was a decision made before the referendum. There was a lot of chat about just how important the success of the port was to the north of Wales.
How would Brexit impact on the cross-Irish Sea trade? No-one was definitive as of course no-one knows how things will pan out. There were some hints though. Clearly any loss of trade will (must) adversely impact the port. Any new trade barriers will (must) result in the loss of cross Irish Sea trade. Any additional delays at the port will (must) also result in traffic backing up.
So here's a double-whammy - less trade/more congestion. The port and its hinterland will (must) suffer.
This area, like most of Wales, was a strong Leave area. When the local expert was asked why, his answer was simple: they wanted more and better paid jobs.
Did people really know what they were voting for? What's the betting that when the sh8t hits the fan, a lot of people will be asking 'why weren't we told about this?'

They will be obliged to do what Leave voters do on here; exult in having won an argument, whatever the personal cost.....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I can’t believe this thread is still going

It’s over, move on, get yourselves over to the Royal Threads and have a whine up on there or better still go and pick some litter up[emoji23]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can’t believe this thread is still going

It’s over, move on, get yourselves over to the Royal Threads and have a whine up on there or better still go and pick some litter up[emoji23]

You do understand that 'Get Brexit Done' was actually a campaign slogan and not a statement of fact :facepalm:

You most certainly 'won', but

When we have actually left the EU, completed the 'implementation period', paid the divorce bill, got replacement trade deals with the EU and for the other 40 trade deals, agreed what is happening on the border in the Irish Sea and how industries dependant on Imports and Exports will actually operate, and the impact on them and the economy, then you may start to get an idea of what it is you have 'won'.

And then it will be over :thumbsup:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
WATFORD zero;9200475[B said:
You do understand that 'Get Brexit Done' was actually a campaign slogan and not a statement of fact:facepalm:[/B]

You most certainly 'won', but

When we have actually left the EU, completed the 'implementation period', paid the divorce bill, got replacement trade deals with the EU and for the other 40 trade deals, agreed what is happening on the border in the Irish Sea and how industries dependant on Imports and Exports will actually operate, and the impact on them and the economy, then you may start to get an idea of what it is you have 'won'.

And then it will be over :thumbsup:

No he clearly doesn't.
There is a widespread simplistic notion that 'the argument' is all that matters and it is finished.
In that view, dealing with its consequences is for someone else......

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's out of our hands now, we will get the deal/no deal and it will be voted through by the massive and unquestioning Tory majority. We will all suffer in one way or another, be it in financial or other ways. All we can hope for is a return to common sense sometime in the next 5-10 years and an attempt to get back to closer union with the EU.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry that anyone actually thinks that brexit will be done by the end of the month. It is mind boggling.

The quick and easy first stage will be done. The longer and more difficult second phase will then begin.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry that anyone actually thinks that brexit will be done by the end of the month. It is mind boggling.

The quick and easy first stage will be done. The longer and more difficult second phase will then begin.

Agreed. The noises coming from the EU - especially since Junker has gone - have actually been pretty constructive BUT realistic in the scepticism about Johnson's self imposed timetable. Now we are getting out and the argument has been 'won', there's surely a case for getting it right and taking the time to do so. Even politically, with Johnson's huge majority and the implosion of the Brexit Party, he's under no pressure to get it done with indecent haste. It's just grandstanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here