Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So have I got this right? I give you a 110-page Withdrawal Agreement with 300+ pages of supporting text and no Economic Impact Assessment, and if you won't wave it through inside a few days then we're pulling the Bill and having a General Election?

All this on the back of illegally proroguing Parliament and then writing 2 letters to the EU.

I haven't seen such naivety since the days of the primary school playground. Exactly who is advising Boris? Tucker Jenkins, Pogo Patterson and Gripper Stebson??

That oily bellfinish Rees-Mogg was asked twice about the Economic Impact Assessment yesterday in the House. His response was simply something like 'oh, an economist will always give you the answer you want'. What sort of answer was that? At a stroke he managed to insult the House and Economists. Of course we know the real answer: any assessment would be totally damning. This lofty born-to-rule contempt just makes them look more like a morally bankrupt government.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I disagree as to have another referendum would be the biggest affront to democracy. The referendum, as promised , was held and a result determined and as such should be acted on. Anything else is wrong. End of story.

As we've seen pretty much every day since June 2016, it's not *quite* as simplistic and straightforward as that, BG.

It's certainly NOT the end of story, nor will the 31st October – whatever happens – or the date that we leave the EU (if we do). I'm not sure quite why people a) think that Brexit will be 'done' by the date Johnson says and b) why they believe a word he says in the first place :dunce:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I disagree as to have another referendum would be the biggest affront to democracy. The referendum, as promised , was held and a result determined and as such should be acted on. Anything else is wrong. End of story.

I also don't believe a referendum is the answer. It wasn't in 2016 and it isn't now. Only a hard revoking of A50 can sort this mess out. As for all your other Alf Garnett waffle? Not even worth commenting on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lol, leaving without another referendum is an affront to democracy... I have heard it all now.

I voted remain, but there should not be another vote.

I agree. People are far too stupid to vote on this. It needs to be revoked. But if we are to leave then a nod to democracy with a second referendum would be polite.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As we've seen pretty much every day since June 2016, it's not *quite* as simplistic and straightforward as that, BG.

It's certainly NOT the end of story, nor will the 31st October – whatever happens – or the date that we leave the EU (if we do). I'm not sure quite why people a) think that Brexit will be 'done' by the date Johnson says and b) why they believe a word he says in the first place :dunce:

It wont be the end of the story but it should be and would have been had the remainer MPs and the biased Speaker agreed to accept that they lost and accept the result. Unfortunately none of them did and that has caused this mess.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lol, leaving without another referendum is an affront to democracy... I have heard it all now.

I voted remain, but there should not be another vote.

How about putting forward a bill that fulfils none of the promises made by the Leave campaign? Is that an affront to democracy? Because that's what is happening at the moment.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It wont be the end of the story but it should be and would have been had the remainer MPs and the biased Speaker agreed to accept that they lost and accept the result. Unfortunately none of them did and that has caused this mess.

Normally I give your uniformed pointless dribblings the level of attention they obviously deserve, but on this one occasion I have to point out the blindingly obvious.

'This mess' has been caused by you, not understanding what you were voting for, pure and simple. I don't have the faintest idea what, in your mind, you thought was going to happen, as a result of what you did, but it was fairly obvious to anyone who gave it any thought whatsoever.

It's nobody else's fault. Totally yours. :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I think you'll find it's clueless old ***** like you that caused this mess. :thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So if Johnson's timetable isn't agreed, he's taking his ball home ?

You couldn't make it up :lolol:

Off out for some sunshine :wave:

I'm surprised by the lack of comment on this. Maybe I shouldn't be the basis I wasn't surprised when I became aware of it.

Further bad faith activity on the part of ABdPBJ.

I can only assume that is this is so unusual, there is no rule to cover it. On any analysis it is an attempt to unduly influence voting. The obvious solution is that if a motion/paper or what not will only be allowed on a desired decision on a preliminary procedural motion or what not, the procedural motion should not be allowed. Maybe the treacherous speaker has that power but has decided not to use it?

ABdPBJ is really playing with fire now. He plainly sees this tactic as a win, win for him on the basis that an element of the electorate will hold him in high regard for his toughness, but he risks losing the support of those that are uncomfortable with constitutional bullying (term just used by one of the sacked by him MPs).

What a terrible state.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately, unlike many on here who profess to be knowledgeable and superior, I can only vote based on what I hear or read and I think that goes for most of the voting public as we are not all experts in these matters.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Unfortunately, unlike many on here who profess to be knowledgeable and superior, I can only vote based on what I hear or read and I think that goes for most of the voting public as we are not all experts in these matters.

:facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Normally I give your uniformed pointless dribblings the level of attention they obviously deserve, but on this one occasion I have to point out the blindingly obvious.

'This mess' has been caused by you, not understanding what you were voting for, pure and simple. I don't have the faintest idea what, in your mind, you thought was going to happen, as a result of what you did, but it was fairly obvious to anyone who gave it any thought whatsoever.

It's nobody else's fault. Totally yours. :facepalm:

Well no, to be fair, if Brexit doesn't happen on 31st October it's Boris Johnson's fault as well. HE is the one who said over and over and over that we would leave. HE is the one who said he would get a better deal and get it through Parliament. HE is the one who chucked out a load of his own MPs and further screwed himself. And HE is the one who is meant to be in charge and at the top of the tree. The buck stops firmly with him. Boorish, lying and deceitful toad that he is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you had heard the call you would have been really, really worried! The lady said it was a good deal and that it should be passed as quickly as possible...

When asked what was the best thing about the deal the lady stumbled and said " There are many good things in this deal.. " when asked " What in particular is good about the deal? " ... She said she hadn't read it and had no idea what was in it!

She rang the James O'Brien show, called him Nick three times, although he was polite enough to only correct her once, and couldn't answer his question, but was determined it was good.
She then got huffy when he asked her how she knew it was a good deal, when she hadn't read it, and then played the victim when he insisted on an answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here