Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Pretty obvious, not many proud Englishman were going to go on that march ....

Time for you to finally come to terms with the fact we are a decent, fair-minded, democratic country that enacts democratic results nicko. Hopefully you can get on with your life and do something worthwhile with all your spare time.
Democracy does not mean winner takes all.

You still haven't been able to state 1 tangible reason why we should

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
If the leavers are so convinced that they are enacting the 'will of the people' why are they so scared of a confirmatory vote? Fair question?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It doesn't matter what you believe. Many people would feel betrayed and there would be damaging consequences, fortunately I believe the moderate forces of democracy, fairness and freedom will prevail and we will leave.

You have every right to feel betrayed, infact I consider many leavers as victims. You were lead astray by the dark money that pedaled all the lies, nothing has been delivered. Understandably its hard to concede you were done.

The solution....

BUY MORE SNAKEOIL AND HOPE

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Funny how there were flags from all of the Union bar England. You've made the English flag toxic due to your isolationist attitude. Parallel's of what the BNP did to Union Jack....

Many Welsh nationalists and Scottish nationalists are paradoxically very pro-EU and much like your good self have far more of an allegiance to the EU flag than the Union flag ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It doesn't matter what you believe. Many people would feel betrayed and there would be damaging consequences, fortunately I believe the moderate forces of democracy, fairness and freedom will prevail and we will leave.

People would feel betrayed because they've believed the lies, and still do.
There will be damaging consequences now either way.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If the leavers are so convinced that they are enacting the 'will of the people' why are they so scared of a confirmatory vote? Fair question?

Not scared. It's just irrelevant. Why do we need to, when it's already been done? My referendum voting slip did not say 'Best of 3'. Happy for a 'This Deal or No Deal' exit referendum.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I do hope so. I am deeply concerned about the consequences 'on the streets' should the powers that be turn around one day and say "you know what, it's not worth it and we might as well stay in the EuroGang".

Many want that, but I seriously would worry about that, and the rise of 'extreme' parties that will otherwise disappear.

Just imagine the aftermath of a Remain vote in a Second Referendum: the pound immediately strengthens, people can afford to buy a foreign holiday, food prices in the shops start to go down, business has certainty restored, immigrants are allowed to stay here, Brits abroad can access EU healthcare and the news returns to talking about ordinary stuff once again. What a nightmare scenario indeed!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just imagine the aftermath of a Remain vote in a Second Referendum: the pound immediately strengthens, people can afford to buy a foreign holiday, food prices in the shops start to go down, business has certainty restored, immigrants are allowed to stay here, Brits abroad can access EU healthcare and the news returns to talking about ordinary stuff once again. What a nightmare scenario indeed!

Deep meadows yet, for to forget
The lies, and truths, and pain? . . . oh! yet
Stands the Church clock at ten to three?
And is there honey still for tea?

- Rupert Brooke

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
70% Remain constituency

[tweet]1186588472766816256[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not scared. It's just irrelevant. Why do we need to, when it's already been done? My referendum voting slip did not say 'Best of 3'. Happy for a 'This Deal or No Deal' exit referendum.

When the vote happened in 2016, you knew what remain was, but leave was lots of different things depending on who you listened to,

Now we know what leave is and basically, not much like it was promised. So you are now terrified what people think.

Far easier to bury it in a General Election, eh?

Jan 30, 2008

Sweet Dreams
Regards
DF

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
People would feel betrayed because they've believed the lies, and still do.
There will be damaging consequences now either way.

Feel betrayed if their democratic choice was not enacted despite the numerous promises, manifesto commitments and votes confirming it would be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here