Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
and replace them with?

Any government that can bring this process to a swift end! My preference would be a Lab-Lib Dem coalition so that Corbyn is kept on a leash. The important thing is that the people get to vote to kill off Brexit rather than the Lib Dem’s just doing it on their own.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
By people who have not read it?

Now the detail is out, it seems this bill will get obliterated. Makes sense when you consider that the hard right ERG are behind it. Once it crashes and burns, the EU will agree the extension then we can finally kick this awful government out in an election.

Was up late last night emailing on all MP's on the margins, whatever happens this deal needs proper scrutiny.

Seems, the more it is read the more questions need to be answered. Little surprise seems to be plenty of stuff that suggests abuse of executive power.

BJ's biggest issue is trust, and when you are in a minority administration you need this

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
By people who have not read it?

Now the detail is out, it seems this bill will get obliterated. Makes sense when you consider that the hard right ERG are behind it. Once it crashes and burns, the EU will agree the extension then we can finally kick this awful government out in an election.

....and then get who? The alternatives are pitiful. Never seen in my lifetime such a ragbag of inadequates. Corbyn and Swinson are out of their depth. Too much apathy and indifference has allowed this rabble to become established and think they are untouchable. Their arrogance is breathtaking, some changing parties at will and expecting their local electorate to remain faithful. The next GE will be laughable. Votes cut and carved in all directions, with no clarity. A complete and utter mess
Their is much worse to come.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And all polls on a GE have the Tories ahead so I think your second wish may well not happen.

Being ahead in the polls isn't an indication that the Tories will get a majority. Theresa May lost her majority in 2017, despite being ahead in the polls.
Boris Johnson is in deficit at the moment so would need a massive swing to gain overall control.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Its not the Tories decision to have a GE of course
That is why Johnson needs this bill passed before Oct 31st. IF there is an extension granted, the Government falls on Nov 1st - and all unfinished legislation falls away.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For what it’s worth, I think you’ll get your Brexit. Brexiteers and Tory’s should be thoroughly ashamed of how they have conducted themselves over the last three years and four months. You won’t accept any of the blame for any of the fallout but yeah, I think we will leave. It’ll be a disaster in any guise but I think it will happen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So, we have a PM that lied throughout the leave campaign, has been sacked twice for lying, was filmed and recorded by members of the press telling a man there was no press there, is telling ERG members that voting for his deal opens up the "opportunity" of a No Deal Brexit, and is telling those in his party against a No Deal that he will get a trade deal done, has appointed a man found to be in contempt of Parliament as his chief advisor, prorogued Parliament unlawfully, is under investigation for misuse of public funds, is unable to sue for libel or slander anyone that calls him a racist and a liar, but for some leavers, it's Bercow that is the man we must get rid of, even though he is standing down in a few days anyway.

Bercow actually did a lot to allow the referendum to take place, leavers seem to forget that.

Hopefully we will see Harriet Harman in the post soon, should please Tories...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
For what it’s worth, I think you’ll get your Brexit. Brexiteers and Tory’s should be thoroughly ashamed of how they have conducted themselves over the last three years and four months. You won’t accept any of the blame for any of the fallout but yeah, I think we will leave. It’ll be a disaster in any guise but I think it will happen.

I do hope so. I am deeply concerned about the consequences 'on the streets' should the powers that be turn around one day and say "you know what, it's not worth it and we might as well stay in the EuroGang".

Many want that, but I seriously would worry about that, and the rise of 'extreme' parties that will otherwise disappear.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do hope so. I am deeply concerned about the consequences 'on the streets' should the powers that be turn around one day and say "you know what, it's not worth it and we might as well stay in the EuroGang".

Many want that, but I seriously would worry about that, and the rise of 'extreme' parties that will otherwise disappear.

I think we all know it’ll be some skin heads shouting at coppers and a few overturned bins before you all go back to not caring about being in the EU.

December 2015 less than 1% of the population cited EU membership as a concern. Less than 1%.
That’s how it Would go back to.

But I’ve given up all hope of a sensible end to this and I prepare for the worst. As you should. It’ll be the end of the U.K. for a start.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think we all know it’ll be some skin heads shouting at coppers and a few overturned bins before you all go back to not caring about being in the EU.

December 2015 lease than 1% of the population cited EU membership as a concern. Less than 1%.
That’s how it Would go back to.

But I’ve given up all hope of a sensible end to this and I prepare for the worst. As you should. It’ll be the end of the U.K. for a start.

Or the beginning of a new start. You really need to see the + in things. Cheer up!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I don't think the Tories will be disappearing anytime soon no matter what happens

Regarding "consequences on the streets", would you don khaki and join Palace's most famous son?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And all polls on a GE have the Tories ahead so I think your second wish may well not happen.

Tactical voting? The possibility of coalitions? Who knows what would happen if a general Election were to come about.?

And I am not saying that as an aggressive remainer. I am saying that as someone who genuinely is perplexed at how we might have managed to get to this point and is genuinely in fear of what might happen over the next few weeks and months.

And whatever happens, half the country is going to be angry. However much people come up with the tired mantra that "It's what the people want", roughly half the people don't want it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here