Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I voted remain and I am inclined to agree with this.

If there is another referendum and now it’s obvious liberals/ snp/ labour are all now in the remain camp, what happens if the referendum says ..OUT again! Parliament will never vote to take us out of Europe.

This is getting into a very serious situation and I do hope this will not lead to civil unrest!

Just look at the way MPs of all parties were abused on their way out of parliament...it just takes a nutter!!!

The original referendum was based upon lies and best guesses on all sides (and Cambridge Analytica meddling)....

At least now a people's vote would be based upon something a little more realistic and honest. I voted remain and also would like this whole debacle settled one or another.

If the majority still voted to leave then I might not like it but would find it easier to accept as it would be people voting with their eyes wide open - rather than BS on the side of a bus.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What will the parliamentary arithmetic be now? Some of the Tories who voted for the Letwin amendment will now vote for the deal if comes round for a proper vote - which would indicate it would get through. However, those who were going to vote for it in fear that if they didn't then it would lead to no deal, now have the freedom to vote against it. So, are we basically back to level pegging again?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes indeed. Bojo the clown just needs to bolt on a public approval vote for his deal then it would sail through the commons.

As you correctly point out our current parliament won't make a decision, they have failed to deliver on what the vast majority of them promised at the last General election (enact Brexit) ... so if they can't honour their promises in the referendum and 2017 GE it's time they faced the electorate so the country can deliver their verdict on their failures.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
3 pages of consoling one another whilst all the while Albion were putting in a sterling performance trying to get something with 10 men against Villa :facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So pleased it’s all over now after today’s vote and we can get back to normal, stable life...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Steve Baker still in utter denial.

Has just spent his interview having a go at "remain" MPs but refuses to criticise the DUP.

If the DUP had voted with the Government, the amendment would have failed.

Consistently failed to find a compromise and sold their allies down the river in the process.

The EU haven't shifted at all. They have only removed the backstop because Boris has created a border down the Irish Sea.

They've given up the Union to get what they want. It's what we knew all along. A Little Englander project.

It's a surrender deal.

:lolol:

A majority in Wales voted leave, over a million Scots voted leave, 44% in NI voted to leave, continually trying to misrepresent this as a 'Little Englander project' is both tiresome and factually incorrect.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The issue was how insanely vague the first vote was. “Leave” meant 10,000 different things. Hence people voting against May’s deal 3 times.

Make this referendum Remain vs Johnson’s deal - whichever wins is implemented immediately. Really simple, gets it over with once and for all.

It’s also very standard procedures in modern democracies to have a confirmatory referendum of this nature.

Or to add another level of democracy, given the closeness of the last referendum and the fact that the blue team has no majority, why not let the opposition see if they can find some alternative common ground with the EU and add that to the ballot paper?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A majority in Wales voted leave, over a million Scots voted leave, 44% in NI voted to leave, continually trying to misrepresent this as a 'Little Englander project' is both tiresome and factually incorrect.

That's what it will end up as unless the Tories can somehow appease Scotland and Unionists.

The DUP are saying tonight they would now rather help to derail Brexit completely than threaten the Union.

They are very very angry.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And they want money for child care , utter wankers the lot of em, I’ve been called into work many times out of normal hours and didn’t dare ask for child care to be covered.

I I have no idea if any report on this business will be taken seriously. Ask a loaded question I suspect and then run off to the media... move on.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
No Tories voted for the amendment
EU withdrawal deal: How did your MP vote on the Letwin amendment?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2019/oct/19/brexit-deal-how-did-your-mp-vote-on-the-letwin-amendment?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An independent Scotland is not going to threaten the well-being of the rest of the UK. If he didn't give a shit about anyone else why has he worked tirelessly with Lib Dems, Greens, Change UK, Grieve, Benn et al to Remain?

Because it feeds the majority of Scots (who voted for Remain), with the propaganda that the SNP are fighting their cause, and should the UK leave the EU .... then that means that the last Scottish Independence Referendum result is invalidated.

Strurgeon and Salmond have stated that last bit over and over and over again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The original referendum was based upon lies and best guesses on all sides (and Cambridge Analytica meddling)....

At least now a people's vote would be based upon something a little more realistic and honest. I voted remain and also would like this whole debacle settled one or another.

If the majority still voted to leave then I might not like it but would find it easier to accept as it would be people voting with their eyes wide open - rather than BS on the side of a bus.

The problem is on both sides, people are convinced that any figures or statements are fake news, or project fear or down right lies.

There will never be consensus!

That is the really worrying bit about all of this....and I think people are either fed up with all of this, or genuinely worried about our future.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
The problem is on both sides, people are convinced that any figures or statements are fake news, or project fear or down right lies.

There will never be consensus!

That is the really worrying bit about all of this....and I think people are either fed up with all of this, or genuinely worried about our future.

Yes David Cameron truly opened Pandora's box and any notion of reuniting our country (and keeping the union together) seems a long way off whatever view point one may hold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here