Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[tweet]1184432889892614144[/tweet]

problem with this is the government has not spent 70bn. the claim is that this amount is the cost to the economy.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh dear not very Democratic but never mind most sensible people would never vote Lib Dem on the basis that they're not democratic ,more of an extremist party with their heads buried in the sand.
Reap what you sow,its time to get ready for Brexit

Regards
DF

What,Hail Boris for Mays deal that he voted down :lolol:. I prefer the riot the streets threat for when we stay

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Something has changed with the deal for the ERG because they are now on-board. DUP keeping quiet.

the main thing that has changed is who is presenting it. daft i know but thats politics for you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You appear to have me confused with a different poster again.

Well that would be very easy to prove by telling us which you are backing, 'good deal' or 'no deal'.

That would certainly show that I have confused you with another pathetic whiner who doesn't have the balls to admit what they want :facepalm:

Off to bed, as I know you won't 'grow some balls' and give an answer :wave:

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
So you respect the vote and accept we should leave the EU(not remain) but have concerns about how we Leave. I have no problem with that. the sewer reference was not aimed at people like you. But im sure you knew that anyway.

I do. My issue is with the minority (30-35% if polls to be believed) that consider that we should leave with no deal. That does not respect the 48% Remainers nor the 30% or so Leavers who consider we should not leave without a deal.

Yes, the vote is being frustrated by Remainers, but it has also been frustrated by Leavers who, for reasons good or bad that I pass no judgment on, voted against the May deal. They too want to leave with a deal, but evidently thought the May deal was not it. Fair enough, but don't then moan because the other side are holding up leaving. You can't have it both ways.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After well over 3 years and 100,000 posts here, even the Remain guests on Newsnight just then, seemed to be reluctantly accepting that in one form or other, we will be leaving the EU.

I’m really surprised it’s got this close. I always thought a Remain Commons would procrastinate and destroy any change to our full membership.

Are there any other Remainers here, shocked that a change to our relationship with the EU, really might happen now?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Pointless keep banging on about remaining, we're leaving you 'd do yourself a big favour by falling in line and getting on with your life OUT of the EU I mean 40 years is a drop in the ocean ,how did we cope before ?
Get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather not fall in line with a bunch of nutters like you.

Would Farage have fallen in line if the result has been the other way? I think not, particularly if it was as close as less than 52% to more than 48%.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I do. My issue is with the minority (30-35% if polls to be believed) that consider that we should leave with no deal. That does not respect the 48% Remainers nor the 30% or so Leavers who consider we should not leave without a deal.

Yes, the vote is being frustrated by Remainers, but it has also been frustrated by Leavers who, for reasons good or bad that I pass no judgment on, voted against the May deal. They too want to leave with a deal, but evidently thought the May deal was not it. Fair enough, but don't then moan because the other side are holding up leaving. You can't have it both ways.

Think you are confused. I am not complaining about the remainers who prefer we leave with a deal instead of no deal. I fully understand those on both sides, remainers and leavers who are jostling to get their preferred version of leaving, or what they think is the best form of leaving, frustrating as it is that parliament cant agree.Likewise I am not moaning about those whose preference for leaving is no deal, if parliament cant agree on a form of leaving with an agreement then the treaties need to cease to apply and we leave without an agreement, as per Article 50.
I havnt seen a figure that 48% of remainers think we are best to leave with a deal instead of leaving with no deal, but I will take your word for it. I did see some polls that 7% or so of those that voted remain prefer we leave with no deal. That leaves a sizeable chunk of remainers, if your numbers are correct, who don’t want a no deal exit and don’t want any deal that facilitates leaving at all. These are the problem children we have in parliament, the revokers, or undemocratic loons as they are known by.(perhaps you were referencing the 48% as all remain voters, who you can obviously split as remainers who respect the vote and accept we should leave and those who refuse to accept the vote at all)
I really am not having it both ways, I have nothing against remainers , like yourself, and leavers who accept we should leave but have concerns about how we leave.
Be weary of course of those who might not be the full on weasel revokers but are those who want a leaving deal which isn’t really leaving at all.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
After well over 3 years and 100,000 posts here, even the Remain guests on Newsnight just then, seemed to be reluctantly accepting that in one form or other, we will be leaving the EU.

I’m really surprised it’s got this close. I always thought a Remain Commons would procrastinate and destroy any change to our full membership.

Are there any other Remainers here, shocked that a change to our relationship with the EU, really might happen now?

No, and I think most remainers knew we were going to leave after the result.
The question is how we leave to the benefit of the country.
What we definitely didn't want is no deal, only a total lunatic would want no deal when a deal was always on offer.
Obviously I would rather we didn't leave but as I have said many times many leavers knew sod all about the EU, or didn't want to know, they certainly didn't care that much before the referendum and a huge amount voted on immigration only.
You only have to walk down any high street to see the 'types' I am talking about.
Thick as shit, ignorant and racist.
But it is what it is, let's hope we get a deal that keeps us as close as possible to the EU.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well that would be very easy to prove by telling us which you are backing, 'good deal' or 'no deal'.

That would certainly show that I have confused you with another pathetic whiner who doesn't have the balls to admit what they want :facepalm:

Off to bed, as I know you won't 'grow some balls' and give an answer :wave:

Yep. you have me confused with another poster. sleep tight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mmmmm....not shocked as such. I was horrified when Boris became PM, and at that point all bets were off. If he gets an actual deal through the door that is voted for by parliament before the end of the month then he has done what he promised, and I would regard that as an extraordinary feat. He will be remembered for that.

Whether this happens remains moot. My gut feeling has wavered recently. A year ago, with a conventional PM (and a woman, someone that some MPs wished to bully, to boot) there was no chance of a deal, ever. With the maverick incumbent there are no conventions. The MP for the 18th centuary has already fallen into line (acknowledging the bigger ponce, perhaps). If Bojob can get a parliamentary majority, with or without the ulster prodglodytes, then the latter no longer have kingmaker powers, and once the deal is singed Bovis can arrange for a GE where the Brexit party is irrelevant and Corbyn looks like the last chicken in the shop (no change there at all).

It looks like Blobbis is winning. Even though he is all I dispise in a man, I can't help smiling. That is the power of the charming man, the charismatic narcissist, the self-effacing chancer.....what....have we.....done? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

No.

A combination of 3 years of boring people to tears with the whole saga, then hyping the possibility of *no deal* and all its disasterous consequencies, means that any deal now seems attractive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, and I think most remainers knew we were going to leave after the result.
The question is how we leave to the benefit of the country.
What we definitely didn't want is no deal, only a total lunatic would want no deal when a deal was always on offer.
Obviously I would rather we didn't leave but as I have said many times many leavers knew sod all about the EU, or didn't want to know, they certainly didn't care that much before the referendum and a huge amount voted on immigration only.
You only have to walk down any high street to see the 'types' I am talking about.
Thick as shit, ignorant and racist.
But it is what it is, let's hope we get a deal that keeps us as close as possible to the EU.

Good post, I agree with most of your sentiments. The main difference for me as a 2016 Remainer is that I’ve never wanted to launch the personal NSC insults fired at the Brexiteers here, nor the very personal hatred against people like May who were left with a nightmarish job, they acted in good faith. As Jo Cox’s husband and sister both said last month in TV interviews, all sides should lower the tone and behaviour, and cut out the personal attacks.

I would love to have seen the sort of EU relationship sought by the likes of Benn and Kinnock (juniors), but the following two very blinkered, inflexible and often conniving groupings spent 3 years seeking to scupper a compromise in the Commons - the ERG and the McDonnell/Starmer lot. (Yes I know Starmer will be loved in these parts, but he’s part of a Shadow Cabinet which has spent 2 years trying to bring down a government, by throwing a spanner into any compromise. Benn, Kinnock, etc to my mind are genuine compromisers who’ve acted solely in the national interest. Far less petty party political).

D

Deleted member 2719

Corbyn and Labour attached to antisemitism again, as Dame Louise Ellman quits Labour.

"Jewish members have been bullied, abused and driven out.

"Antisemites have felt comfortable and vile conspiracy theories have been propagated. A party that permits anti-Jewish racism to flourish cannot be called anti-racist."

She quotes "he is a danger to Britain".

I have said this many a time before and I have been scoffed at.

Corbyn is a dangerous man, yet people still stick up for this ****.

Why does Labour support such a man??? Unbelievable.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Corbyn and Labour attached to antisemitism again, as Dame Louise Ellman quits Labour.

"Jewish members have been bullied, abused and driven out.

"Antisemites have felt comfortable and vile conspiracy theories have been propagated. A party that permits anti-Jewish racism to flourish cannot be called anti-racist."

She quotes "he is a danger to Britain".

I have said this many a time before and I have been scoffed at.

Corbyn is a dangerous man, yet people still stick up for this ****.

Why does Labour support such a man??? Unbelievable.

Anything to do with Brexit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here