Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So why have so many people gone to all the bother of the Benn Act?

Because they were worried that Boris would "go for it", but he didn't.

Boris has blinked twice. This was their Plan A, doing the rounds even before he was selected as leader of the Tory Party.

However, looking a bit "weak" bringing onto the table May's thrown away original plan they attempted to get more concessions from the EU with the "threat" of no deal.

May saw leaving the EU in a much wider context and history will view her as such. She was obsessed that the Union wouldn't survive against a Labour Leader who couldn't care less.

Once they realised that the threat might become reality (no-one seriously goes into negotiations threatening to harm themselves in the face of your "enemies" who are better prepared) they've retreated back to the original plan with their tail between their legs.

Ireland has owned England, nothing more nothing less. Of course, it's got Germany, France etc.. looking after it's back. So much for the "surrender" Act, you've just witnessed the "surrender" PM, but that's Boris. He only wants to be liked. He will now attempt to fill the void with PR about he got Brexit and attempt to break the bank with vanity infrastructure spending. Us Londoners know all about Boris.

If this deal goes through, you've just witnessed a phoney war created by Boris and lost by Boris. The leavers have left, but very very much on the EUs terms.

The EU will have the last laugh. A disruptive force will leave with no damage to the EU with inevitable damage to the Union. They couldn't care less.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Because they were worried that Boris would "go for it", but he didn't.

Boris has blinked twice. This was their Plan A, doing the rounds even before he was selected as leader of the Tory Party.

However, looking a bit "weak" bringing onto the table May's thrown away original plan they attempted to get more concessions from the EU with the "threat" of no deal.

May saw leaving the EU in a much wider context and history will view her as such. She was obsessed that the Union wouldn't survive against a Labour Leader who couldn't care less.

Once they realised that the threat might become reality (no-one seriously goes into negotiations threatening to harm themselves in the face of your "enemies" who are better prepared) they've retreated back to the original plan with their tail between their legs.

Ireland has owned England, nothing more nothing less. Of course, it's got Germany, France etc.. looking after it's back. So much for the "surrender" Act, you've just witnessed the "surrender" PM, but that's Boris. He only wants to be liked. He will now attempt to fill the void with PR about he got Brexit and attempt to break the bank with vanity infrastructure spending. Us Londoners know all about Boris.

If this deal goes through, you've just witnessed a phoney war created by Boris and lost by Boris. The leavers have left, but very very much on the EUs terms.

The EU will have the last laugh. A disruptive force will leave with no damage to the EU with inevitable damage to the Union. They couldn't care less.

"weak", "tail between their legs", "surrender PM", it sounds more like you feel like you are having the last laugh (or trying to), and to be honest, as long as we do leave, you're welcome to it. It's all yours.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"weak", "tail between their legs", "surrender PM", it sounds more like you feel like you are having the last laugh (or trying to), and to be honest, as long as we do leave, you're welcome to it. It's all yours.

Doesn't affect me thankfully but that is the point. I can watch this as a bystander.

I've just witnessed a few months of bravado but then the Government roll over and let the EU sniff it's genitals.

Fair play to you, one of the last standing "technical" defenders of the approach on here until the death. Your comrades have long disappeared, allowing the front line to be manned by an ex-pub Landlord and collectors of second world war memorabilia.

I even thought the EU over the last few months should really try and compromise so we can find a deal. No need.

Our PM in panic has reached into the bottom of his waste paper bin, moved aside the sticky soiled sheets of Andrex "compiled" during a Google Hangouts fact finding trip and found Theresa May's plan zero.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is the original 2017 Backstop deal that was agreed and then changed, just dusted off and given an effectively unactivatable break clause. It could have been negotiated in 2017 if anyone had bothered.

Now what did my friend Meg say way back when the Tory leadership contest first started ?

Impossible to make a prediction without knowing who the PM will be.

My good friend says she will make some completely impossible predictions then

1. Boris will get elected
2. He will try and 'rebrand' May's deal
3. We won't leave with 'no deal' on October 31st

(I guess that being proven correct with all her previous predictions on what would happen on every 'LEAVE means LEAVE' date so far, may have given her a completely unjustified level of confidence - we will see :))

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

I think that is what is called a full house.

Anyone want the lottery numbers ? :wink:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So Johnson resurrecting Mays deal which he voted against and quit the cabinet for ???

Johnson said May's deal would make Britain a 'vassal state' and May said 'no British prime minister' could agree to a border in the Irish Sea and break up our family of nations in our precious union, but it looks as if that's what Johnson is proposing.

Meanwhile both No.1 and No.2 in E.R.G. have seemingly gone to ground and are eerily silent..................

SPECTRE.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What makes you so righteous to tell people what you think is a good deal ???pompous **** alert !
are you ready for Brexit ?
Regards
DW

Well, I'm retired with a regular income, my kids are both grown up and have good careers, I haven't had to worry about a mortgage for the last 20 years, I guess that sterling plummeting may mean me having to move some of my investments into pensions to maintain my standard of living, but all in all, I'm just about ready.

What about you ?

Jan 30, 2008
Well, I'm retired with a regular income, my kids are both grown up and have good careers, I haven't had to worry about a mortgage for the last 20 years, I guess that sterling plummeting may mean me having to move some of my investments into pensions to maintain my standard of living, but all in all, I'm just about ready.

What about you ?

Having a Great time in Portugal
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

What about you ?

He’s been putting away £7 a week from his benefit money and has blown it on a trip to Portugal. Holidays on a shoestring, ugh. I’m glad those days are over for me.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Boris talks shite. If you believe him, fine.

He is a politician.They all talk shite....endlessly. They rely on the gullible and the apathetic. They put forward their party manifesto's and none of it gets acted on, even though people believe them and vote on them. They make promises and don't deliver. They switch political allegiance at the drop of a hat, to suit their own personal agenda and expect their constituents to go along with it. They have been caught cheating and deceiving and carry on as if nothing has happened.
Everyone in the political establishment has an agenda and will lie and deceive to get that message across. Its obvious from a lot of the dialogue on this thread that many of you fail to see through the bovine manure. I don't know whether its ignorance or naivety or simply that some of you are easily led. You seem to believe every drop of spin that is spun in your direction. We have had three and a half years of deception from the political establishment and a lot of you on here have fallen for it, hook, line and sinker. I know no one who believed in a slogan on a bus. I know no one who believed the former PM, an arch political establishment figure, who claimed to be working towards a clean break from the EU. I know no one who believes that politicians can be trusted.
They claim to represent the people and work in their local surgeries, listening to micro issues that have little or no effect on the wider picture. They don't listen to business and what business needs. They are pawns, moved up and down by the people with real influence.
Yes, Boris talks shite but so do all the others.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Johnson said May's deal would make Britain a 'vassal state' and May said 'no British prime minister' could agree to a border in the Irish Sea and break up our family of nations in our precious union, but it looks as if that's what Johnson is proposing.

Meanwhile both No.1 and No.2 in E.R.G. have seemingly gone to ground and are eerily silent..................

View attachment 116102

When will people realise Boris gives zero ****s about brexit?

He is going to say and do what ever - sadly for him all sides are now boxing him in, just like May

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here