Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The son of a father who for a while was very anti-EEC/EU but strangely became a keen supporter when offered a nice pay package from them !

He was pro-EU / remaining when he led the Labour Party. So when you say 'become' a keen supporter when offered a job with them, he had led Labour manifestos promising to work with the UK in the EU decades prior to that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Of course it's an unsustainable policy because capitalism itself is an unsustainable economic model. Capitalism and worldwide population growth go hand in hand. You've voted to leave the EU to control immigration but vote for a party or politics that never will.

While we've only had limited control over EU immigration, we've had full control over immigration from the rest of the world. Not been implemented. Why vote to leave a strong economic relationship for control over immigration, when we've not been bothered to control the immigration we can do?

I didn't specifically vote to leave on immigration. Nothing will ever change is rather a pessimistic, defeatist worldview and makes casting any vote rather pointless if true.

Other strong economic relationships are available including with the EU.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
So, other than refusing to let government over-ride the House rules, and 400 years of accepted convention, at what point do you contend that he has FAVOURED any side?

Fair enough, misunderstood. I would still put forward my final question again then.

Okay, I will concede that maybe he hasn't favoured sides literally, but in my opinion the man in last few weeks has been sailing close to the wind.

Anyway, lets all pray that parliament can now sort this mess out, breath is not being held..

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Lisa Nandy now on the news, very worried that they will not get another vote on May's deal due to the Speaker. She reiterates that it is not the Withdrawal Agreement that they have a problem with. Perhaps parliament will have to find a way to unpin the political declaration from the withdrawal agreement, so that the WA can be voted through to avoid no deal?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So why lecture me on what 'no deal' means? However, it will NOT likely cause deaths. Don't believe everything you read.

I thought maybe you have a background in Customs, Logistics or medicinal supplies and that you could use that experience to re-assure why there would be no problems with the delivery of medicines.

Or maybe you were going to post some links to experts in the fields of the production and logistics of medicinal supplies, explaining how they would bypass the issues that would effect the movement of all other goods across borders with no processes in place for managing or charging tariffs on those goods.

But instead, you put NOT into capitals. Well you've certainly convinced me :)

I refer my right honourable friend to my earlier post, which I know she read, as she then quoted it

It's quite simple, don't go on a public forum insisting that your opinions are the correct ones if you don't have the ability to explain why they are correct.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You've forgotten possibly the biggest factor - a shitload of money and disinformation campaigns from those lovely Russians.

They've played an absolute blinder with Brexit and Trump, literally couldn't have gone better for Putin.

There is that. They must be pissing themselves at the havoc they've caused.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't specifically vote to leave on immigration. Nothing will ever change is rather a pessimistic, defeatist worldview and makes casting any vote rather pointless if true.

Other strong economic relationships are available including with the EU.

You've misunderstood me, I've pointed toward voting for a party and or policies that won't ever change, not that they cannot change if a different approach was adopted. As an example, if immigration was someone's strongest reason for leaving, then why would that person vote for a Tory party and prime minister who never controlled it as HS, and not controlled it 7 years of government. It is an empty form of control.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Think of all the good stuff we could all be doing right now without this shitstorm. Think of all the good work a decent government could have done with the time and money wasted on this pantomime.
What a shambles . What a bloody shambles.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's a Tory! You really think he favours Labour?! He's picked the amendments as per how popular they appear to be, and he doesn't take bollocks from either side.

Where specifically has his course of action unfairly favoured any one side?

It's only the people on here who are willing to take us out with May's deal or especially without a deal who are bleating about his interventions.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Think of all the good stuff we could all be doing right now without this shitstorm. Think of all the good work a decent government could have done with the time and money wasted on this pantomime.

The alternative view being that it's given Chris Grayling less time to completely **** up on numerous other projects. Every cloud.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Then multiply that by 3 and years of trade deal wrangling and you've got the next decade sorted. Nobody with any talent will want to enter politics with that shit to deal with, they might have trouble finding prospective candidates - just a bunch of extremist nutcases.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mays deal hasn't got away yet.

May just announced she will leave if MPs back deal. That will bring a few over.
Perhaps if she attaches a piece of paper with that written on to the agreement, Bercow will permit the vote ?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Theresa May tells Tory MPs she will stand down once Brexit deal is delivered, that's like the captain of the Titanic asking to be relieved of his duties after hitting the iceberg..:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here