Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
*No deal* and *Peoples vote* will win out, with no signs of any compromise.

Fantastic solutions like EFTA membership will be crushed by the extremes on both sides.

No deal? Can't be too many MP's have that as 1st preference...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm at a loss that people don't have a close look at those that really want a hard brexit and realise why they really want it. It certainly isn't out of any benevolence.
Luckily for the profiteers their supporters would seem to stupid and racist* to think beyond 'getting control of the country back'.

*Sorry I just can't be bothered to pussy foot around these gammons, anymore.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
[tweet]1110553207854583809[/tweet]

So MP's get a simple binary YES/NO vote,and expect everybody else to put up with their decision,despite ignoring the largest majority vote in British history.:eek:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Luckily for the profiteers their supporters would seem to stupid and racist* to think beyond 'getting control of the country back'.

*Sorry I just can't be bothered to pussy foot around these gammons, anymore.

That sort of contemptuous attitude is why remain lost the vote,you sanctimonious waste of space.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So MP's get a simple binary YES/NO vote,and expect everybody else to put up with their decision,despite ignoring the largest majority vote in British history.:eek:
Yep.

Not sure you're aware, but the view of the British people has changed - leave hasn't won an opinion poll since Jan 2018. I think that's part of the problem here.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yep.

Not sure you're aware, but the view of the British people has changed - leave hasn't won an opinion poll since Jan 2018. I think that's part of the problem here.

:lolol: You still believe in Santa?Opinion polls:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
objection, the clock was determined by article 50 and the EU. interesting if we revoke, would the EU take the position that they can no longer negotiate a withdrawal as we are no longer leaving?
Yes they would.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:lolol: You still believe in Santa?Opinion polls:)
Nope, but the fact is that there is good reason to believe most people would now rather stay.

The other thing to realise is that no deal would be a disaster for all but people like JRM with their 100s of £ms off shore. It is shameful that he is not pulled up for this self-interest more often. I honestly believe he is hoodwinking so many Brexit idealists.

We have to negotiate a soft Brexit, ideally something like the EFTA arrangment. It's the only broad compromise that will get anything done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Zealots each voting only for their favoured fanaticism then rather than a compromise winning out.

Oh well.

Possibly although the HoC has already voted against No Deal, and the Speaker is deciding what options are on the ballot paper.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has to be this way really
I don't follow your logic. Votes are often done with ditching the least popular after each round - what's so unusual with our Brexit options that makes that method inappropriate?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Even Arron Banks is agreeing with Alaistair Campbell about the Honourable Member for the 18th century. Ouch.

[tweet]1110521906627657728[/tweet]

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think the reason is that the vast majority of Leavers (both voters and MPs) have had time to understand the various options and, as a consequence have decided that a soft Brexit, staying in the customs union is the only feasible leave option.

Then you have the 'no dealers' hard line Brexiteers. Theresa May always had to include a significant number of these in her cabinet and Government, so it was obviously a good career move to put yourself amongst a very small group from which senior appointments to Cabinet and Government departments would have to be made. At each set of resignations, TM has had to go back and 'scrape the barrel' of what's left to replace Secretaries of State, Ministers and Junior Ministers with some taking huge leaps in responsibility. These people have and will always put their career above all else.

(Although I now understand that barrel has become so shallow, that there have been appointments recently who are incapable of understanding the implications of leaving the EU in any form.)

As far as leave voters go, the 'NO DEAL' shouters have always struggled to understand the issues involved with leaving the EU. Even [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] have admitted that they saw 'no deal' as a negotiating position rather than an end game.

So, you are left with the likes of [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION], [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], etc etc.

Whether they understand what they've done (and are continuing to do) is debatable, but you will notice that this group is always the first to revert to insults. I think this is down to frustration at not being able to understand why the Government don't just 'leave like they were told to' :shrug:

Crikey, where do I start with this one? I have said on numerous occasions during the lifetime of this thread that I thought the establishment would never allow the UK to leave the EU.I have also stated that I got up on the 23rd June 2016, cast My vote and went to work, I didn’t think that Leave would win but I quietly hoped for the best, there was nothing more sinister than that, all this “ what have you done? You’ve stolen Lupin’s future you racist “ didn’t wash with Me then and it doesn’t now.
In 2017 80% of MPs were elected on a manifesto to deliver Us leaving the EU, That now appears to have been a grand deception, History will judge those elected on those manifesto promises that reneged on those promises.
How do I feel now? Well the sun is still shining, spring has sprung, the Albion are at home Saturday, despite my crap education I am to successful to suffer disappointment, however, My trust in politics is shattered, My vote has never really counted You see, I could never vote Tory all the time I have a hole in My arse and the Labour Party with a terrorist sympathiser at the rudder makes Me feel cold as an ex servicemen. It has been very Divisive for the nation this whole Brexit malarkey, People who had the temerity to vote leave have been called racist, uneducated,thick, had their deaths celebrated and generally castigated by the main stream media, for what? Wanting to leave what is, in My opinion, an undemocratic club.The concept in the early years of a common market was a great Idea, I just think in recent times the European Union has become all consuming, I’m to old to be conscripted into its Army so that doesn’t really bother Me but Merkel and Macron in particular are, if unchecked, very worrying, just look at the way Macron is brutally going about dealing with the yellow vest movement.
Anyway, I’ve mostly enjoyed a bit of banter on here, in a strange way I’m going to miss being talked down to, generally it’s been mostly light hearted, Plooks has always been good for a laugh, I imagine Watford to be a Lardy Da gunner Graham type and several other condescending posters I shall miss.Enjoy your victory Ladies and Gents,it’s been a pleasure and rest assured I shall never vote again.

As of 2301 on Friday 29th March 2019......on My way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
This is astonishing: the voting system for the indicative vote is being cobbled together within hours of the vote itself. We must look like a total shambles. But it's not the fault of its architects: it's down to May running down the clock and this exercise being squeezed into a stupidly narrow window. You couldn't organise the chosen venue for an office party in this way, yet alone the future of the country.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Crikey, where do I start with this one? I have said on numerous occasions during the lifetime of this thread that I thought the establishment would never allow the UK to leave the EU.I have also stated that I got up on the 23rd June 2016, cast My vote and went to work, I didn’t think that Leave would win but I quietly hoped for the best, there was nothing more sinister than that, all this “ what have you done? You’ve stolen Lupin’s future you racist “ didn’t wash with Me then and it doesn’t now.
In 2017 80% of MPs were elected on a manifesto to deliver Us leaving the EU, That now appears to have been a grand deception, History will judge those elected on those manifesto promises that reneged on those promises.
How do I feel now? Well the sun is still shining, spring has sprung, the Albion are at home Saturday, despite my crap education I am to successful to suffer disappointment, however, My trust in politics is shattered, My vote has never really counted You see, I could never vote Tory all the time I have a hole in My arse and the Labour Party with a terrorist sympathiser at the rudder makes Me feel cold as an ex servicemen. It has been very Divisive for the nation this whole Brexit malarkey, People who had the temerity to vote leave have been called racist, uneducated,thick, had their deaths celebrated and generally castigated by the main stream media, for what? Wanting to leave what is, in My opinion, an undemocratic club.The concept in the early years of a common market was a great Idea, I just think in recent times the European Union has become all consuming, I’m to old to be conscripted into its Army so that doesn’t really bother Me but Merkel and Macron in particular are, if unchecked, very worrying, just look at the way Macron is brutally going about dealing with the yellow vest movement.
Anyway, I’ve mostly enjoyed a bit of banter on here, in a strange way I’m going to miss being talked down to, generally it’s been mostly light hearted, Plooks has always been good for a laugh, I imagine Watford to be a Lardy Da gunner Graham type and several other condescending posters I shall miss.Enjoy your victory Ladies and Gents,it’s been a pleasure and rest assured I shall never vote again.

As of 2301 on Friday 29th March 2019......on My way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a 'where were you when' moment to be ranked alongside Kennedy's assassination, 9/11, Thatcher's resignation, and the break-up of the Spice Girls. It's actually rather touching; probably the best message from the keyboard of BL. Missing you already...……...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is astonishing: the voting system for the indicative vote is being cobbled together within hours of the vote itself. We must look like a total shambles. But it's not the fault of its architects: it's down to May running down the clock and this exercise being squeezed into a stupidly narrow window. You couldn't organise the chosen venue for an office party in this way, yet alone the future of the country.

It's amazing isn't it.
If this were happening in some oil rich African territory the UN would be sending in Election Observers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People who had the temerity to vote leave have been .....generally castigated by the main stream media

Sorry but that could scarcely be further from the truth. Why would 'the main stream media' castigate you for doing the bidding of their billionaire owners?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here