Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I still can’t find any info though. There’s nothing on the Home Office website, I’m happy to be pointed to it. Can you help?

And I have no idea what that “asset publishing service” website is you posted. I have never heard of asset publishing, what is it?

its what the gov uses to publish some documents, if you clicked on the link it tells you its assets.publishing.service.gov.uk.......etc etc etc

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
its what the gov uses to publish some documents, if you clicked on the link it tells you its assets.publishing.service.gov.uk.......etc etc etc
if you read a document from say the home office it sometimes has links to more information.......and hey presto

The official government website is http://www.gov.uk, always has been.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
why should non British nationals be exempt from criminal checks because they happen to be born in European countries........you have a warped sense of duty to the welfare of British residents. Disgusting really. You should be ashamed
Its not low to protect your own citizens and request criminal background checks from non British nationals. We do it increasingly with non EU nationals. Where is your outrage at that? Hypocrite much?
On what grounds should foreign nationals here to live and work be exempt from a criminal check?

Have you reported your 'friend' working under the TAX radar? It is your duty to other British residents to report this. If not, you are just facilitating illegal workers that outrage you so much.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have you reported your 'friend' working under the TAX radar? It is your duty to other British residents to report this. If not, you are just facilitating illegal workers that outrage you so much.

He isnt my friend, he is a tosser...................obviously.
I wouldnt tell you if i had or hadnt..........ive never felt the urge to be a part of generation snowflake and share useless personal info online....... i find it very sad, i understand though some people crave attention online since they are very lonely in the real world. Hence usernames like grizzlinggammon who desperately seek interaction of any kind and get angry when their sad little world is exposed

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
He isnt my friend, he is a tosser...................obviously.
I wouldnt tell you if i had or hadnt..........ive never felt the urge to be a part of generation snowflake and share useless personal info online....... i find it very sad, i understand though some people crave attention online since they are very lonely in the real world. Hence usernames like grizzlinggammon who desperately seek interaction of any kind and get angry when their sad little world is exposed

Hence why I typed 'friend'.

The only one getting angry seems to be you, which is why you take a swipe at my username, drag up the term of snowflake, and insinuate that I must be lonely. Psychological projection at its best.

Are you angry at yourself for facilitating illegal workers by not reporting it? It must be easier coming on here to complain instead of helping with the issues that you despise. Surely that makes you as bad as your 'friend'?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hence why I typed 'friend'.

The only one getting angry seems to be you, which is why you take a swipe at my username, drag up the term of snowflake, and insinuate that I must be lonely. Psychological projection at its best.

Are you angry at yourself for facilitating illegal workers by not reporting it? It must be easier coming on here to complain instead of helping with the issues that you despise. Surely that makes you as bad as your 'friend'?

which bit of i wouldnt tell you anyway if i had are you struggling to understand.......have a hat :dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i wouldnt tell you anyway if i had

So that’s a no then.

You really are all mouth...and comprehensively owned by [MENTION=37825]GrizzlingGammon[/MENTION]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Imagine if you’re caught in the middle of this? What if your father or mother doesn’t get their status? As I said, the Home Office have a utterly woeful track record of ****ing up applications. It’s more than sad, it’s disgusting. I would not trust this government to run my bath let alone preside over family members status. I can assure you it will kick off when the first round of deportees start to leave.

I’m ashamed of Britain.

That's a massive U turn from you. On a number of occassions you've questioned with surprise why the UK government doesn't make EU citizens that want to live here register as other EU members do. Now the UK government introduces said registration and you get all huffy.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That's a massive U turn from you. On a number of occassions you've questioned with surprise why the UK government doesn't make EU citizens that want to live here register as other EU members do. Now the UK government introduces said registration and you get all huffy.

Not really a massive u turn is it? Slightly different to getting people to register as they arrive than telling people who might have lived here longer than me (I turn 40 next year) to go and register.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
This didn't happen before we joined the EU, as it wasn't needed. This isn't taking back control, but imposing control.

[tweet]1078683297927041024[/tweet]

[tweet]1078700022592606215[/tweet]

I assume Madame Reynard's mother doesn't claim a pension then ..... after all she would rather be dead than have an NI number and be on a register. Or maybe she doesn't use the NHS to prevent her having an NHS number. I hope she doesn't vote otherwise she'll have to be registered on the electrol role and have a voter number. There are some valid concerns around registration but this old lady has clearly been fed some poltical claptrap by her daughter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I assume Madame Reynard's mother doesn't claim a pension then ..... after all she would rather be dead than have an NI number and be on a register. Or maybe she doesn't use the NHS to prevent her having an NHS number. I hope she doesn't vote otherwise she'll have to be registered on the electrol role and have a voter number. There are some valid concerns around registration but this old lady has clearly been fed some poltical claptrap by her daughter.

A National Insurance number or being on an electoral roll, is vastly different to having to register just to be a 'second class citizen'. Settled status is not citizenship.
Your mocking of others concerns does you no credit at all.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
A National Insurance number or being on an electoral roll, is vastly different to having to register just to be a 'second class citizen'. Settled status is not citizenship.
Your mocking of others concerns does you no credit at all.

As far as I'm aware nobody has stated settled status is the same as citizenship - it isn't. One gives the right to stay, one gives you full rights as if you'd been born in the UK. A similar system is used the world over - even other EU countries use it. I'm not mocking her concerns, I even conceded there are valid issues with the system, but to use the reason that she didn't want a serial number or to be on a register is daft in the extreme. I don't even blame the lady in question .... I suspect her daughter fed her the line. Strange though, it seems perfectly OK for remainers to mock leavers concerns .... pot, kettle and black ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Not at all, you’re conflating two slightly different things. Yes I have questioned why the U.K. has never kept tabs on who lives in the county. But the system I’m talking about is a simple and free register where you rock up to the local council and tell them your address. It’s compulsory, it’s free, and there’s no questions asked and it’s not related to immigration as such. And the whole point I raised this is so the government would not need to now reach out to the hundreds of thousands, if not millions (let’s face it, due to a lack of register we don’t really know do we?) and ask them to all apply for a new immigration status via an app. I expect to be asked my intent in Germany, but to then let the Germans roll over my rights into my new status for me. I do not expect to have to re-apply to carry on living here.....and especially to not do it via a clunky error prone bug ridden Home Office app.

That said, they haven’t released exactly what they intend to do yet.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
He was referring to the article, not what the poster wrote.

As is often the case with your posts ..... you seem to have some word blindness. He said he was considering reporting the POST.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As is often the case with your posts ..... you seem to have some word blindness. He said he was considering reporting the POST.

Fair enough, I didn’t see that. When I’m wrong I’m happy to admit it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here