Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
A bit late, but I have just watched the Peston interview.

Not sure why he is referring to "right side of history". as that is in the gift of historians, not a "today" commentator.

But, his point about large sections of the electorate (particularly working class" being detached was probably bang on the money. He also believes that the Brexit vote was some kind of kicking to the establishment -and may be it was. But, what he definitely did not say was that Brexit will be the answer to that establishment detachment. He did not say that it will prosper Britain.

If people genuinely believe that kicking the establishment will benefit them, then I think they are mistaken. The establishment will be still here post Brexit, still increasing their wealth from a much smaller cake, leaving smaller crumbs for the rest of us. Look at Farage, mopping up his enormous pay off for zero input as an MEP.

If people really want change for the better, then we should have better politicians, held more to our account. Our voting system allows for the majority of our MPs never having to worry about a vote, as constituencies are solid blue or red.

Brexit will lead to a much smaller economic base, much less influence in the world, more inequalities in wealth redistribution (particularly the regions). It could also lead to the break up of the UK.

Meanwhile Rees-Mogg, Chris Chope, Johnson, Peter Bone, Corbyn, McDonnel and all the rest don't have to worry about that or the real world.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes Daniel...

I see Mr Hannan has spat his dummy out today over the withdrawal agreement he claims to have seen and the proposed voting rights of EU citizens post Brexit.

A continuation of the existing rights to vote in local elections or an upgrade to vote in general elections as per Irish & Commonwealth citizens? :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I see Mr Hannan has spat his dummy out today over the withdrawal agreement he claims to have seen and the proposed voting rights of EU citizens post Brexit.

A continuation of the existing rights to vote in local elections or an upgrade to vote in general elections as per Irish & Commonwealth citizens? :shrug:

Still could never understand why UK citizens in Europe were denied a vote after 15 years away, yet all Non-UK EU Citizens in the UK (bar Irish) were denied a vote outright. Just wrong...

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
He is not suggesting that leaving the EU is a good idea, he is saying this is the kick up the arse the political class needed, I am not at all sure he is right about that either.

My take is similar, if I understand correctly he is suggesting that the disenfranchised, or the members of our society who feel they were / are disenfranchised voted for change, unfortunately, in my opinion, it was the powers in Westminster that had stood idly by or indeed, actively supported this disenfranchisement so much so, that to give those in power a bloody nose was likely and as it turned out actually did. The shame is that the EC are being thrown out instead of the people who created this unbalanced society in which we have and indeed still do live. Maybe simplistic, but who really knows, what will be will be. Either way we have to come together as the alternative is more damaging than the past 2.5 years have been.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And all you can do is go on about a typo I made 6 months ago?

You have no solutions or arguments to offer, I rest my case

Ahhh the good old 'typo' excuse :lolol: What's your excuse for the other 1500+ #teameu posts?

I have argued on this thread for numerous months (your welcome) I don't remember you or anyone else for that matter coming up with substantive points that refuted my arguments whereas the examples of playing the man not the ball, patronising drivel, bedwetting hysteria, rubbishing the Uk are numerous.

You never had a case .. just a two year plus tantrum.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ahhh the good old 'typo' excuse :lolol: What's your excuse for the other 1500+ #teameu posts?

I have argued on this thread for numerous months (your welcome) I don't remember you or anyone else for that matter coming up with substantive points that refuted my arguments whereas the examples of playing the man not the ball, patronising drivel, bedwetting hysteria, rubbishing the Uk are numerous.

You never had a case .. just a two year plus tantrum.

You never, in two years plus, had a point to refute :shrug:

As has now become obvious to even the most limited on here :p

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You never, in two years plus, had a point to refute :shrug:

As has now become obvious to even the most limited on here :p

Slipping,Nausebury.No jpeg.

Jan 30, 2008
What right does he or anyone else OTHER than a Government representative even being there?
because he's a snide and thinks he can discredit the voters that voted leave , he thinks he's speaking for the country when in fact he's representing/speaking for London, another Nick clegg that will sail into the sunset, WE'RE ON OUR WAY
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here