Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Its almost as though there is a draft document out there(130 pages long ..cough) where the agreed text at negotiations level is highlighted in a different way to the text that is still ongoing, that would allow both Mr Bernier and Mr Verhofstadt to say with confidence, at different times, that 80% was agreed.
If only the existence of this document could be searched via something like google.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/draft_agreement_coloured.pdf

If only............

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
:rant::rant::rant::rant:

[tweet]1036947735319130112[/tweet]

A tweet claiming Farage is suggesting we should deport 3 million Europeans if there's no deal shows a video where Farage DOESN’T suggest at all we should deport 3 million Europeans if there's no deal
More tw@tter dishonesty promoted and shared……..…imagine my shock.

D

Deleted member 22389

A tweet claiming Farage is suggesting we should deport 3 million Europeans if there's no deal shows a video where Farage DOESN’T suggest at all we should deport 3 million Europeans if there's no deal
More tw@tter dishonesty promoted and shared……..…imagine my shock.

Twatter, it's a slow Brexit news day. Farage will now be in focus for a few days. Ads needs to be clicked and papers need to be sold.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure Settled Status will be just fine and The Home Office will process all 3 million or so EU citizens living here with no problems for anyone.

Just like happened for the EU citizens sent deportation letters last year by the Home Office - https://news.sky.com/story/home-off...etters-sent-to-100-eu-citizens-in-uk-11001868

Or the 6 year old British boy currently stranded abroad because The Home Office have now decided he should never have been given the British passport he left the UK on - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...born-boy-left-stranded-stateless-home-office/

Unions reporting the targets which were strongly denied.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-arrest-most-illegal-immigrants-a8400256.html

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It's hotting up...………….
The shadow Brexit secretary, Keir Starmer, has said during a visit to Brussels that Labour would vote against a proposed EU-UK free trade deal that is now being backed by Michel Barnier and David Davis, leaving such an arrangement with scant hope of being passed by parliament.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Was watching an episode of "All or Nothing - Manchester City" on Amazon the other day and Pep Guardiola was using the "F" word left right and centre. It got me thinking come Brexit will we take back control of our good old fashioned Anglo Saxon swear words? If we do then we might get something out of Brexit!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Was watching an episode of "All or Nothing - Manchester City" on Amazon the other day and Pep Guardiola was using the "F" word left right and centre. It got me thinking come Brexit will we take back control of our good old fashioned Anglo Saxon swear words? If we do then we might get something out of Brexit!

I believe it was Sir Richard Turnball, the last colonial Governor of Tanganyika, who once said:

"When the British Empire finally sinks beneath the waves of history, it will leave behind it only two memorials: one is the game of Association Football and the other is the expression 'F*** Off'."

The man was obviously a Brexit visionary, years ahead of his time.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

That is from March, you want the one from June, since that one we have agreed 7 more articles of the 168. https://assets.publishing.service.g...ile/717697/Joint_Statement_-_19_June_2018.pdf

To me it looks like 3 of those have gone in as the EU drafted, 3 have had a couple of paragraphs removed and 1 has had a couple paragraphs inserted. Not bad for 3 months plus work.

Edit. Sorry, you need both as the latest just shows the updates and not the full text.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that some of the more awkward decisions on a deal may be pushed back into the first extended EU membership period. (You know, the one called 'Implementation').

Should we have a poll to name the next period after that ???

rDE0EQVrTia1yJzZXcKy_963c0022a30a420faa491e24249266f9.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He doesn’t suggest we should deport 3 million Europeans if there's no deal in that either

Apparently we "overwhelmingly" voted to take back control of our borders, and letting people who are already here stay is willfully ignoring them. Classic Farage weasel talk, classic Fox feeding him and letting him talk bollocks.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
He doesn’t suggest we should deport 3 million Europeans if there's no deal in that either

But surely in saying that to let them remain would be to ignore the wishes of the people he is implying that they shouldn't be allowed to remain?

The key word there is 'implying'. It is meat and drink to snake oil salesmen. Rabble-rousers like Farage and Johnson are adept at giving a clear impression of one thing while inserting a small semantic escape clause that allows them to claim they didn't actually say it, not literally-like. It was done with the referendum-clinching bus claim - "we didn't actually SAY we would have more money to give the NHS..." And it was certainly done with Farage's 'disturbing' poster. "Racism? Not my fault if people draw the wrong impression from me choosing to have my picture taken in front of a load of swarthy-looking blokes."

There will always be a few people prepared to defend them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here