Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Correct. My daughter works for Unilever. The move to Rotterdam was more to do with protection from hostile take over bids, as Holland has different laws from us.
It's shareholders have put pressure on the board to remain in the UK.

Nothing at all to do with Brexit.

But the point is when they said they WERE moving to The Netherlands it was blamed on Brexit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No. Again, point to me on the referendum question where free movement is mentioned.
FFS people it is not hard.

*** yawn *** It doesn't matter how much you bitch on here - it was discussed prior to the vote and the Remain camp, Cameron, Osbourne AND the government leaflet indicated a vote to leave would be disastrous as it would mean us leaving the SM and CU and losing FoM.

Now the question is, are you just going to bitch about it on here, or are you going to do something about it ? I assume you made your voice heard at the protest in London at the weekend about leaving the EU ? Ahhhhh .......

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The pound is the worst it has been for a very long time. 2000 saw it at c1.7 against the euro, so saying it "soared" in the last few days to 1.14 is laughable, which is what my original post was questioning.

But it did though

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Haha. Is that the best you've got?

The pound was hugely strong on that date because the city was confident the UK would stay IN the EU?

Do you want to go and have a little think about the logic behind that statement?

That would be remainers in the city. No I don't want to think about that statement. I know what it means but unfortunately you remainers can't seem to grasp the fact we're leaving.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
They are clearly wrong as it is not stated in the question asked. Come in, stop defending and protecting people trying to undemocrstically remove freedoms!

I'm telling you how it is ..... you're the one deciding to stick your head in the sand. You've stated dozens of times 'it wasn't on the ballot paper' but it doesn't change the situation or what is happening. I assume you enjoyed the march at the weekend ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That would be remainers in the city. No I don't want to think about that statement. I know what it means but unfortunately you remainers can't seem to grasp the fact we're leaving.

What on earth are you talking about?

'Remainers in the city'? These people were / are trying to turn a profit - nothing more, nothing less. They are not Remainers nor Leavers in this context - just money making operations. If the markets peaked because of a rumoured Remain victory, it is because in the opinion of those money makers, a remain decision served our economy best. And they were right.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

'Remainers in the city'? These people were / are trying to turn a profit - nothing more, nothing less. They are not Remainers nor Leavers in this context - just money making operations. If the markets peaked because of a rumoured Remain victory, it is because in the opinion of those money makers, a remain decision served our economy best. And they were right.

Yeah right. So you're telling me that there are people that work in the city didn't vote remain. Jesus you call us thick.
Whether they're right remains to be seen. Doesn't it?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I had given you more credit than resorting to playground 'banter'. I was wrong.

Speaking in my official capacity as Chair of the Pasta Appreciation Society, I've noticed that he does tend to be at his most intemperate on a Monday. He gradually loosens up during the week but then something happens at the weekend and - bingo! - he's at it again. Care not: he'll be back to his old cheerful self in a few days and we can all have a chuckle together.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
No, that isn't even close to what I suggested.

You're not doing a very good job of disproving that theory, tbh.

Moving the goalposts hans. Love the way you dissect the reply to suit your own reply.
Still hurts doesn't it? I can tell

I remember having a conversation with you on the day of the referendum when it looked like the vote was going your way. I recall I was dealing with this 'win' by remain in an pragmatic way. Unhostile and what will be will be. Then woke up in the morning. Boom. Then the hostilities began didn't they lots of wailing and insults came flying. Still they continue. Have a good evening.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Moving the goalposts hans. Love the way you dissect the reply to suit your own reply.
Still hurts doesn't it? I can tell

I remember having a conversation with you on the day of the referendum when it looked like the vote was going your way. I recall I was dealing with this 'win' by remain in an pragmatic way. Unhostile and what will be will be. Then woke up in the morning. Boom. Then the hostilities began didn't they lots of wailing and insults came flying. Still they continue. Have a good evening.

I'm moving no goalposts at all, and you have a far better memory than I do - I couldn't remember specific exchanges two weeks ago, let alone two years.

It does hurt yes. It is going to hurt every one of us - some just haven't come to terms with it yet - too busy basking in the glory of their hollow 'win'.

You don't know the meaning of pragmatic, I'm afraid. The behavior of the markets are by definition pragmatic, yet you've laughably suggested here, that the pound soared in value at the suggestion of a Remain vote, not because that was seen by business interests as a good thing for our economy, but simply because of 'Remainers in the city'. :rolleyes:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm moving no goalposts at all, and you have a far better memory than I do - I couldn't remember specific exchanges two weeks ago, let alone two years.

It does hurt yes. It is going to hurt every one of us - some just haven't come to terms with it yet - too busy basking in the glory of their hollow 'win'.

You don't know the meaning of pragmatic, I'm afraid. The behavior of the markets are by definition pragmatic, yet you've laughably suggested here, that the pound soared in value at the suggestion of a Remain vote, not because that was seen by business interests as a good thing for our economy, but simply because of 'Remainers in the city'. :rolleyes:

But it did though.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So, just because something is happening it is ok!? What a mad statement.

You know how you've grizzled how people don't answer questions ? Well nor do you !!!!

So I'll number them just to ensure it's simple enough for you :

1. So how do you plan to change the situation ?
2. Did you enjoy the march at the weekend ?

Even you should be able to give a straight answer to those questions.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That 1.40 was artificial because on referendum day the remainers and the city were so over confident that they were going to win that the pound soared . It might not reach those levels again but I wouldn't bet against it. By the way at the moment it's nearer 1.14 than 1.1.

Haha. Is that the best you've got?

The pound was hugely strong on that date because the city was confident the UK would stay IN the EU?

Do you want to go and have a little think about the logic behind that statement?

Yeah right. So you're telling me that there are people that work in the city didn't vote remain. Jesus you call us thick.
Whether they're right remains to be seen. Doesn't it?

I personally think it is outrageous the way the some leavers are constanty called thick by certain remoaners and I have started a campaign to do everything I can to put a stop to it.

Now, I don't know whether you've noticed but, in order to help, Two Profs, Ppf, Pastafarian, BigGully and JCFG have seriously reduced the number of posts they make on this thread over the last few weeks. If you could join them, together with one or two others, I think we would make major inroads into putting this dreadful lie to bed once and for all :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here