Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
She also says the Government hopes to give Brexit clarity in the 'next few weeks.'

No rush obviously.

The rather appropriately named longest running farce in London actually lasted 16 years

51FR0RFFAWL.jpg

So there's still plenty of time for a couple more extensions/implementation periods before the record is in danger

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Odd one to (cherry) pick even for you, or just a cut and paste job of the Guardian or some other ...... do the detail, the report also includes the following.

https://www.cips.org/en-gb/news/new...-in-january-amid-subdued-inflows-of-new-work/

Nonetheless, panellists mentioned that sustained rises in sales, acquisitions and new offerings underpinned output expansion.

Inflows of new business increased at a slightly quicker pace in January, with growth attributed to successful marketing campaigns, greater market shares and the offering of new services.

Service providers further engaged in hiring, with employment having now increased continuously for one-and-a-half years. Moreover, the rate of job creation accelerated slightly to a four-month high. Anecdotal evidence suggested that the upturn in headcounts reflected the opening of new branches, projects in the pipeline and positive output expectations.

Indeed, services firms remained optimistic that business activity will be higher over the course of the year, with business confidence the strongest since last March. Sentiment was boosted by planned increases in capex, advertising efforts and greater market shares.

Duncan Brock, Director of Customer Relationships at the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, said:

“Brexit blame has emerged once again as the reason for the slowdown in growth of services activity, which was at its lowest since September 2016 as consumers reined in spending and displayed anxieties about the future.

“However, this lack of confidence appeared to be at odds with companies as there was a significant rise in business expectations to the highest for almost a year. Some firms were also discounting to remain competitive and launching new products, which is a strong indicator that businesses expect consumers to start spending again soon.

Scraping the barrel and undermines nearly everything you post, its an obvious snapshot of business activity and not any meaningful negative trends' [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] must do better.

An interesting spin on the end of that article you highlight, firms discounting is not usually a sign that they expect things to pick up, new product could be, but could also be a response to poor sales of existing products. Whats the betting the new products are lower cost offerings?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
In order to promote your ridiculous claim that the first Waffen SS atrocity was committed by a Muslim unit in 1944, you are prepared to act as an apologist for not one, but two massacres committed by the SS against British troops in 1940 by units of Totenkopf at Le Paradis, and Leibstandarte at Wournhoudt
It doesnt matter WHO ****ING ORDERED IT. They did it. You are a scumbag of the highest order.

I knew I'd won when you answered with insults instead of a cogent reply to why those you somehow KNOW did it were not tried at Nuremburg.Anyway you hypocrite,you are the one living in a fascist country,supporting a fascist,anti-immigrant government with your taxes.Why haven't you moved elsewhere?Or do you secretly like fascism,under all that lefty bleating?:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Odd one to (cherry) pick even for you, or just a cut and paste job of the Guardian or some other ...... do the detail, the report also includes the following.

https://www.cips.org/en-gb/news/new...-in-january-amid-subdued-inflows-of-new-work/

Nonetheless, panellists mentioned that sustained rises in sales, acquisitions and new offerings underpinned output expansion.

Inflows of new business increased at a slightly quicker pace in January, with growth attributed to successful marketing campaigns, greater market shares and the offering of new services.

Service providers further engaged in hiring, with employment having now increased continuously for one-and-a-half years. Moreover, the rate of job creation accelerated slightly to a four-month high. Anecdotal evidence suggested that the upturn in headcounts reflected the opening of new branches, projects in the pipeline and positive output expectations.

Indeed, services firms remained optimistic that business activity will be higher over the course of the year, with business confidence the strongest since last March. Sentiment was boosted by planned increases in capex, advertising efforts and greater market shares.

Duncan Brock, Director of Customer Relationships at the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, said:

“Brexit blame has emerged once again as the reason for the slowdown in growth of services activity, which was at its lowest since September 2016 as consumers reined in spending and displayed anxieties about the future.

“However, this lack of confidence appeared to be at odds with companies as there was a significant rise in business expectations to the highest for almost a year. Some firms were also discounting to remain competitive and launching new products, which is a strong indicator that businesses expect consumers to start spending again soon.

Scraping the barrel and undermines nearly everything you post, its an obvious snapshot of business activity and not any meaningful negative trends' [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] must do better.

You accuse me of cherry-picking but completely overlook my comments about teacher numbers and the NHS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A government preoccupation with Brexit has led to "policy paralysis" over the armed forces, a think tank is warning.
The Royal United Services Institute said delays over implementing planned military reductions, including the axing of some warships, aircraft and regiments, had created uncertainty.
Rusi said the UK was risking its reputation as an international partner.

More grim news. Education, health, armed services. Where will it end?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I knew I'd won when you answered with insults instead of a cogent reply to why those you somehow KNOW did it were not tried at Nuremburg.Anyway you hypocrite,you are the one living in a fascist country,supporting a fascist,anti-immigrant government with your taxes.Why haven't you moved elsewhere?Or do you secretly like fascism,under all that lefty bleating?:lolol:

Shut up you disgusting piece of filth. You are an apologist for SS atrocities against British troops, so you can make a ridiculous post on a football forum. Difficult to imagine anything more disgusting.
You are scum.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
An interesting spin on the end of that article you highlight, firms discounting is not usually a sign that they expect things to pick up, new product could be, but could also be a response to poor sales of existing products. Whats the betting the new products are lower cost offerings?

I didnt highlight this report it HT did as his daily snippet of UK economic pessimism, but I read the report and it is no more than one aspect of overall business activity in a sector or a number of them and doesn't even support his post.

Take it up with Duncan Brock, Director of Customer Relationships at the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, who said:

''Brexit blame has emerged once again as the reason for the slowdown in growth of services activity, which was at its lowest since September 2016 as consumers reined in spending and displayed anxieties about the future.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So he wouldn't get gassed by the German car?

You've often expressed concern about the emission figures for German vehicles so I thought it might be helpful for people planning to buy a new car to have the results of last year's Which? test of average NOx outputs of diesel cars from leading makers.

In order, they are: Seat, Audi, Skoda, VW, Volvo, Toyota, BMW, Vauxhall, Mercedes, Peugeot, Kia, Citroen, Ford, Hyundai, Renault.

Read into that what you will. (The list is lowest-first.)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I didnt highlight this report it HT did as his daily snippet of UK economic pessimism, but I read the report and it is no more than one aspect of overall business activity in a sector or a number of them and doesn't even support his post.

Take it up with Duncan Brock, Director of Customer Relationships at the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, who said:

''Brexit blame has emerged once again as the reason for the slowdown in growth of services activity, which was at its lowest since September 2016 as consumers reined in spending and displayed anxieties about the future.

Sorry, I was referring to the part of the article you had in bold in your previous post, as the part you highlighted, I was not suggesting the spin was yours, but I disagree with the author, that discounting product is a sign that things are on the up, and that launching new product is necessarily an indicator of improved expectations. The piece calls those strong indicators that business expect consumers to start spending again soon, I find that strange, what business do you know that discounts when a boom is on the way? New products maybe, but new products could also be a desperation measure if no one is buying what you have.
January is seasonally quiet and things will improve, how much is the question, and comparing to previous years will be more revealing than comparing to January figures.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anna Soubry has lit the touch paper for the Tory civil war to begin for real

To be fair she has history...didn't she leave the tories to join the SDP?

Jan 30, 2008
Markit/CIPS survey of the services sector recorded its worst level of growth for 16 months. And let’s not forget how much of a share services have in the unbalanced Uk economy. Teacher numbers down again. NHS in such a crisis that even some Tories are concerned. Wake up people. We told you this was coming.

Morning [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wYBn_olDg
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anna Soubry has lit the touch paper for the Tory civil war to begin for real

Hahaha! The Tories have been in a civil war over Europe since the 80s. In that time, we've had the Bruges Group, John Major's '********', defections to the Lib Dems and Labour, ERM, Euro, Brexit and so many other battles and yet they are still there in government.

The Tories fight over Europe, always have done and always will. All this scollobs of imploding has been said at every new turn of events with the EU in the last 30 years. This latest claim by you is yet more wishful thinking and more evidence that you haven't a scooby about any of this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Being in a cross party group to avoid a suicide Brexit its a little different to joining the SNP

Yes but the point was that she does move when she wants. Possibly one to rely on when you require numbers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Amber Rudd on the airwaves this morning has said the new immigration white paper is 'likely' to be ready by Brexit next year, when it was originally due by the end of 2017.

She also says the Government hopes to give Brexit clarity in the 'next few weeks.'

No rush obviously.

My take on what Amber Rudd has been saying over the last few days is it seems like a case of "we were only following orders", the orders being May's vision as spelled out in the Lancaster House speech. I don't believe for a second Rudd personally wants to leave the Single Market or Customs Union, ditto Hammond.

If Brexit works out Rudd can say she was part of it, and if it fails she can say she personally never supported it.

Jan 30, 2008
My take on what Amber Rudd has been saying over the last few days is it seems like a case of "we were only following orders", the orders being May's vision as spelled out in the Lancaster House speech. I don't believe for a second Rudd personally wants to leave the Single Market or Customs Union, ditto Hammond.

If Brexit works out Rudd can say she was part of it, and if it fails she can say she personally never supported it.
well that was a load of straw clutching , no single market ,no freedom of movement, its quite straight forward, some people will be disappointed but that's change for you , bye bye EU
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hahaha! The Tories have been in a civil war over Europe since the 80s. In that time, we've had the Bruges Group, John Major's '********', defections to the Lib Dems and Labour, ERM, Euro, Brexit and so many other battles and yet they are still there in government.

The Tories fight over Europe, always have done and always will. All this scollobs of imploding has been said at every new turn of events with the EU in the last 30 years. This latest claim by you is yet more wishful thinking and more evidence that you haven't a scooby about any of this.

It doesn't need Anna to light the fire, its already ablaze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here